Forum

PTGC Toppers: Jumping in

Page 2 / 2 Prev
dkzoo
  dkzoo
Eminent Member
Practicing Grower

The Zkittlez auto I'm using as my grow challenge plant (after losing my entire tent in week 3 of veg) is closing in on harvest, a couple weeks to go. It smells great, though not very strong. This strain has been nonstop frustration. This  is the 5th time I've run this strain from this breeder and luckily it is the last seed I have from the batch. Every single run has been wildly different from the rest and not one has been worth the effort. I'm just hoping for an ounce of good bud, but that is looking optimistic.

The good news is that I finally got the canopy in pretty good shape for the rest of the tent. The plants are looking pretty good at 5 days since the flip to flowering. There are 4 strains in that canopy so getting it pretty even and keeping it there is going to continue to be a challenge. This grow will be going well past the end of the challenge.

Cannabis Grow IMG 4284

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/21/2020 11:17 am
dkzoo
  dkzoo
Eminent Member
Practicing Grower
Almost ready to chop

Hey Growmies,

This grow has been a journey. I've dealt with a deadly pathogen that remains a mystery, autoflowers that never auto'd, an entire pack of nonviable seeds, the death of my dehumidifier, and a few other hurdles that were outside of my control. On top of that, I made my work more complicated by throwing a few new variables at my grow. This is my first full cycle with a new light, my first led grow light, and my first grow with a couple changes in soil management techniques, I started using worm castings as a top dress and a soil amendment and started using pumice as a soil amendment. I think the changes I'm making to my soil mixture are having a good effect that will produce long-term benefits. Because of all of the difficulties I encountered, my grow challenge plant is one of the autos I was running in the back of the tent, rather than what I set out to use. The zkittles in the back of the image is really close to harvest, probably about 1 week until chop.

Cannabis Grow IMG 4288

The yield is going to be weak, but the terps are kickin'.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/28/2020 11:07 am
dkzoo
  dkzoo
Eminent Member
Practicing Grower
Almost ready to chop

Hey Growmies,

This grow has been a journey. I've dealt with a deadly pathogen that remains a mystery, autoflowers that never auto'd, an entire pack of nonviable seeds, the death of my dehumidifier, and a few other hurdles that were outside of my control. On top of that, I made my work more complicated by throwing a few new variables at my grow. This is my first full cycle with a new light, my first led grow light. This is my first grow with a couple changes in soil management techniques, I started using worm castings as a top dress and a soil amendment and stared using pumice as a soil amendment. I think the changes I'm making to my soil mixture are having a good effect that will produce long-term benefits. Because of all of the difficulties I encountered, my grow challenge plant is one of the autos I was running in the back of the tent, rather than what I set out to use. The zkittles in the back of the image is really close to harvest, probably about 1 week until chop.

Cannabis Grow IMG 4288

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/28/2020 11:09 am
dkzoo
  dkzoo
Eminent Member
Practicing Grower
Almost ready to chop

Hey Growmies,

This grow has been a journey. I've dealt with a deadly pathogen that remains a mystery, autoflowers that never auto'd, an entire pack of nonviable seeds, the death of my dehumidifier, and a few other hurdles that were outside of my control. On top of that, I made my work more complicated by throwing a few new variables at my grow. This is my first full cycle with a new light, my first led grow light. This is my first grow with a couple changes in soil management techniques, I started using worm castings as a top dress and a soil amendment and stared using pumice as a soil amendment. I think the changes I'm making to my soil mixture are having a good effect that will produce long-term benefits. Because of all of the difficulties I encountered, my grow challenge plant is one of the autos I was running in the back of the tent, rather than what I set out to use. The zkittles in the back of the image is really close to harvest, probably about 1 week until chop.

Cannabis Grow IMG 4288

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/28/2020 11:10 am
dkzoo
  dkzoo
Eminent Member
Practicing Grower
Almost ready to chop

Hey Growmies,

This grow has been a journey. I've dealt with a deadly pathogen that remains a mystery, autoflowers that never auto'd, an entire pack of nonviable seeds, the death of my dehumidifier, and a few other hurdles that were outside of my control. On top of that, I made my work more complicated by throwing a few new variables at my grow. This is my first full cycle with a new light, my first led grow light, and my first grow with a couple changes in soil management techniques, I started using worm castings as a top dress and a soil amendment and stared using pumice as a soil amendment. I think the changes I'm making to my soil mixture are having a good effect that will produce long-term benefits. Because of all of the difficulties I encountered, my grow challenge plant is one of the autos I was running in the back of the tent, rather than what I set out to use. The zkittles in the back of the image is really close to harvest, probably about 1 week until chop.

Cannabis Grow IMG 4288

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/28/2020 11:11 am
dkzoo
  dkzoo
Eminent Member
Practicing Grower
harvest in 2 days

Everything is cooking along and healthier than it has been during the entire grow. Good times. The zkittlez is super close. I'm almost 2 weeks beyond the breeder's recommended harvest date, but this breeder is garbage so I'm not surprised. Seeds from this pack have finished everywhere from 7 to 11 weeks. Based on what I've seen in past runs I plan to chop this thing in a couple days.

The rest of the tent is in good shape. I ended up with 2 males, one of which was good enough to set aside for pollen harvest.

Cannabis Grow ZK 12.6a
Cannabis Grow 12.6a

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2020 10:02 am
dkzoo
  dkzoo
Eminent Member
Practicing Grower
Still not quite there

This is the 5th time I've run this cultivar (zkittlez auto) and the only thing that has been consistent is that it hangs out in that almost ready to chop stage for a long time. I'm hoping to chop this before the end of the weekend.

Cannabis Grow zk 12.10.3
Cannabis Grow zk 12.10.2
Cannabis Grow zk 12.10.1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/10/2020 11:04 am CrackBabies liked
dkzoo
  dkzoo
Eminent Member
Practicing Grower
Chop chop
Total Days: 91
Flower Days: 44
Harvested: 12/11/2020

Finally, after 79 days from germination, the zkittlez is chopped and hanging.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2020 6:41 am
Page 2 / 2 Prev