Forum

[Solved] Washing coco coir

JJ7747
  JJ7747
Cannabis Fan
My Current Grows

Hello, I am new to using coco coir, and I am not sure if i washed it enough.

I wasnt aware of washing it till 2 weeks into my new grow.

I am on week 3 as of Friday, and all the plants look different. some great, the others ok and so so?

2 are turning yellow, I upped the cali mag from 3ml per gal to 7ml per gal.

2 are ok, but two of the other 6 look great. 

My question is, did I not was the Coir good enough?

if that's the case would flushing them good be a good idea to do considering I change to a new week feed ratio tomorrow. 

any and all tips or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You All.

JJ

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/31/2023 3:44 pm
GreenGoods
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Maybe flush them, but there’s a ton of salt in uncleared coco, metals and a bunch of nasty stuff,

possibly transplant into cleaned coco? What brand coco bricks and did u rinse them at all or anything 

my coco story: 

So originally I thought Amazon coco bricks were a great idea, because the premixed and pre cleaned 2cu ft bags cost 2x on Amazon - than the local hydro stores. I spent the same amount of money on Amazon for 24 coco bricks and a big bag of perlite ($120) for 10 x 5 gallon grow bags but have enough left to fill at least 4 more 5 gallon grow bags.. buying locally at the hydro supply “grow store” four 1.76 cu ft. bags of royal gold tupor and 1 bag of cleaned cococoir fibers - 9 cubic ft total - of clean nuetral ph ready to use and didn’t have to clean anything or do any extra BS.. so check locally for supplies of fox farms 70/30 or royal gold 50/50 , or Mother Earth coco 70/30, it’s so much easier no waiting for the coco to dry out or having to mess with it 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2023 8:45 am JJ7747 liked
+ Show 2 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
learnbrands
Cannabis Fan

Coco coir can sometimes contain salts and other residues that may affect the nutrient balance for your plants. Here are some steps for you situation:

-Flush the Coco Coir

-Check pH Levels

-Monitor Nutrient Levels

-Adjust Cal-Mag Levels

-Check for Other Issues

-Inspect Roots

-Gradual Changes

-Consider Microbial Supplements

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/22/2023 4:33 am