Forum

Jinxproof Vixen - First coco grow

Canoga Grower
Cannabis Fan
Jinxproof Vixen - First coco grow

This is my first grow in coco and my third grow ever. First grow I harvested a bit too early and dried too fast. The second grow went well all the way until the end because I didn’t give enough nitrogen mid flower and got lucky that the plants starved to death slowly enough to ripen. I made this journal days away from harvest.

Here is my setup:

Grow space is 4x3 foot insulated wood cabinet I built.

2 Spider Farmer 2000 led lights

Coco is Mother Earth pre-rinsed and buffered coco with 20% perlite

Nutrients are Hydroponic Research Veg+ Bloom, Shine, and +Life, Fulpower Humic Acid,  and Terpinator.

Seeds are Vixen from Jinxproof Genetics. Here is the breeders description :

Parent: Go Time X Dark Side of the Moon
Hybrid Mix Indica, 35% (Sativa Hybrid) Sativa, 65%

Harvest Time: 58 – 66 Days
Phenotypes:

There are two main phenos, one boasts long kelly green colored leaves, the other shorter and wider deep green leaves. They both display thick, sugar coated, golden trichomes along with multiple colas.Displays robust calyx deserving of admiration.
Taste:
Sweet and tangy with citrus overtones undercut by dank, earthy notes that gently tingle the tongue. Sandlewood and Cedar notes accompanied by sweet vanilla overtones.
High Type:
Induces uplifting moods, stimulates focus and produces carefree aphrodisiac-like body effects.”

We’ll address these statements as we go through the process.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/03/2022 7:11 pm
Canoga Grower
Cannabis Fan

Cannabis Grow EAC7B497 BC75 4327 917A 1A73EB917269

I started the seedlings off in my aero cloner stuffed into a Root Riot cube. The solution is a Clonex mix with Fulpower humic acid. I was cloning some re-vegged plants from my last grow at the time. I was in not aware how fast things grow in coco. I thought “Hey I’ll start these clones before the  seeds because the seeds will out pace the clones if planted at the same time (like in soil for all my pickles and tomatoes etc). This incorrect assumption led to the murder of three plants which I’ll retell in a bit.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/03/2022 7:44 pm NYWeedMan liked
Canoga Grower
Cannabis Fan

Cannabis Grow CC81274E 557A 46AC A5F8 3A9A6A51AF19

After a week in the Root Riot cube and chilling in the aeroponic cloner I moved the seedling to a solo cup.

Cannabis Grow D70C35D7 8446 4763 A91F C22C27B01A53

Set up a little micro irrigation nozzle to auto water the seedlings since the clones have already jumped too far ahead and are getting their regular 2x daily fertigation.

Two or three weeks in I have uppotted to 1 gallon pots.

Heres a shot of 7-10 day head start that the clones has taken compared to this seedling. This is gonna be trouble when I flip.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/04/2022 5:27 pm