Forum

NYGC Misfit: Cheese, Bruce Banger

rrittenhouse
Practicing Grower
NYGC Misfit: Cheese, Bruce Banger

I have been getting the tent and everything cleaned up and organized for a much easier grow (hopefully). This is my first Coco grow but not my very first hydroponics grow.

Somewhere around 12:20 AM on 1/1/2020 I started soaking 5 seeds. 2 OG Kush Auto (I may make another diary for this one if I get spunky), 1 Seedsman Cheese Fem, and 2 Seedsman Bruce Banger Fem.

I will soak for no more than 12 hours because 50% of the seeds were scuffed. The seeds are in their glass containers on top of a heated surface (my desktop PC case 🤣 🤣). 

Go Team Misfits! 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/31/2019 10:24 am CocoNoko, mmxk and Knut liked
+ Show 1 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
rrittenhouse
Practicing Grower

Here are the Cheese and Bruce Banger photo fems slowly soaking up the PH7 water for the next 8-10 hours. Next they will go into wet paper towels until they grow a little bit of a tail. They will then make their journey to the Jiffy pellets and beyond! Have fun and happy germination everyone! 👍 

Cannabis Grow Seedsman Cheese Photo
Cannabis Grow Seedsman Bruce Banger Photo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/31/2019 9:56 pm CocoNoko and valleymicro liked
rrittenhouse
Practicing Grower

Both Cheese and Bruce Banner seeds sank about 3-4 hours later. Still waiting on both OG Kush Auto's to sink (See OG Team for that grow log)

Cannabis Grow Seedsman Cheese Photo Paper Towel
Cannabis Grow Seedsman Bruce Banger Photo Paper Towel

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/01/2020 1:10 am CocoNoko and valleymicro liked
rrittenhouse
Practicing Grower

Cheese after 22 hours total (soak then towel):

Cannabis Grow Seedsman Cheese Photo Paper Towel 22hr

Bruce Banger after 22 hours total (soak then towel):

Cannabis Grow Seedsman Bruce Banger Photo Paper Towel 22hr

Jiffy Pellets are ready!

Cannabis Grow Jiffy Pellets Prepped

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/01/2020 8:16 pm CocoNoko and valleymicro liked
rrittenhouse
Practicing Grower

My ultimate plan for this grow is to:

1. Grow and learn with others
  2. Experiment with Coco coir as a grow medium
  3. Grow some amazing medication
  4. Automate the watering and EC/PH measurement processes

Here were the only differences between last night and today, really. We seem to have an overachiever in the Bruce Banger lineup as seen here before planting into the Jiffy Pellet.

Cannabis Grow Bruce Banger Going from Paper Towel to Jiffy Pellets

Here are all of the girls in their respective spots. For this log, ignore the middle 2 😀 They are the two OG Kush Autos for the other grow log. They have been on the warmer for another couple of hours until I get the stand in the tent and measure the res, etc.

Cannabis Grow All Loaded into Jiffy Tray

Go misfits!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/02/2020 12:09 pm CocoNoko, lights.soil.seed.ACTION, valleymicro and 1 people liked
+ Show 1 comments
rrittenhouse
Practicing Grower

Yesterday, I was going to post some updates but I was up working on getting coco washed, haha.

Rehydrating the Canna Coco:

Cannabis Grow Rehydrate Coco

Washing the Coco:

Cannabis Grow Washing Coco

First Buffer Soak (8 Hours):

Cannabis Grow Coco Buffer 1

I will be emptying the buffer solution shortly and letting it soak in a new solution for 8 more hours. After that, I will be mixing in the perlite and getting the rest of my setup ready. Things are moving along!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/03/2020 9:25 am CocoNoko liked
rrittenhouse
Practicing Grower

Enter, the tent:

Cannabis Grow Day 3   Tent Shot

I just have the setup sitting in there for now. I will be drilling the drain hole very soon and putting a bucket under the table to catch the runoff for testing or whatnot.

The Cheese is slow moving but it's in second place speed/size wise out of all of the seeds that were sprouted.

Cannabis Grow Day 3   Cheese

Here are the Bruce Banger seedlings:

Cannabis Grow Day 3   Bruce Banger Jiffy Setup

Annd back in they go:

Cannabis Grow Open Tent

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/03/2020 3:30 pm CocoNoko liked
rrittenhouse
Practicing Grower

Day 5 - We are down to 1 Bruce Banger and 1 Cheese. I transplanted them both into coco finally after it was buffered, pre-fertigated and the rest.

Cannabis Grow Day 5   Both Transplanted and in tent

Bruce Banger:

Cannabis Grow Day 5   Bruce Banger Transplanted

Cheese:

Cannabis Grow Day 5 Cheese Transplanted

The Bruce Banger was looking very iffy until it was put into the coco and watered. I had a lot of issues getting things figured out but with the help of the other fellow chat members, I was able to get things mixed up and the pH somewhat right..or so I thought.

My generic pH meter was giving me really unrealistic readings! Even when it stabilized, it seemed to be "about the same" reading even in the calibration solution. I tried changing the batteries to no avail so I ordered the pH20 listed on the CFC website. It had the Seedling Solution that I mixed up at a 3.8pH !!!! I only fed twice with that but I pH up'ed it to 6.3 and made sure the dilution was still good at 400 EC.

Hopefully as things slow down I can add much more detail to my grow journal.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2020 8:45 pm CocoNoko liked
rrittenhouse
Practicing Grower

Day 6 -

Some of what I posted in the last update was today. I received my new pH meter (Apera PH20 Combo Kit). I completed the 3 point calibration and quickly tested my seedling solution pH that I made the night before (and basically guessed on the pH); it was a 3.8 pH! I quickly added some pH up and got it up to 6.3 and verified that the EC was still within acceptable range.

They are looking better today and the taco'ing seems to have gone. I moved around and removed the cement mixing bucket for now as I need to modify it to be able to drain the water out of it but I need to find a hole saw for it.

Here are the photos from today:

Opening the tent:

Cannabis Grow Day 6   Opening the tent

Bruce Banger:

Cannabis Grow Day 6   Bruce Banger

Cheese:

Cannabis Grow Day 6   Cheese

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2020 8:51 pm 3one, CocoNoko, FraggleRock and 1 people liked
rrittenhouse
Practicing Grower

Day 11 - 

The two remaining girls are starting to take off a little more. I will say that today the Bruce Banger looked a little sad and droopy just before lights out. I have been feeding the girls with varying EC and pH each day according to https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/how-to-grow-cannabis-seedlings-in-coco-coir/ which has proven to be extremely helpful.

Here is the whole tent including the two autos that I have re-started:

Cannabis Grow Day 11   Overview

Here is more of a close-up of the Cheese:

Cannabis Grow Day 11   Cheese

Here is a close-up of the Bruce Banger:

Cannabis Grow Day 11   Bruce Banger

I hope the Bruce Banger makes it. If not, we may have to veg out this Cheese for quite a while until I can get it to fill up the tent! I am loving this new pH meter that Dr. Coco suggests on the equipment section of the website. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2020 11:13 am Judgedread and CocoNoko liked
+ Show 1 comments
rrittenhouse
Practicing Grower

Things are moving along, slowly. Here is the Cheese:

Cannabis Grow Day 13   Cheese2
Cannabis Grow Day 13   Cheese

Here is the Bruce Banger:

Cannabis Grow Day 13   Bruce Banger

I went through all of my seedling mix as I diluted it down and brought the plants up to accept the full strength seedling solution. I moved onto the next week and made a stronger solution at 1300 EC and I am bringing the plants up slowly to the full strength of that over the next week. I never thought about making the stronger solution and then diluting it into another container as you feed. On top of the varying EC, I am also varying the pH ever so slightly each day as well.

I am however worried about the Bruce Banger seedling because the leaves have started to droop quite a bit down. I need to look into this a bit more but maybe it's something that happened that will work itself out. Lights come on in about 30 minutes, so I will get another glimpse of them then.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/13/2020 4:46 pm Growasaurusrex, valleymicro and CocoNoko liked
+ Show 2 comments