Forum

PTGC Toppers: Cross-Training Auto White Widow

Page 3 / 3 Prev
berkshirebud
Honorable Member CfC Advisor
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

WW4 is still towering over WW3, and is taking over the tent.

Cannabis Grow IMG 9311

Her colas continue to stack up nicely. 

Cannabis Grow IMG 9309

But, while the resin heads are cloudy, I am still not seeing much if any amber. 

Cannabis Grow IMG 9313

Meanwhile although a bit shorter, WW3 has some very respectable colas.

Cannabis Grow IMG 9310

And, she is just starting to show amber, which means it is is time to harvest!

Cannabis Grow IMG 9319

I knew this was going to happen. I just harvested the first of my other tent two days ago. I am going to have to rearrange my drying lines to make room for this one. I guess I will be in trim jail tonight!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/14/2020 11:30 am gardenwitch, JohnEMad and CrackBabies liked
+ Show 3 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
berkshirebud
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

I was too tired,  so I let everyone go another day.

Cannabis Grow IMG 9329
Cannabis Grow IMG 9331
Cannabis Grow IMG 9330

Here's a better picture of the left plant's trichomes.

Cannabis Grow IMG 9339

I started harvesting two days ago. The first half of the plant I harvested and wet-trimmed entire branches. What a hassle! After I had completed training the plant, I guess she had just kept branching little branchess higher up. So, the tops of the colas were good, but the rest of the branch was unripe larf. The back half of the plant, I only harvested the ripe portion of the colas. I'll let the bottom half grow a bit more. 

Cannabis Grow IMG 9342
Cannabis Grow IMG 9341 (1)

Some of the colas look quite nice in a bouquet!

Cannabis Grow IMG 9344

And some on a tray.

Cannabis Grow IMG 9362

The trichomes on the larger plant still need a bit longer. No amber yet, and even some clear resin heads!

Cannabis Grow IMG 9355

I think I will do a progressive harvest on this plant too. I have now definitely explored the upper limit of training for lots of little colas—too many! I suspect that even with the progressive harvest, my yield is going to suffer a bit. I'm sure I'll have plenty, but the ratio of larf to good bud is higher than I would like. But that's what my new hash washer and bags are for!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/17/2020 6:07 pm JohnEMad, Chefomj, Tropa and 1 people liked
+ Show 2 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
berkshirebud
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

After a couple of more cool nights, the upper flowers on the right-hand plant were looking quite lovely!

Cannabis Grow IMG 9370
Cannabis Grow IMG 9373

Cannabis Grow IMG 9367
Cannabis Grow IMG 9369

Cannabis Grow IMG 9375
Cannabis Grow IMG 9368
Cannabis Grow IMG 9376

So, I started harvesting the tops over a couple of days and did a wet trim. 

Cannabis Grow IMG 9383

Cannabis Grow IMG 9371
Cannabis Grow IMG 9396

By day 71 of flower, I had harvested, dried, and jarred a total of 282 grams of good-to-excellent quality buds that had been cured to 62% RH, not including a bunch of larf that I didn't weigh and tossed in with the trim for making hash. That is already closing in on my first grow under this light, and I still have the lowers to harvest! Not bad for a couple of auto-flowers.

I lowered the light to 45-cm above the new lower canopy, and they have been growing on a diet of light, water, and cool nights since then. I should have room on the drying lines in the next day or two and can harvest the remainder of the lower flowers.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/25/2020 1:00 pm CrackBabies and Tropa liked
berkshirebud
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

Cleared room on the drying lines so it is time for the final chop. There are a few nice buds.

Cannabis Grow IMG 9462
Cannabis Grow IMG 9469
Cannabis Grow IMG 9461

There were only a few buds worth trimming and drying, 

Cannabis Grow IMG 9475

I put the rest of the buds and trim in a bag to freeze for ice-water sieving. I just realized I don't have a picture of the giant bag, but it was about 3 gallons.

I turned off the lights and fans and auto-fertigation. Tomorrow I will clean out the tent.

Cannabis Grow IMG 9471

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/26/2020 4:47 pm Chefomj, JohnEMad and CrackBabies liked
berkshirebud
Proven Grower
Completed Grows
Total Days: 120
Flower Days: 76
Harvested: 12/26/2020

Oops, forgot to check the harvested box!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/26/2020 4:54 pm
berkshirebud
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

Oops, forgot to check the harvested box!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/26/2020 4:54 pm
berkshirebud
Proven Grower
Completed Grows
Best yield ever, despite the larf!

I found some jars from my Misfits grow that I wasn't sure whether or not I had weighed, so to make sure I wasn't double-counting or missing any, I took every one of the jars for both that grow and this grow and weighed by taring an empty jar and emptying the contents into it. It was easy with wide mouth jars, but a bit of a challenge with the regular mouth jars as the bigger buds kept getting stuck! It smelled heavenly though while I transferred them.

So, the final totals were:

• Several gallons of larf that I didn't even trim or weigh, just stripped off the branches with the sugar leaves and froze.
  • Another gallon of sugar leaves that I wet-trimmed from the buds and dried.
  • About a pint of shake that I didn't weigh. I usually don't get any shake, but I harvested some of this when it was too dry, so got shake when pulling the stems out of the trimmed buds. Looks good enough to vape.
  • 7 quart jars and one pint jar of excellent, good, and fair White Widow buds weighing a total of 364 grams

The Mars SP250 has a usable PPF of 423 µmol/s, so that's 0.86 g/µmol, despite training too many branches for the space and getting all that larf. That's my best grow so far, and beats my Misfits grow by 0.02 g /µmol.

Thanks everyone. That was quite the grow. See you over in NYGC!

Cannabis Grow IMG 9581
Cannabis Grow IMG 9582

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/02/2021 1:28 pm JohnEMad and Chefomj liked
Page 3 / 3 Prev