SAFC Seedsman: Pink Kush CBD 30:1 Auto Greenhouse Grow
After a very successful first grow using coco, I will be switching it up a little for the Spring Auto Flower Challenge. I will be growing 2 Pink Kush CBD 30:1 Auto's outdoors in a greenhouse using SoHum living soil. I will also install my MarsHydro TS1000 in the greenhouse for supplemental lighting as my yard has a LOT of trees that shade the majority of the yard in the afternoon. This is my first auto flower grow, first outdoor grow and my first time using living soil (any type of soil for that matter). I am looking forward to all the challenges/lessons this will entail. Where I live gets extremely hot during the summer months so keeping the temperature down is something that I will most likely have to work on. I look forward to growing with everybody involved and being part of Team Seedsman. Let's do this @MichelangeloGrows! T-minus 9 days to germination 🙂
I’m growing that right now indoors and have discovered that she is much more sensitive to lower PH as she has had serious taco leaf next to my other perfect plants and I just discovered that my Apera PH pen hasn’t helped by it reading .3 higher than actual results. FYI, if you see the taco, it’s likely not light, it’s likely not too much wind, it’s likely not too much heat, it’s likely just sad at even middle of the range PH and she prefers a touch higher. I’m on day 56 today with mine and am hoping for a big comeback! (Pic 4&5 out of 5) https://www.instagram.com/p/B_BNGDLJm6F/?igshid=12jiog5gva9e8
4/20 - Checked on my seeds after 11 hours of soaking and they had sunk to the bottom of the glass. I transferred them to wet paper towels and put them in a Pyrex container at 5pm. I don’t have a seedling heating mat but luckily it looks like the temperature should be in the high 70’s/mid 80’s for the next few days.
4/22 - Both of my seeds have successfully germinated and both have roughly 1/2 inch radicles. I transferred them into Jiffy Pellets and placed them under my MarsHydro TS1000 in their humidity dome this morning at 7:30am. I will be putting them out in the greenhouse in the next few days. Night time lows are currently in the high 50's/low 60's, so I will probably be putting a heater in the greenhouse with a thermostat set to around 68f.
4/25 - I am very happy to see that the seedling I thought was damping off is now doing great. I’m guessing when I checked on it yesterday, it had just emerged which is why it was bent over and slightly yellow. I have lowered the light to 24” as there is some slight stretching going on. I will be transplanting them to fabric seedlings bags a little later today.
5/1 - After doing some work on the roof of my house I had the idea of putting my plants on top of my covered porch as they would receive full sun all day. This may be changing from a greenhouse grow to a rooftop grow. I put the girls on the roof today at 12:30pm to get their first taste of life outdoors. I'm planning on leaving them out there for 4-5 hours. I noticed yesterday that the new growth has a little clawing. I'm not too worried about it and I'm sure it will be fine.
5/3 - The girls are back in the closet for the night after a long day in the sun. Honestly, they’re not looking great. Got some pretty bad wilting and curling going on. I would be surprised if it is overwatering as they have been drying out in between watering. This is my first time using soil so I thought there would be some watering issues.
5/6 - Transplanted the girls into their final containers today. I usually do a three-stage transplanting strategy but decided to go from the seedling bag straight to the final pot as I am using soil and the final container is only 5 gallons. The girls spent their first night in the greenhouse last night and seemed pretty happy this morning. I have decided against the rooftop grow and I am going with the greenhouse as originally planned. They will stay in the greenhouse from now on and spend no more time in the closet.