NYGC Potluck: Sour Diesel Autoflower.
This is my first challenge and first documented grow. I have a few autos going now but I'm very low stress and willing to learn from my mistakes.
Well by now I had hoped to be posting hi res pics of seedlings, life has been crazy, and my Sour Diesel seed did not survive it's jiffy pellet experience. I planted two other strains at the same time in solo cups and they had taken off and the Sour D in the Jiffy pellet just sat there and turned to mush. I probably missed something. Not one to be discouraged, I have a few seeds on order and will substitute something that fits the category. Onward and upward, never give up, never surrender!
All right. One Sour Diesel and One Sweet Amnesia seedling transplanted into seedling bags and I've slowly building up EC to 700-800. Both look healthy. The only issue is somwhere along the line I mixed up the jiffy pellets. Hopefully, some of the experts can help me tell them apart later on. I'm currently researching and planning on some kind of automatic watering as my current grow is kicking my booty watering it twice a day.
Luckily, my very first grow that is finishing up was a Sour Diesel from the same source so I hope I can tell them apart at some point. If not, hopefully I can compare effects.
So today was transplant into 1 gallon fabric pots day. I threw a little Great White in for good luck, said a prayer to Willie Nelson and put them in per Dr. Coco. Same EC PH etc. I think I should have waited another day or two before transplanting but my schedule was complicated for the next couple days. They are currently 30" under a Spider Farmer 1000 at 80%. I will drop it to 24" in the next few days.
Both Plants took off, with one growing vertically quickly so I'm betting it is the Sweet Amnesia per the grow description. I have a drip system set up, just tweaking the variables. I have to go on a business trip this week so I've probably spent 10 hours and a hundred bucks trying to prevent my wife having to water twice a day for 5 minutes. I've basically been using Canna Coco A and B with some Rhizotonic, cal mag, Cannazym and a sprinkle of Great White after PHing. Currently feeding about 8 oz at a time with EC 1100-1200 PH 5.8
The culprits in question are on the right looking at their bigger sisters in envy.
Quick condensed week timeline. All is well in the tent. My preliminary foray into automated water is going better than expected. I'm wasting much less water overall. Currently watering every 6 hours for one minute at an ec of about 900-1000. Both plants have taken off. I did accidentally perform an extreme topping of the sweet amnesia when moving stuff around, and it just took off. I just transplanted from one gallon to 5 gallon pots. I'm still using canna coco nutes and will start introducing Canna Boost. Having some trouble with pics so I will upload asap.
First signs of preflower today. I'm still feeding 4 times a day at an ec of 800 and ph 5.8. I did bump a water line and got to clean up a few gallons of water that leaked so I need to tweak my setup a bit this weekend. I've started adding Cannaboost in very low doses. I hear really good things about it but the price has me trying it a few times and seeing if I notice a difference. My tent is packed to the gills due to some stubborn plants that refuse to finish.
I've added a 360 degree rotating tower fan right in the middle of the tent and that is helping but I'm struggling with humidity. Either way things are looking pretty good.
As far as the journal, somehow I can't figure out how to add a photo if I missed it during my posts. I'm a little old and slow with these computer mcthingies these days.
This Sour Diesel is my second run of this variety, and I have abused the heck out of the first one, causing it to take over 120 days to finish, so this grow I'm doing minimal training and staying out of the way to see what the mother nature can do without me messing with it. The Auto watering system is working great, and I have pumps auto draining to a holding tank outside of the tent. I plan on posting a pic of my setup, but the tent is packed to the gills and full of green. I'm still running Canna Nutes at 800-900 EC, but have added a few 30 second watering cycles to keep these girls happy. I was forced to add a dehumidifier due to a very wet winter, but I was able to justify that expense due to a poorly vented house.
Sour Diesel is starting to build some flowers so I'm hoping for a few huge Colas.
Man, the tent is crowded. My little Sour Diesel has been neglected since I have been focusing on some really needy White Widow plants. I have not been doing any training, and it has been closest to the fan so the leaves are shredded but it is starting to stack some huge buds. I have been feeding lower EC nutes thinking all my plants were getting close, and they all started showing Cal/Mag deficiencies really quickly so I have bumped back up to 900-1000 EC at 5.9 PH. I am having some issues with germinating more seeds from the same vendor, so I am starting to look around for a new supplier that takes credit cards.
Well, my experiment to see how much neglect a plant can take is almost over. My poor little diesel is close to chopping. It is beat to hell. I partially harvested some of the larger buds. Despite not having dedicated lighting , and always being in a crowded tent it still produced a decent amount of flower. I really enjoyed my coco grows, but managing the water and waste water got old fast. My next few grows will be in DWC and then I may go back to coco. I really enjoyed the challenge as i have to grow on the down low so it's nice being able to share