Forum

NYGC OGs: 2 Phantom OGs Barneys Farm / First grow

Rolls420
New Grower
NYGC OGs: 2 Phantom OGs Barneys Farm / First grow

Hello together,

first I´d like to thank @dr-coco and everyone who helped building this great community! There's so much awesome content to find here and it's a great opportunity to grow with all of you guys. Next I'd like to introduce myself a little bit. I´m a total beginner grower living in some country in Europe. I don't want to grow for any commercial use whatsoever, but rather grow, like probably all of you guys, just for personal use. My problem is with the Black market, where you would normally have to buy your Weed. Most Buds sold on the black market are streched with shit you don't wanna smoke. So you'll probably gonna end up with more or less streched weed, if you don't know the grower personally. That's why I wanna start growing my own good plant.

Unfortunately my space and money is very limited. I've got myself a 60x60 (cm) growing tent and a Mars Hydro TS 600W for lighting. My growing media is a coco/perlite mix which will be buffered tomorrow. I'm going to use the high frequency fertigation method. My fertilizers consist of the base Canna Coco A + B fertilizer, for CalMag I have the Canna branded one as well. For root boosting, enzymes and flower boosting I have the Hesi branded ones. My tap water is unfortunately with a pretty high EC, so I'm not sure if my cheap EC meter is faulty or if it's really that high. So I might have to figure out, how to get to cheap low EC water in the country that's famous for beer and walls. So if anybody has an Idea, I'd be happy to hear.

Right now both of my Seeds are in Jiffy Pots, one Seed already came up and still wears his helmet. I might take some pictures tomorrow to give you something to visualize.

All in all I'm really excited to start this grow with all of you and hopefully learn a lot more about plants in general. (I also love to have my own Tomatoes, etc. on my balcony)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/08/2020 2:55 pm Canna.dad.bod, cliston and Redmocha liked
Rolls420
New Grower

Happy Frighday to you all,

yesterday I've turned on my mainlight (as far away as it goes), since both seeds wanted to grow to the "sun". When I checked it in the evening SeedNr1 seemed to be growing really fast. The root already came out of the Jiffy Pot and the first "real" leafs started to show. SeedNr2 was a little behind. The cotyledons weren't open yet. But the cotyledons of SeedNr1 kinda try to curl theirselfes downwards. I thought that might come from an too intensive lighting, so I changed the lighting today, as well as moved SeedNr1 into her first housing.

Since I've put SeedNr1 into her first shoes, I'm thinking of giving her some Nutrients starting tomorrow. What nutrients should I give her, if I really should? Should I start with root enhancer? Or maybe standard Canna Coco A+B?

Here are pictures of my Seedlings, please tell me if this "curling" isn't normal.

Cannabis Grow IMG 4974
Cannabis Grow IMG 8045
Cannabis Grow IMG 8493

It's now 3 days ago, since I've put SeedNr1 into the Jiffy, the growing rate looks normal, right?

Don't forget to get medicated, Peace

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/10/2020 8:03 am Canna.dad.bod, cliston and Redmocha liked
Rolls420
New Grower

It's time for a quick update guys..

My Seeds now have Names, SeedNr2 is called Mary now and my other one hears by the name Jane.

Mary was moved into her first shoes and Jane looks to be growing nice. Unfortunately my tap water has way too high EC and i gave my little ones that water. That may be the the reason why Jane has a little tip burn.

Cannabis Grow IMG 0355

I don't know why but it seems that I can't upload any more pictures? It just won't do anything when I'm clicking on uploading.

Anyways, because of my high Tap water EC, I bought some destilled water to bring down my EC for my nutes. Runoff water of my plants seems fine but the pH is a little high I think. So I put 6.0 pH in and runoff was like 7.1 . Is that normal or does that mean something is not right?

Bad news are... my main light just broke today. I had my little ones under a seedling lighting, but I thought that they could get a little more light. With that said, i did set up my main light and plugged it in. After like 10 minutes I've heared a weird noise followed by a weird smell. I checked my lights and over half of the diodes were broken.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/13/2020 12:07 pm Canna.dad.bod liked
+ Show 2 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
Rolls420
New Grower

Cannabis Grow IMG 4860

as you can see here.

It was also the really first time I have to use this light. I just checked it after it arrived and had it lying inside the box until now, because my grow had to wait. So I contacted Mars hydro and have to wait for their reply. I really hope it doesn't take to long for repairs...
And I'm also not really sure if I can trust these lights anymore, could have ended really bad.

So I'm really looking forward for the lottery tomorrow and I really hope to win it and have a new light soon 🙂

Anyways, here are my two little ones 🙂

Cannabis Grow IMG 9232
Cannabis Grow IMG 1851

And don't forget to get medicated

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/13/2020 12:15 pm cliston, aLBieHI, Redmocha and 1 people liked
+ Show 3 comments
Rolls420
New Grower

Alrighty guys, just a quick update with my lighting problem. Since my TS600 broke down 10 minutes after I set it up, my little girls were not able to gain a lot of growth. I contacted Mars Hydro immediately but since I bought the light off some eBay shop, they said I have to contact the seller. Seller said he'd send me a new light, but they didn't have it in stock for at least a week, so I asked if he can send me a TS1000. Long story short, I had to pay the difference for the more expensive light and it's now on the way to me. Hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow, so I can set up the light my plants need.

PS: Seller didn't tell me to send my broken Light back, so I'll keep my mouth shut and see, if I might repair it someday and use it as an extra lighting lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/16/2020 2:54 am cliston, Webb, Canna.dad.bod and 1 people liked
+ Show 3 comments
Rolls420
New Grower

Loooong time no update, I have to excuse myself but I was really busy papers I had to write for Uni and I was also busy with studying for exams. I still have some exams to write but I also have to stay here up to date. 🙂

So, since my last pictures of my little plants, a lot has happened. I've potted them into a bigger container, unfortunately I had to skip the middle container because I ordered them too late and they had difficulties with shipping, so I canceled it completely as I'm not needing it for now anymore. Mary and Jane seem to have a nice grow rate, Jane is starting to get the 6th node already, Mary is still a little behind, as it took her a little longer sprounting. But I also do think that Jane's genetics are just better.

At this time I'm watering them 2 times a day with EC 1200 and pH 6.0

But enough talking, I'll show you some pictures.

.... I'm having difficulties with uploading pictures again, I think this might be because I'm using the Tor Browser.

I'll try it with a new posting.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/28/2020 10:58 am Canna.dad.bod liked
Rolls420
New Grower

Cannabis Grow IMG 4
Cannabis Grow IMG 3
Cannabis Grow IMG 2
Cannabis Grow IMG 1

A little timeline how they we're growing, but there's more. 🙂

Cannabis Grow IMG 8
Cannabis Grow IMG 7
Cannabis Grow IMG 6
Cannabis Grow IMG 5

Here are some more updated pictures as they are from today. What do you guys think could be the sign that one leaf is giving me? Am I feeding too much? Or not enough Calmag? I'm thankful for every tip I can get.

As always, stay medicated peebs 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/28/2020 11:12 am Canna.dad.bod and Walkergrows liked