Knut
Honorable Member
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

Cannabis Grow TheMisfits2020

Tminus

Yes -there be monsters #TeamMisfits
ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2019 10:38 am crooked_garden, MtnDan, Benjamin Grohen and 1 people liked
+ Show 3 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal

January 1st. 2020

Week 1:

So, we are finally off!

Seeds have been in water for 8hours, and are currently placed in the propagation-rigg, aka "The Babyhouse". There they sit in zip bags on a heat-mat.

Cannabis Grow IMG 20200101 164837

Temps are where we want them, and we hope to transfer into plugs tomorrow 👍 

Cannabis Grow IMG 20200101 171555

Cannabis Grow IMG 20200101 170741

Coco is currently buffering, and the water acclimatizing 😊 

We will check back in a week!

Happy growing and a happy new year to you all ❤️ ❤️ 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/01/2020 8:21 am DREVS, MichelangeloGrows, rrittenhouse and 3 people liked
+ Show 1 comments

Week 2:

Its been a week, and it has been a hard one 😌

From 7 seeds, 4 deaths and the BlueBerry seed failed to germinate 😲 -that must be the worst survival rate so far in my career.

6/7 seeds germinated just fine, but still we see this fatality rate.

SO, what do we think happened here??

I feel fairly certain that i have the answer: The RootRiots used were over 1 year old, and they were rock hard. Because of my eagerness to hold a specific light-rotation, they only got to soak for a few mins before use. I could have pushed another few hours to soak, i could have went with 24/0 schedule, there are no excuses really, this should and could have been prevented 🤬

So we have 2 survivors from this first germination run, we soaked our plugs properly and germinated 5 new seeds, from those 4 have germinated so far (waiting on the new BlueBerry) and we hope they are all viable 😊

Cannabis Grow WP 20200107 15 59 04 Pro

Survivors got stunned, cause i forgot to rinse the coco after i buffered it 🤣 🤣 -JISES Knut!

Cannabis Grow WP 20200107 15 58 39 Pro

New babies just sprouting today, they are 2days old ❤️

-We have (hopefully) all our "Misfits genetics" sprouting, and we are crossing our fingers that they will all be with us when we check back next week 🌼 🌼

-Any plants lost from this point will not be replaced! The pressure is on 😎 

Happy growing Misfits! Its been a rough start, but we are super excited to be growing again and cant wait to see where we are next week 🥂 🥂 

❤️ 🌼 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/07/2020 7:28 am Rocinante, Growasaurusrex, jtwo and 6 people liked
+ Show 1 comments

Week 3:

We have a full house!

Cannabis Grow WP 20200115 14 38 25 Pro

Two survivors from the first germination, and 4 new babies that are 5days younger 😊

The new ones are rapidly catching up to their elder sisters.

Cannabis Grow WP 20200115 14 39 00 Pro

We are of course happy with having all our plants growing, but i cant help but compare my new grows with previous ones. -I think this is extra fun to do when growing the exact same genetics.

Cannabis Grow WP 20200114 16 26 544 Pro

As we can see, we are behind our previous TD grow. But that is to be expected since we had a tox early on, and a less than ideal germination.

-Lets see where we are next week 🥂 

❤️ 🌻 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/15/2020 6:18 am Rocinante, lights.soil.seed.ACTION, 3one and 5 people liked

Week 4:

We are growing, but at a moderate speed...

Had some struggles with this new nutrient lineup, and to be honest they have suffered some negligence aswell 👎 

Its busy days in Knut-town, and as a consequence i have missed some fertigations, and also suffered a rather fluctuating environment due to working in the room.

But here we are:

Cannabis Grow day21.

We have now transplanted into 1 gallon pots, and all six plants will stay in these until harvest.

-I simply dont have enough faith in these to bring forth the big pots

They will be placed in the (still under construction) B-room shortly, but for now they remain in the Babyhouse ❤️ 

Cannabis Grow WP 20200121 23 59 09 Pro

They look rather sad from the transplant, but just received a Cheer-Up foliar 😊 

Brand new genetics will be germinated in a few days 🤗 🤗  If we can manage to up our game, they will be placed in the (also under construction) A-room, in 7 gallon pots.

-Come on Knut, stop n00bing around!!

Lets see where we are next week!

❤️ 🌻 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/21/2020 3:27 pm jtwo, lights.soil.seed.ACTION, Judgedread and 1 people liked

Week 5:

We are finally in the B-room 😊

Cannabis Grow WP 20200128 14 18 00 Pro

So we got our 2x WW and 4x TD in their final home 😊

Still not dialed in on my nutrient lineup (i think)

-It gets harder to read the more damaged the plants are.

❤️ 🌻 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/28/2020 5:32 am jtwo, smotpoker and FraggleRock liked
+ Show 1 comments

Week 6:

Scorched earth!

Cannabis Grow WP 20200204 21 24 59 Pro

Yes, we ARE burning without a doubt 😱 

We think we know why, and if correct, it will no get pretty any time soon 🙄

So i had some sort of moment of clarity (between the drinks 🥂) and i thought back on my rinsing and buffer process... So last coco-grow i forgot to flush the coco after the buffer and ended up with a super tox because of it. So THIS time i rinsed it real good after the buffer 🤣 🤣 -I spent several minutes fisting the coco under running water, and i am pretty sure i destroyed the buffer because of it 😩

As a twist, i tried growing the first 3weeks completely without adding CalMag!! My thesis was that these Coco bases had enough in them already, and any lacking would be sorted out with a foliar 🤡 

So  its been a battle of the Ca 4sure!! Even later on, with max calmag supplement +foliar, and  Canna Coco base nutrients (with plenty of Ca in them) + running a high PH -i still have struggled hard on the Ca 😪 

-I have tried backing down, thinking it was low N, and increased the ratio of base nutrients. But it worsened quickly.

In the end the doom arrived -Manganese def 🤬 🤬 Tearing up the leaves and the "holes of Anubis" started showing up aswell. -I went in to battle mode and lowered the PH to 5.8 swiftly.

Sure enough, the evil Ca def went full force on me in less than a day. Damn it to hell 🤣 😆

So... My current "fries" are a result of this, and since i have been forced to choose Ca over a better suited PH (at least for now) -I can see what i only presume is K def burning up the sides of my leaves, on top of the Ca damage ofcourse 🍸 🍾 

I hope to "win" the Ca battle as im entering Flower right about now, and be allowed to drop my PH accordingly, lets see 🖐️ -Would be nice with some expert opinions on my drunken assumptions btw 🤗 

Mayday!  @Dr-Coco

Or is it as under control as it can be at this point?

So all in all we are growing..... medium good 🤣 🤣

Its my third round in Coco, so i should know better.... But apparently i dont 😝 😛 

Hope you all are growing well! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

And by all means, lets see where we are in a week!

❤️ 🌻 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/04/2020 1:16 pm Benjamin Grohen, Growasaurusrex, DREVS and 1 people liked
+ Show 1 comments

Week 7:

Whats new?

Hmm... Had a talk with Dr Coco, he disagreed that i had broken my buffer.

-I guess thats a good news/bad news kinda thing 😋 

Good news: Well, its not broken 🥂

Bad news: I proceeded as if it was 🙄

So changing my NER to accommodate Ca and trading down on my bases was probably not a good fix after all 😆 😆 

We have currently switched back to a "normal" NER, and i have also upped my EC to 1450. -I just feel i was always low on something this grow, and i could not shake that feeling.

I have also dropped the PH below 6 and are attacking once more with foliar to make up for it.

SO, lets see where we are:

Cannabis Grow WP 20200211 21 14 22 Pro

So we are not great, but i think its not too shabby either 😊

We are running a lower PAR than desired, and the plants will have to grow into the lights because thats the only way we can raise the intensity this run. -We will fix this before SAFC 👍 

Lets see where we are in a week!

❤️ 🌻 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2020 3:07 pm jtwo, FraggleRock, lights.soil.seed.ACTION and 1 people liked
+ Show 1 comments
Knut
  Knut
Honorable Member
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

Week 8:

The battle continues! 

So im counting this as "Flower week 1"

Due to age gap and different strains its not really accurate, but hey!

-Some are almost a week in, and one or two plants have yet to show pistils so...

Cannabis Grow WP 20200211 21 14 22jj Pro

We are generally doing better 😊

I hope we can keep this momentum going!

-il guess we will find out next week 🙃

❤️ 🌻 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/18/2020 3:08 pm DREVS, smotpoker, jtwo and 3 people liked
Knut
  Knut
Honorable Member
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

Week 9:

Flower week 2:

What to say.... We have changed our feed from 9x to 13x. This sounds crazy, and it is 😋

Growing in 1gallon airpots with 50/50 perlite has its challenges, no doubt.

I must say i feel we should have done better overall, but i hope we can bring some of these lessons learned and implement them in the grows to come 😊

-If we can manage these new bases and additives to our pleasing, we will not be changing anything!

Im tired of "learning" how to grow by running completely new lineups each grow.

Lets see where we are:

Cannabis Grow IMG 20200225 222119

We are all hitting Flower at this point (waiting for the bottom right plant) And we will see if the canopy can catch up to the tallest flowering plant

Cannabis Grow IMG 20200223 003555

I hope we can fill out the space we have, but im not confident we will...

We have trained too conservatively, and our previous slow growth has cost us size.

-We are however on route to "beat" our previous 1gallon grow 😊 

These stems are all thicker than our biggest 1gallon-girl was at harvest last SAFC 👍 

Cannabis Grow IMG 20200225 222642

❤️ 🌻 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/25/2020 3:11 pm Nores, CocoNoko, DREVS and 5 people liked
+ Show 2 comments
Knut
  Knut
Honorable Member
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

Week 10:

Flower week 3:

We are growing on 😊 

Cannabis Grow WP 20200304 01 01 50 Pro

Canopy starting to flatten out, and we might throw on a net for some crowd control, lets see

We are REALLY beginning to doubt that the bottom right plant is a Auto 😨 😨

Its supposed to be the same strain as the plant sitting on its left side, but it doesnt look like it 🤬

-If she doesnt Flower until next week, we will have to toss her out ☹ ☹ 

In other news we looks to have filled up the pots with roots. They are seemingly on the lookout for a new place to live these days 🤔

Cannabis Grow WP 20200227 14 19 29 Pro

We dont really care though, they wont find it😎

❤️ 🌻 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/04/2020 10:28 am crooked_garden, FraggleRock, Benjamin Grohen and 2 people liked
+ Show 2 comments
Knut
  Knut
Honorable Member
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

Week 11:

Flower Week 4

Good news! -Well, kinda 😋

Our possible Photo plant has started Flowering, so she is definitely a Auto 👍 

Cannabis Grow WP 20200311 14 47 22 Pro

She is however FAR behind all the others! My desire to up the PK at this point is all of a sudden becoming a rather complicated matter 🧐

I have not decided how to proceed, but we will have to make a decision when this solution runs out (in a few days)

The other WW is showing ok development so far

Cannabis Grow WP 20200311 14 45 54 Pro

And the TD`s looks to be furthest ahead

Cannabis Grow WP 20200309 21 31 13 Pro
Cannabis Grow WP 20200309 21 32 38 Pro

The grow as a whole is now in Flower, and this makes us happy 🥂 

Cannabis Grow WP 20200310 23 54 18 Pro

Overall we are doing good in the B-room, and we are excited to see how this room will look next week 😊 

❤️ 🌼 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/11/2020 6:58 am Benjamin Grohen, lights.soil.seed.ACTION, Tickle and 4 people liked
+ Show 1 comments
Knut
  Knut
Honorable Member
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

Week 12:

Flower Week 5

JINX!

haha, yes! I said last week we were doing fine, so ofcourse it went to shitz 🤣 

I clogged up the auto-water, and the EC shot up to around 2200!

We have not been able to fully fix this issue, and will not be able to until the plants are harvested 😥 

The flush has brought us down to around 1800EC, which we will accept, as long as it stays there..

The PK dosages has been on a sorta "middle-ground", too little for our Blooming plants, and too high for our delayed bastard 🤬 

Cannabis Grow WP 20200317 22 35 16 Pro

The TD`s are looking interesting

Cannabis Grow WP 20200316 02 25 52 Pro

Cannabis Grow WP 20200317 22 30 23 Pro

The WW that is in Bloom and packing aswell

Cannabis Grow WP 20200317 22 24 06 Pro

And the bastard that didnt Bloom until 5minutes ago is.... well -a bastard

Cannabis Grow WP 20200317 22 27 20 Pro

❤️ 🌼 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/17/2020 4:12 pm Benjamin Grohen and Nores liked
Knut
  Knut
Honorable Member
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

Week 13:

Flower Week 6

Unable to keep the runoff where we want it, we are now "balancing" it by alternating the inflow EC. It is not optimal, but the alternative is to Flush ever other day, which we wanna avoid.

Currently smashing PK at full dose, our late-blooming Bastard isn't too happy. She will put up or shut up. Regardless, we are moving forward with this 🥂 

Cannabis Grow WP 20200323 03 37 59 Pro

The others like the added PK better, but the high salinity is affecting everyone, no doubt.

Cannabis Grow WP 20200325 01 34h 12 Pro

Flowers on the TD`s is starting to look more developed at this point

Cannabis Grow WP 20200325 01 30 07 Pro
Cannabis Grow WP 20200325 01 32 39 Pro

The WW looks to be the slowest

Cannabis Grow WP 20200323 03 38 25 Pro

Lets see where we are in a week!

❤️ 🌼 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/25/2020 1:05 pm bubble bubble, lights.soil.seed.ACTION, Growasaurusrex and 2 people liked
Knut
  Knut
Honorable Member
Proven Grower
Completed Grows
NYGC Misfit: Dutch Passion - TD vs WW

Week 14:

Flower Week 7

We stopped alternating the EC inflow, was curious where that would leave us, the results are in:

2900EC -and that was just in 5 days 🤣 

The salinity is affecting our uptake, so we are currently stagnating a bit in terms of size-development.

Cannabis Grow WP 20200331 07 01 02 Pro

-The GpW looks to be going out the window, but perhaps we can manage to produce a fair quality atleast 😊 

Cannabis Grow WP 20200331 06 57 39 Pro

Cannabis Grow WP 20200331 06 58 12 Pro

We are sitting in Late Bloom, and we will stay here for atleast 2 more weeks before moving towards Ripen.

-Lets see where we are next week!

❤️ 🌼 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/01/2020 4:26 pm Growasaurusrex and Benjamin Grohen liked
Page 1 / 2 Next