SAFC Small Grow Tents: Tall & Skinny vs Short & Stout
Up now is up and down is down my ph is working the way I expect it too my res is no longer hypoxic dose the res and the ph is stable, trends up instead of down. I am happy that I can do this thru my phone. I might be early to the party but this is the future. I am working on the future now, trying to make it cheap for the massses.
Well just got home from the road. Surprise surprise.
Grow is on, one big one short…. Both bushy, coming to the mid flower 🌹 phase.
Well the PH bug is back, damnit. PH is again crashing on me, I don't know why this happens but it does. In the mixing lines on my mixing system the PH acts correctly it will slowly rise over time. However in the res the opposite happens, I recalibrated the PH sensors and they both line up, so I am tossing that out the window right now. I know I am getting adaquate airation because I did add a venturi to the recirc line to suck oxygen into the water (free bubbler but better). I can see my leafs are showing cal/mag difficencies. So I know the PH is low, just by reading the plants. I guess I will try a flush tomrrow and see if that fixes it like the last time. I wonder what is going on I think it is either some sort of contamination or buildup in the res or recirc system. The system is drain to waste so it's not the plants causing this. This is the fun of remote control growing. I will get home next week, and be home long enough to investigate the cause. I guess it is time now to also re-calibrate the dosing pumps. However my EC is working like I expect, so I don't think the dosing pumps are malfunctioning. The PH down cycle slowly adds acid until it reaches the target PH, then it stops dosing the PH down and recirculates it for 20 minutes then checks again to see if the PH is below the target. If it is within range it will transfer it to the resivor.
Strange strange strange... Anyone out there with any ideas?
Okay I was asked to produce a video of the harvest, going down. Here is the video of me harvesting the plants on 7/16/2023. Like the plants the video was too big to fit on the CFC forums, so I posted it on Youtube, and will provide a link.
Okay weigh in for the harvest was 15.4 oz almost a lb out of a 2x4 the flowers were a bit dry, nobody was to service the sponges and humidifiers during the dry vacations happen. The magnum is fire, and the Acapulco is fire but both are dry. The terps on the Acapulco is light but she is potent with a head high that is uplifting. The magnum has a nice body of terps, with a couch lock high. Both needed another week or two in my opinion but my auto grow was giving me issues at the end. The issues was my dosing tank selection. My ArmorSi acted up (and the active ingredient bonded to my acrylic tank) it was my ph up buffer. I lost that in week 2 of flower. I had no ph up only thing I could do is cycle the tanks and try to keep the system ahead by making a new batch before the ph fell out from me. Also making a batch every day was showing the bugs in my design. Keep in mind it takes a group of individuals months to develop and debug a dosing system. I developed mine in a week. Long story short is about every 3 batches my doser would quit in the middle of making a batch. Now that I have a week at home and don’t have to make doses I can fix the problem. I have seen the doser now overcome the issue it was experiencing. I had to re write a lot of the software but v1 always sucks. V2 is way better but v3 is the cream of the crop. I don’t make excuses I am very happy with the performance of the system. It did perform, but I feel that it didn’t quite hit the mark. I can’t wait to see what the Amy aces does in version V2 of this system. I know that I fixed my major bug, the mixing cycle is now immutable unless you turn off power during a mix and I have a large ups to keep power on. Next grow has already started Amy Aces the proof is in the pudding. We shall see if the bugs are fixed.