Forum

Mother Earth Coco/Perlite mixed with Fox Farm Ocean Forest

Kumba
  Kumba
Cannabis Fan

Hi all,

I am new to coco and was worried about watering so much in straight coco so I mixed 50/50 with ocean forest soil, girls have been in the mixture 1.5 weeks have 2 nodes and are looking good. My question is nutes, right now I am feeding every other watering which is every 2 days with Technaflora Recipe for success at 1/4 strength. Too much or too little?

Any guidance with soil coco mix 50/50 would be appreciated.

Have always been a soil grower before.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/17/2020 10:09 am
Chefomj
  Chefomj
Member Moderator
Expert Grower
Completed Grows

I use coco coir in some of my soil mixes but I don't use bottled fertilizers. As for strength of solution, it's best to go by ec/ppm. We couldn't tell you if it's too strong unless you give the ec/ ppm of the solution. That being said, using the ec/ppm of run off will help quantify the amount and strength you should be fertigating with. Make sure you read some of the articles about mixing nutes and recommended ec for your stage of growth. The same principle will apply.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/22/2020 7:52 am
Narsbars
Practicing Grower

Follow this topic. Currently trying to use 50/50 Fox Farms Ocean Forest and Perlite.

Not much luck, everything is stunted but there are so many possible causes at this time I can't pin it on anything. I will follow this thread specifically for the recommendations on nutes.

Update: The bulk of my problems were bad humidity control and I believe I have gotten two batches of auto and photo from one supplier that I will no longer do business with. Ever since I smoked bag weed and went to live Hendrix concerts seeds have been large and firm, these batches have almost all been tiny with even tinier ones with far too many floaters.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/18/2021 7:06 am