SAFC Misfits: Ghost OG

Page 1 / 2 Next
BitterEnvy
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows

Hi everyone! Excited to join all of you in my first SAFC! This will be my first time trying an autoflower. I will be growing one Ghost OG by Crossbone Genetics. I won these seeds from Coco For Cannabis. Special thanks to Jordan J and Crossbone Genetics for making sure I got them! 

I soaked the seed for 10 hours in a shot glass and transferred to a peat pod. Then I will be transferring to its final container once sprouted, which will be a 3 gallon fabric pot with a blend of pro-mix peat moss and some reused soil, earthworm castings, compost and some dry amendments. I will be running this in a homemade wood cabinet. The dimensions are 26”W x 35”L x 32”H. I will be using a SpiderFarmer SF-1000 (100 watt) light and two usb fans. 

This is my only grow space and I already have three other photoperiods starting their flower cycle. Not sure how starting it under 12-12 will affect it but may end up helping with keeping it small for my space!

Cannabis Grow EB418FB3 EB8F 420A 929C 3B6B6CA8C612

Good luck everyone!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/20/2023 12:35 pm LSLarf, briguycny, Soil Sheppard and 3 people liked
+ Show 2 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal

The Ghost OG popped the peat pod on April  24th. About three and half days since it first touched water. Today I transplanted into its final home in a 3 gallon fabric pot. I put in the bottom of the pot roughly 2 gallons of pro-mix amended with 2 tbl of Gaia Green 4-4-4, 1 tbl bloodmeal, 1 tbl of bonemeal, 1/2 tbl of epsom salt and 2 cups of worm castings. I then scooped a 1/2 gallon cavity and filled with plain pro-mix and planted the peat pod in centre. Leaving room to top dress in roughly 3-4 weeks. Finally I topped it with hydroton to act as a mulch layer and discourage pests. 

Cannabis Grow IMG 6630

Cannabis Grow IMG 6633

Cannabis Grow IMG 6631

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/26/2023 3:10 pm LSLarf, Soil Sheppard, DEEBOOF and 1 people liked

Well one week in on the Ghost OG. She seems to be adjusting ok to the 3 gallon pot. Not much to report. Gave her a little bit of water  this morning

Cannabis Grow IMG 6645

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/01/2023 9:56 am Soil Sheppard, DEEBOOF, Kronic and 3 people liked

Another small update. Finally starting to pick up a little speed now. I think the roots have finally broken through the peat pod and found the amended soil at the bottom of the pot. Hoping to catch up to all you other guys! Your grows all look great 💚

Cannabis Grow IMG 6686

Cannabis Grow IMG 6684

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/08/2023 2:06 pm Soil Sheppard, DEEBOOF, Kronic and 2 people liked

Well wrapping up week 3 today since the Ghost OG broke soil. She seems to be doing ok so far. I watered with a little compost tea made from the outdoor compost pile and a little bit of native soil. Stuffed into a sock and used an air stone to aerate for 24 hours. Trying to introduce some native biology to her. Everyone’s grow is looking great!

Cannabis Grow IMG 6735

Cannabis Grow IMG 6736

Cannabis Grow IMG 6737

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/15/2023 2:21 pm Soil Sheppard, DEEBOOF, PuffyD and 1 people liked
+ Show 4 comments

Finishing up week 4 of the Ghost OG since it sprouted. I topped it down to the third node four days ago. No signs of stress so far. Going to aim for six even main colas.

I’ve been taking her out of the enclosure before lights off nightly and putting her under a small led strip. This has been keeping her on 18 hours of light since it sprouted. I was hoping to see it start to flower under 18 hours of light but I’m worried it will grow too big for my cabinet so I’m starting 12 on 12 off tonight.

This is my first auto grow. I have a question if anyone can answer. How long should I have to wait on average for an auto to start to show pre flowers? Should it be starting to flower already? Thanks in advance!

Cannabis Grow IMG 6770

Cannabis Grow IMG 6769

Cannabis Grow IMG 6768

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/22/2023 3:08 pm Soil Sheppard, Jeffm904, E&E818 and 3 people liked
+ Show 5 comments

Well end of week 5 is here. Did a little bit of low stress training over the last week to even out the tops. Pretty slow going but I do have my very first pistils showing now. Guess I was just impatient. In my mind autos always seem like they should be so fast compared to photos. Guess some are quicker than others. Everyone’s grows are looking really great!

Cannabis Grow IMG 6806

Cannabis Grow IMG 6812

Cannabis Grow IMG 6814

Cannabis Grow IMG 6811

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/29/2023 4:44 pm Soil Sheppard, LSLarf, DEEBOOF and 1 people liked

End of week six since she broke soil. Starting to stretch a little now. Did a little light defoliation and tied down the branches again. Snapped one as I was doing so but it wasn’t a clean break thankfully. Wrapped a twist tie around the break and she closed the wound quickly. 

Cannabis Grow IMG 6884

Cannabis Grow IMG 6885

Cannabis Grow IMG 6883

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2023 12:31 pm Soil Sheppard and PuffyD liked

Well not much to report here, other than it seems to be very slow going. Could be that I’m keeping her in with my other plants that are on 12/12. I know most people recommend that autos be run on 18/6 or even 24/0 at the top end. She definitely did some stretching since last update. I did a major defoliation yesterday. Guess we’ll see how she bounces back from that. Watered with a compost tea again today ans well.  Everyone’s grows are still looking great!

Cannabis Grow IMG 6962

Cannabis Grow IMG 6961

Cannabis Grow IMG 6960

Cannabis Grow IMG 6959

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/12/2023 5:57 pm Soil Sheppard and PuffyD liked
+ Show 2 comments

Well another week in the books. Thinking she’s about 3 weeks into flower now. She really stretched out and is quickly outgrowing my space. Might have to bend some colas down next week when I harvest the last two of my other plants

Cannabis Grow IMG 7056

Cannabis Grow IMG 7058

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/19/2023 2:17 pm Soil Sheppard, homegrownjoe and PuffyD liked
BitterEnvy
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows
Misfits
Day: 68
Flower Day: 22
Day: 68
Flower Day: 22

I think I picked the correct category…Misfits. This grow hasn’t gone exactly as planned. Working with limited space and putting her in with photoperiods already on 12/12 really set her back I think. Tomorrow will be one week since I’ve decided to pull her from the cabinet and let her breathe in the great outdoors. She took the transition like a champ. I did some drastic bends to open her up and tied them down as it was very windy the day I super cropped her. One bonus of having her outside is being able to see her pink pistls. This is only the second plant I’ve grown that has had them. The first being an Afghani#1. The weather hasn’t been the best the last few days and it’s looking like a solid week of rain this week ahead. See how she does. Also hit her with some old Afghani #1 pollen that I had stored in a freezer for almost 2 years. Kinda just an experiment to see if the pollen is still viable. 

Cannabis Grow IMG 7085

Cannabis Grow IMG 7125

Cannabis Grow IMG 7124

Cannabis Grow IMG 7127

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/26/2023 2:35 pm Soil Sheppard, LSLarf, homegrownjoe and 1 people liked
BitterEnvy
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows
Misfits
Day: 75
Flower Day: 29
Day: 75
Flower Day: 29

Well things aren’t going too great 😂 I’m really screwing up my first auto grow, but learning some things along the way.

We’ve had two solid weeks of rain…Every. Single. Day. I was hoping that moving her outside would be helpful but the weather isn’t cooperating at all. Noticed some bud rot forming which isn’t unexpected due to the relentless/torrential rain.

On a positive note the 2 year old pollen is still viable. Hoping to be able to rescue a few seeds out of her if she survives a few more weeks. 

Cannabis Grow IMG 7179

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/03/2023 3:52 pm Soil Sheppard, LSLarf, PuffyD and 1 people liked
BitterEnvy
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows
Misfits
Day: 82
Flower Day: 36
Day: 82
Flower Day: 36

Well just a waiting game now. Weather improved somewhat. Actually saw the sun for 3 days in the past 3 weeks so that’s been a positive. Long range is showing 7 more days of overcast wet weather though. Hoping to keep the plant going for 2 more weeks until the seeds ripen.

Cannabis Grow IMG 7229

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/10/2023 2:59 pm Soil Sheppard, LSLarf and PuffyD liked
BitterEnvy
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows
Misfits
Day: 89
Flower Day: 43
Day: 89
Flower Day: 43

Still holding out waiting on the seeds to ripen. Weather is still terrible 😂 Other than that not much to report

Cannabis Grow IMG 7255

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/17/2023 12:23 pm Soil Sheppard and PuffyD liked
BitterEnvy
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows
Misfits
Day: 96
Flower Day: 50
Day: 96
Flower Day: 50

Same old same old. Waiting game. One more week and I think I should be able to collect seeds and put this poor girl out of her misery 🤣

Cannabis Grow IMG 7316

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/24/2023 12:59 pm Soil Sheppard and PuffyD liked
Page 1 / 2 Next