Forum

NYGC Soil-Peat: The Need to Breed for Speed

So where I'm located up in Canada on the prairies we have a very short summer, and the weather changes at the drop of a hat.  My goal with this grow is to breed some autoflowers that I can work for myself this summer in my greenhouses and out in our actual fields that suits our climate and location.  

4x4 Grow tent.  

Controls are my NIWA.  

I'll be growing in a soil mix much along the coots mix.

Growing under a spider farmer SF4000 

Pots sizes vary from 2 gallon, to 5 gallon.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/31/2022 9:07 pm LSLarf and HappyCultivator liked
+ Show 5 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal

So this grow started off rough, my new puppy decided to break into where the tent was.  Chewed through the vent on the side of the tent, knocked all the pots over and emptied soil out.  Ripped apart plug ends on my fan and other devices, as well as shredded parts of tent lining.

I’ve since secured the tent behind pet fencing and restarted as best as I could.  I’ve got one male and 4 different females but all were stunted from the damage I suspect.  I’ll post some photos of the plants tonight to accompany this post.

Calyx’s have started to swell and it appears as if I am going to have some seeds to play with and further breed so not all was lost.

Disheartening non the less but onwards and upwards!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/27/2023 8:50 am

So this grow started off rough, my new puppy decided to break into where the tent was.  Chewed through the vent on the side of the tent, knocked all the pots over and emptied soil out.  Ripped apart plug ends on my fan and other devices, as well as shredded parts of tent lining.

I’ve since secured the tent behind pet fencing and restarted as best as I could.  I’ve got one male and 4 different females but all were stunted from the damage I suspect.  I’ll post some photos of the plants tonight to accompany this post.

Calyx’s have started to swell and it appears as if I am going to have some seeds to play with and further breed so not all was lost.

Disheartening non the less but onwards and upwards!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/27/2023 8:50 am

So the critical thors hammer,jack, and sour D are the ones that survived.  

Cannabis Grow 50F625FA F450 4D83 B9D5 32B756B16AC1
Cannabis Grow B387B050 DBBF 4A3F 8F20 DD9ADEFBA6ED
Cannabis Grow 03DE999D 139E 42EE 8E88 975C1CB9FBE5
Cannabis Grow 108AC5EE 85F5 47DC A52C CE01F04133C9
Cannabis Grow E1D01EAF 2836 443B 84E8 A07425018144

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/27/2023 8:21 pm HappyCultivator liked
+ Show 1 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal