Forum

Stuff for organic grow

Todd_B
  Todd_B
Cannabis Fan

Hi everyone, I’m a first time grower, but already amateur gardener (been doing my backyard for a couple years).
So, I’d like to go natural growing using organic composting. I know it takes quite a lot time and requiers extra attention, but since I work from home (till the end of this goddamn year), I guess I can pay the needed attention to my plant.
The question is mostly about compost, cause I’ve never worked with it before.
I’ve been reeding some articles about growing natural, asked a few friend about the experience. My buddy told me, that it’s easier to use a compost tumbler. And I dont know which one to choose. Should I buy it at all? I’m not quite shure, I’ll need it later if my little experinet fails (hope it wont)
I’m choosing between these model . Any opinions?

The next thing is - do I need a small greenhouse? (for outdoor growing) I’m kinda afraid of the weather changes.
Also, if you have any recomendations on additional stuff to ease the growing process, you are welcome to reply.

sorry, if I sound stupid or whatsoever, I’m just tryin’ to avoid some beginners mistakes

cheers everyone and thanks in advance

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/19/2020 11:15 pm Chefomj and Rosettastoned liked
BlackToothGrin
Cannabis Fan

Hello, Let me start by saying if there is one thing I have learned in my years of cultivation, its that the community as a whole is very helpful and always very generous with knowledge, so please dont be afraid to ask any question no matter how silly it may seem to you, we have all been there before;). With that being said, are you looking to use compost from here on out or just for your experiment? That would have alot to do with buying a tumbler or not. If you just want a one time use you can buy good organic compost at your local home depot or lowes. I grow in soil and my best friend in the garden is worm castings. "I put that shit on everything" lol. Hopethis helps Good Growing! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/22/2020 9:29 am Chefomj and Rosettastoned liked
brentelius
Cannabis Fan

Hey Todd,

Many cities nowadays have some kind of food waste composting service, I'd check your area and see what's available. Commercial mushroom production and zoos also commonly provide their waste to commercial composting services who then sell their end product, after it undergoes the required heating and mixing cycles. Likewise, vermicast producers may also be processing waste streams local to you. If you want to compost yourself, a tumbler is not entirely necessary, if you have a little space. I've done small scale composting in piles and large scale composting in windrows. Rodale publishes a lot of material about composting, and I recommend reading the Rodale Book of Composting if you are new. Check out some of the water only soils and note the ingredients, go and research each ingredient and it's purpose in the soil. downtoearthfertilizer.com sells just about any amendment you could want and their site is very informative, and they include application rates for each. As for the greenhouse, that's very dependent on your location and whether or not you want/need season extension.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/18/2020 5:52 pm Chefomj and Rosettastoned liked