PTGC Misfits: The one where they got topped and bent
Took clones from my Wedding cake, White Widow (last run for this lady) and Widows Breath.
Plants are now vegging in my indoor SIPs’, I finally caught a clue and started to figure out better control of my grow environment.
Heat set to 82f
Humidity is hovering around the 70 mark currently
Fresh air intake is cycling every 15 minutes or so and the supply air is around the 19c mark at 48% humidity.
I was blasting the clones with WAY to much light and low humidity and stressed them out considerably. Now that I have a better understanding of how to colour in the lines (environment controls) the plants seemed to recover (for the most part)
I have cleaned up the bottoms once so far and Low stress trained the wedding cake and plan on topping and taking clones tonight or tomorrow, once I got the tent dialed in better she went absolutely ballistic and is threatening to over run the tent. 😳
The white widow I also cleaned up and LST’d but her stem was a bit brittle and I split her down the middle, I applied med tape and wrapped her trunk together tightly with plant ties. She seems to have healed and is doing quite well. I’ve had enough of her finicky nature though and this will be her last run with me.
The windows breath seems to have struggled with the initial screw up and is taking her time with recovery, I’m slightly disappointed as last run she was a super hero and nothing put a dent in her. 🤷♂️ live and learn. I’ve stretched her out a bit with plant ties in an attempt to get her to brush out a bit.
This run I have higher hopes for and am excited to see what shakes out!
Spread out the White Widow with some ties, trying to fight back the growth from the wedding cake lol
Took some clones from the wedding cake, knocked out some lower growth and spread her out a bit more.
The windows breath seems pissed off still so I raised the lights a bit to ease off on her and didn’t touch her anymore 😩
The wedding cake and white widow stretched pretty good
the Windows Breath not so much
My stupidity has stunted them significantly and it’s fairly obvious now that I’m not going to have that great of a yield from them. Tonight I hand watered them some malted barley tea and raised the lights to get the canopy to about 850ppfd (ish)
My life was super busy over October as well. I have only watered these 3 times with about 2.5Gal of water and a few top waterings of KNF inputs. The SIPS are the only reason I haven’t fully dropped the ball on this session.
About 7 days ago (Sunday) I scooped them with the loupe and was pretty satisfied with the amount of amber I was seeing on all 4 plants, decided to flip the lights back to 18/6 to bulk them up a bit. Raised the lights up about a foot off of where the lights were.
Thursday evening I checked them again was overall satisfied and killed the lights and turned the intake fan on manually.
Opened the tent this morning and the fade was magnificent, the smell was intense. Chopped all 4 plants and put them in my drying tent in my spare room that I’ve managed to stabilize at 60hum/60F. I have a small fan in the bottom of the tent and a booster fan sucking the air out every 30min across a carbon filter to assist with the smell.
I’ll update once I trim and jar in about 10- 14 days.