Forum

SAFC Solar Systems: ChemP Auto (Chem D x Pluto - Ethos)

teewhy
  teewhy
Esteemed Member Group Leader
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

Reserving this post as the very first in this sub-forum which I'll be running as your group leader (Solar Systems) for the SAFC 2021 challenge! Let's grow together for those of you planning on entering this challenge using a 4x4 tent/space!

I've opted to run 5x ChemP Autos (Chem D x Pluto from Ethos genetics) myself in my 4x4 tent running a Photontek 600W LED fixture (likely dimmed to 85% max or so; too much light is a nice problem to have, eh?!?) 

I'll update this post will pics and further details on the start of my grow as we get closer to the April 20'th start date. Hope to see as many of you within the community as possible joining me; I promise I'll contribute as much time as possible helping anyone I can (exclusive access for those in my group!!!! haha)

-Teewhy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/08/2021 8:33 pm CodFishJoe, Dhfreak, eg18kgold and 5 people liked
+ Show 3 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal

***UPDATE***

I can't even begin to describe how excited I am for the early growth of participants within the sub-group (GOOOOOO SOLAR SYSTEMS!!!!) so far.

That being said, I finally got my 4x4 scrubbed/cleaned and ready to go for the challenge. This evening I dropped 6x ChemP Autos into a shot-glass of water, soaking for the next 12h. I'm leaving for wine country (Paso Robles) in the morning for the evening so I'll be dropping these soaked seeds into the old paper towel + Tupperware before I leave in the AM.

Looking forward to tracking everyone's progress in the group. Growers love ya'll!!!!!! <3

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/17/2021 1:40 am Dhfreak and FurrySparkle liked

Update: 04/19/21

All 6x seeds have successfully germinated and been transferred into Jiffy Pots & into the "seedling station" until the cotyledon's open and they get transplanted into 1L air-pots.

Nothing super exciting picture-wise, however, I've attached where things currently stand 🙂

Cannabis Grow unnamed (23)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/19/2021 8:47 pm Dhfreak, FurrySparkle and Knah liked
+ Show 3 comments
teewhy
  teewhy
Esteemed Member Group Leader
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

Update: 04/25/21

Current EC & pH: 550 / 5.95-6.0

Quick update on the Chem P for you guys here. I've gone ahead and transplanted the Jiffy's into my 1L air-pots this afternoon (coco was sterilized & double buffered, of course!) and put them into their new home in the 4x4 tent running my Photontek 600W @ 50% (LED fixture is pretty high) 

Installed a couple of new OPOLAR fans to replace my old ones as well which I really enjoy in all of my other tents - quality fans overall with variable speed, battery backup, and a tight clip that securely fastens to my tent poles.

As of right now, I'm hand watering these babies 2x per day until I get my EC up to my max target EC throughout the grow - I'll then connect the 20-gallon reservoir and begin auto-fertigation using my FloraFlex hybrid setup.

Light schedule is fixed @ 20/4 and I intend to stick with that schedule for the remainder of the grow 🙂

That's all for now; thanks for stopping by & of course, some pics for your viewing pleasure!!!

Cannabis Grow unnamed (24)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/25/2021 6:18 pm FurrySparkle, CodFishJoe, Dhfreak and 1 people liked

Update: 05/03/21

Current EC & pH: 950EC / 5.95-6.0pH

Much overdue update for everyone on my Chem P autos here. Things are definitely starting to take off, finally! Seeing some great growth overall and I'm not far off from transplanting into some 1-gallon air-pots. 

Still feeding twice per day manually for now. I think once I get the EC up to around 1.3-1.4 I'll go ahead and switch over to the auto-irrigation and bump up to 3x fertigation events per day.

I'm due for another bi-weekly organic brew so I'll be mixing that up and top feeding that into all 5x ladies any day now as well.

That's about all there is report at the moment; LED is still fixed and running @ 75%, things are looking good and I can't wait to see these ladies grow!!! 🙂

Few updated pics for your viewing pleasure, of course;

Cannabis Grow 6504A7EB 6831 4FF1 831B E15E3B017FA2
Cannabis Grow 9277FAC3 7645 4F96 A3CA 0372136CDB1B

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/03/2021 11:09 pm Kovalev27 and FurrySparkle liked

Update: 05/11/21

Current EC & pH: 1150EC / 5.8-5.98pH

I went ahead and transplanted all six ladies from the tiny 1L air-pots to some more suitable 1-gallon air-pots yesterday. The transplant went super smooth as per usual w/ the air-pots (one of my fav features of them!) and the ladies don't appear to have any stress as a result at all.

I've been slowly bumping up the EC to my current target of 1150 and plan to continue to work towards the 1.3-1.4 EC range for this strain.

Watering by hand twice a day still and looking forward to getting this setup on the auto-irrigation setup ASAP, lol!

Few updated pics for your viewing pleasure, of course;

Cannabis Grow 8C9D8B5D 746D 4579 8795 77A18547E2D0
Cannabis Grow 5CD1B1E0 F51E 4462 A4BA EF87CD10DB2F

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/11/2021 1:38 am

Update: 05/13/21

Current EC & pH: 1225 / 5.89-5.96

Just a quick update that I'm excited to share with the group; I've topped all 5 ladies this evening! Topped at the 6'th node down to the 5'th and left a "nub" - meaning I cut as close below the 6'th node as possible leaving a "nub" above the 5'th node. This helps prevent any potential splitting of the main stalk, etc.

I'll edit the post and include some pictures for you, however, I wanted to get the update in the books ASAP as this is all very new to me in terms of growing autos (go figure!) as I'm an old school photoperiod fan generally speaking; I've got faith between the stress-free transplanting thanks to the air-pots as well as the topping will prove very rewarding!

Growers lover!

-Teewhy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/13/2021 1:54 am FurrySparkle, Knah and CracketBit liked

Update: 05/23/21

Current EC & pH: 1.3-1.32 & 5.9-6.0

So I finally got some time to transplant the ladies into their finals pots (#3 air-pots) this evening. definitely should have done it a week or so ago, however, I've been crazy busy! Anyhow, the roots look great and the transplant was successful. I'm going to get the auto-irrigation hooked up this week and get the 20-gallon reservoir filled up and setup, etc.

Ladies are looking pretty good considering I haven't been giving them as much love as they normally would be given life being so chaotic lately. That being said, I'm happy with the growth and health of the plants overall. I'm starting to see some pre-flowering on all 5 ladies as well.

Some pics for your viewing pleasure! 🙂

Cannabis Grow C284F906 9772 4A64 824B 63C438D97949
Cannabis Grow 62CD1DAA D65C 4C65 A61C 08DCA82B57DC
Cannabis Grow F229F451 2C4A 4865 A3FF 3C260E29281D

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/24/2021 12:02 am Knah, Kovalev27 and OldWoman liked
+ Show 1 comments

Update: 06/08/21

Current EC & pH: 1.4-1.52 & 5.9-6.1

Much overdue for an update here, my apologies! The ladies aren't doing too bad considering I've been lazy and haven't hooked them up to my auto-irrigation system yet & still hand watering, lol. That being said, I could have done much, much better overall. I'll spend some time this weekend on the setup and try to dedicate some more time to the tent and such.

Not much to report here; final pots, few weeks into flowering and looking decent all things considered! Attached a few pics for your viewing pleasure as always 🙂

Growers love...

Cannabis Grow BCE94523 734E 496B B574 571E67EE37C3
Cannabis Grow C71A2167 8212 49B4 AEDF A3E51ED146F7

-Teewhy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/08/2021 3:03 am OldWoman and Knah liked

Update: 06/12/2021

Current EC & pH: 1.4-1.52 & 5.9-6.1

Sad news to report with regard to this grow; I went out of town on business for a couple of days and despite topping off the reservoir, all was lost when the pump decided to fail on me. The ladies sadly weren't fed for 2 - 2 1/2 days or so and they suffered in a big way. I came home to them looking severely under-watered and nearly lifeless. I immediately watered to 15-20% runoff and tested my outflow EC which as expected was much higher than expected - which led to me to flush until my outflow EC was within +/- 200-300 of my inflow EC. 

The ladies perked up and had new life within a matter of hours (amazing resilience these plants have, eh?) but sadly they suffered big time. While they survived, they've got some big time deficiencies and battling through some lock-out issues, etc...

We'll see if they can be salvaged; more to come soon!

-Teewhy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/12/2021 7:39 am OldWoman liked
+ Show 1 comments

Current status of the poor ladies. While they look far from OK, I wish I'd have taken a picture of them when I got home and initially opened the tent. Literally, all I saw were small colas with dead/wilted leaves - they looked lifeless. The fact I was able to nurture them back to this state is a feat in it of itself, lol...

Overall the process to get to this point went as followed; immediately upon seeing the damage, I watered until 15-20% runoff. I then collected and tested that run-off water which was as expected, far beyond my inflow EC (run-off measured 2.8 EC - inflow EC was @ 1.4-1.6) and flushed until my outflow was within 200-300 of my inflow. Fed some Recharge the following day via top feeding and continued to feed 2-3x per day as normal.

I'm optimistic I'll at least get through to harvest, albeit likely at the expense of both yield and quality. Live and learn, right? Always test your equipment and make sure you're keeping up with regular maintenance, etc. Even then, you're bound to run into good old Murphy's Law from time to time! Hah.

Pics for your...not so viewing pleasure?

Cannabis Grow E754CF67 4830 4D63 91CC 3FCA3B0D1613

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/13/2021 1:29 am CodFishJoe, Knah, ThekidGrows and 1 people liked
+ Show 2 comments

Update: 06/27/21

Growmies, I've got some unfortunate news to report with regard to this particular grow; I went ahead and made the hard decision to terminate the grow. Ultimately the potential quality with the harvest wasn't up to my standards and I pulled the plug.

That being said, I did enjoy a very successful harvest in both my 5x5 & 3x3 tents so it wasn't a total loss this run. Regardless, I'll be following everyones journals with anticipation and look forward to seeing everyone's success!

Growers love!

Teewhy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/27/2021 2:39 am OCGrower76, OldWoman and Knah liked
+ Show 2 comments