Forum

NYGC OGs: Samsquanch OG

Ausbucket461
Trusted Member
Practicing Grower

Yo! I'm pretty excited to be growing 2x Samsquanch OGs by mephisto. I'll be giving my new lights their maiden voyage [Kingbrite 240w QB with LM301H diodes with Cree 660nm deep reds] in a new 2x4 tent.

Mephisto's breeder notes...

Artisanal Strain: Samsquanch OG

Genetic Heritage - Yeti OG (Loompafarms from seed) x 3 Bears OG
Seed Type: F6 Feminised Automatic

Project introduction and Overview:

Samsquanch OG was a project created and now crafted into automatic format to keep on our journey of continually trying to refine what we deem is our take on the ultimate autoflowering version of the legendary OG Kush. The seeds were sourced directly from Loompa of Loompafarms when we met at Spannabis in 2015, I think perhaps he was a little sceptical about autos, especially being chatted at by two stoned lads at a fair, however we said at the time, give us a few years and we'll have something nice to show, and here we are today! This is essentially an auto outcrossed 3 times to plants of OG kush heritage, the first was our auto Triangle Kush (Triangle OGK cut x an old stock breeding auto), at F4 this was crossed to Bear OG from Karma genetics. That was bred to F4 to be fully auto and named 3 Bears OG, then the 3 Bears OG (Bear OG x Auto Triangle) was crossed to Loompa's Yeti and inbred again until fully auto. In brief the resulting strain Samsquanch OG; a dank, productive strain, high in quality that is an explosion of taste and flavour. We'd never blow our own trumpets, but we're humbly very satisfied with the outcome.

Strain behavior and structure:

Samsquanch is a vigorous strain that produces very well in the correct environment. She branches very well indeed, making multiple colas that are stacked with flowers. Flowers grow compactly but your bush will be positively loaded with them. If allowed space she will grow tall and wide, we'd classify her as the large side of medium to the small side of large. She is adaptable and lends well to training and would definitely benefit from canopy maintenance and clearing out any inner or lower flowering sites that won't receive much light. With the extra size development she does take in the region of 70-75 days from sprout to complete her cycle, the results however are well worth the extra days wait. To us personally we consider her one of the tastiest available, especially if you're into your OG funk.

Strain figures and info:

Size - 70 to 90cm
Structure - Bushy
Indica/Sativa - 60/40
Cycle Time - 70 to 75 days from sprout
Yield - 100 to 150g
Aroma - Typical OG markers of taste and smell
Taste - Earthy, heavy, pungent, sour, skunky.
Effect - Relaxing and sedative can induce a pleasant dreamy state.
Medicinal Benefits - Increases a feeling of general well-being, can be used to good effect for appetite stimulation.
Cannabinoids - TBA
Extract information - Super, super tasty strain for any extraction work.

EDIT: seen as biggie has died I've dropped a Forum stomper seed. Strain details below

Artisanal Strain: Forum Stomper

Genetic Heritage - Girl Scout Cookies Forum Cut x Sour Stomper F4
Seed Type: F4 Feminised Automatic

Project introduction and Overview:

Forum Stomper: We've been baking away!
Girl Scout Cookies has been at the top of the scene for some years now, with no end in sight yet. And whilst there's been several auto cookies variants available for awhile now too, we wanted to make 'THE' auto cookies. We acquired both cuts and seeds to work through back in 2015 and settled on the Forum cut as the one to utilise. We made a couple of crosses to her using different auto parents, and we found the sour stomper cross to be the most complimentary. The resulting strain is a real grease monkey, perhaps, dare we say it, the stickiest frostiest Mephisto variety to date?! Whilst it will definitely take a bx and further four generations of breeding to really lock the original strain traits down in auto format, we're really pleased with the colouration, flower formations, aromas, effects and growth patterns in our GSC version, the quality is also next level. She's a super sassy gal and a really unique autoflower. It's hard to pick which Artisanal strain is our favourite but, if you're new to Mephisto, this strain is definitely worth putting in your garden!

Strain behavior and structure:

Forum Stomper is pretty easy to grow, go easy with nutrients early on, let her get established and she'll soon reward you with some ultra frosty flowers. As a rule of thumb forum stomper will easily produce multiple cola's given space and a good environment, this can be further encouraged with some light leaf tucking and some clearing out of lower and inner growth. This small effort will be of extra benefit to ensure all energy and production goes to the primo places.

Forum Stomper generally has two phenotypes: A) a slightly shorter stockier plant with a more typical shape of main cola and decent secondaries surrounding her. These make longer colas with tighter internodes and the bud to plant ratio is quite epic! Overall we'd class this type as a medium size with a solid structure not requiring support. Phenotype B) likes to branch and bush to where it can be difficult to find the 'main'. This is the phenotype we've utilised throughout each stage of the breeding process, which we coined in house as 'branches on branches'. This phenotype is substantially larger with a stretchier more 'OG' like growth pattern, however, it's totally manageable. This girl grows a plateau of multiple frosty tops, if you land one of these you're in for a real treat too. It will however be towards the slower end of the spectrum, pushing towards 75 days from sprout in our environment. Both phenotypes present very unique flowers that have had several visits from Jack Frost. She is also a true stinker, a sassy, dirty, dank girl with a rich potent nose that contains traces of mint and deep exotic stanky aromas. She has an average veg time before entering the flowering cycle, frost development comes on pretty early and stacks from there. She has an average finish time in the spectrum of our catalogue, around 65-70 days from sprout.

Strain figures and info:

Size - 60 to 90cm
Structure - Branchy and bushy
Indica/Sativa - 50/50
Cycle Time - 65 to 75 days from sprout
Yield - 75 to 125g
Aroma - Powerful, raw nasty funk
Taste - Elements of spice, fruits, chocolate and mint
Effect - Strong but balanced high, can cause fits of giggles active and social which tails off into a warm body high, relaxing and sedative.
Medicinal Benefits - Anti stress, relaxing for mind and body.
Cannabinoids - TBA
Extract information - Excellent oil production shines through in extracts

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/05/2019 11:47 pm GreenSpoon, VTgrown, maxovrdrive and 1 people liked
+ Show 2 comments

Hr 0: HAPPY NEW YEAR!! two Samsquanch OG seeds dropped in tap water after being pulled out of the fridge for 24hrs to warm up.

Cannabis Grow 20200101 152210

Hr 7: Both seeds had sunk, moved both seeds to paper towel in a ziplock bag and placed in dark cupboard. Bed time. Will check in 24hrs

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/31/2019 9:26 pm maxovrdrive and tonytwist liked

Hr 24: Both seeds have cracked and have a small tail. Not big enough to plant though. I've decided to name them so I can tell them apart and don't get them mixed up when it comes time to smoke them. Team OG means they get OG names... SOG (Samsquanch OG) Snoop and SOG Biggie 😎😎

Began soaking jiffy pellets.

Cannabis Grow 20200102 155246

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/01/2020 9:57 pm Thekiddpalatt, DBL-R and maxovrdrive liked

Hr 40: Well! As you can see below SOG snoop has some vigorous tap root growth (about 2inches), SOG biggie has about 1inch. I think I know which will be the most aggressive pheno. I moved both seeds into jiffy pellets and turned the lights on. Hope I didn't break SOG snoops long ass tap root in the media. 

Cannabis Grow 20200103 080100
Cannabis Grow 20200103 081245

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/02/2020 2:14 pm GreenSpoon, Sgt.Bone and maxovrdrive liked
+ Show 2 comments

Well fuck... So on the 7th of January I moved Snoop and Biggie into fabric seedling pots and fertigated with 400EC seedling mix and sprayed some CalMag mixed to 800EC. I moved them into their own "seedling rearer" and because I got the shits with having a bright light in my room I taped the bottles with reflective tape and put them in a box... this could have been a bad idea. I woke up on the 8th and they seemes happy both praying to their new light and off to work I went. I came home and found them as pictured 😬😬😩 I hope taking the tape off and raising the light up is enough to save them. Time will tell...

Cannabis Grow 20200108 201451
Cannabis Grow 20200108 201421
Cannabis Grow 20200107 180425

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/08/2020 2:17 am GreenSpoon liked
+ Show 2 comments

It is with great sadness we mourn the death of "biggie" police are on the lookout for a known associate of suge knight, witnessed in the vacinity of the murder... Kind of poetic that biggie was the seedling that didn't make it after the light burn... lol.

12/1/2020- I've decided to drop another seed with a slightly shorter finishing time in an attempt to match up with snoop. This seed strain is forum stomper also by mephisto which is a forum cut cookies cross, so still fits in with the OGs. I'll ammend the original post and add the strain notes from Mephisto. Open casket funeral pics below and pics of how snoop is recovering.

Cannabis Grow 20200112 115626
Cannabis Grow 20200112 115631

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/12/2020 12:37 am MichelangeloGrows liked
+ Show 1 comments

Quick update. So the back up seed I dropped, didn't end up germinating. I dropped another back up, back up seed and it has since popped thrown a taproot and last night I placed it in a jiffy pellet and under a light. I'm hoping it will catch up with the samsquanch so I don't need to mix two batches of nutes for the whole grow.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/19/2020 5:45 pm maxovrdrive liked