NYGC Potluck: Tiger Lilies for Flower Eaters
Hey All, just dropped 2 seeds in a shot glass. Strain is of Tiger Lily from Pride of the Lion seeds, courtesy of Heartrock Farms. It’s an auto bred by a NorCal, 2nd generation genetic preservation specialist that has got a great 🐝 !
Any salad goes great with a bit of flower in it. Never grown this cultivar, plan to move it outdoors after the last frost, near where the photo kids flip lights.
Glad to be part of the grow, and it’s my second year growing in amended soil in radicle bags. Pics to come.
After 48(ish) hours in my SF Zoo shot glass I poured the seeds into some paper towels, smooshed in-between our dinner plates. Stealth grow so wifey doesn’t find out I popped more seeds. Put them in the 2nd plate from the bottom of the stack. She usually will do dishes before we’re out of dinner plates, and she just did dishes, so I’m 7 plates away from being found out.
note on the seeds - one was tiny and white-washed. The regular-looking seed is already shooting its tail. The squirt hasn’t opened. Popped 2 regs so hoping I’m not 50/50 with one not popping. Note, if it’s a male run or I only pop one and it’s male, I will spawn the male until it fades and paint a branch from a bag-seed I just sprouted, making my journal a seed genetics experiment. If a success then everyone in Misfits gets an F1 tester pack! 🤙🏻
Nice pigtails! Tiny, white-washed seed looked great! Could see root-hairs clinging to the paper towel. Bigger bean was ready to take on the world. Mixed perlite, worm castings, steer manure, organic potting soil, and garden bed soil in a 5gal bucket, then to the fiber 5gal pot. Inculcated with recharge while soaking the soil. Added “Az” and Recharge sprinkle in a 1” finger-made hole. Covered-on and done.
Ok, so back from a Corona break and the following have happened:
- Lost a Tiger Lily, so the last Lily standing will either be a pollen skeeter on a girl to be named later or a lovely lady
- Last Lily was victim to a “low stress training” incident
- The 4 Bubblefreak cultivar seeds I referenced in my last post are all healthy solo cup runts. Thanks to Dr. Freak at Cannabis Research Co.
- One of the runts will be my one cola challenge entrant
- When Lily flowers or pops bananas and nuts I’ll flip the freaks to flower that week(ish)