NYGC Potluck: (Gorilla Glue #4 x Banana Kush)
This is my first attempt at breeding. I crossed a feminized Gorilla Glue #4 from ILGM with pollen from a feminized Banana Kush from ILGM that I treated with colloidal silver. I've selected what I think are the best looking seeds I collected from the GG and I hope they germinate and thrive. Time will tell. I will be prepping and starting these seeds at midnight on 1/1/2021.
I hope they do well. I just found what I think was a decent guide on how to use colloidal silver in order to make feminized seeds. I'm still a little fuzzy on what is actually being transferred from the manipulated Banaba Kush plant. If I'm understanding it right then from the pollen I used from the Banana Kush the Gorilla Glue girl will only get the female gebes from the Banana Kush. Or a. I all messed up?
Just wanted to post a pic of where the NYGC girls will be living. The area is 4x8 feet and has 3 Mars Hydro TSW2000s abd 2 Amazon sourced blurple grow lights that each are 265 watts. Using the CCFC grow light calculator the area has just over 2100 umol to work with.
Apparently I only dropped 5 of my Sticky Banana seeds into water, not 6. Anyway 24 hours after putting them into the paper towels 3 of them have split and had radicles out this evening. I planted Those 3 into big peat pellets that have been soaked in 7.0 distilled water. I will check the seeds again in the morning and I'm hoping the other 2 will have opened up by then.
All of my Sticky Banana seeds split and have produced radicles. I was very sick with some stomach illness. So 2 of them stayed in the paper towels too long. 1 of which was totally out of the seed coat, but I tried to plant them in the peat pellets anyway. Time will tell if they actually pop through the surface. Fingers crossed and hope I start feeling myself soon. Really dragging right now.
So I have 4 out of the 5 seeds I dropped of the Sticky Bananas strain up. They are looking a little stressed. It's been cold where they were located to begin with, but now they are in a new dedicated grow room inside of a 5x5x80 Maxisun tent and as of next week they will be under 2 Mars Hydro SP3000 lamps. I decided to try growing in a coco/perlite mix that is fortified with some slow release nutrients and beneficial microorganisms. The base is still a 50/50 mx of coco and perlite, but it also has compost, worm castings, super soil concentrate, kelp mea and feather meal. I will water this mix like a soil grow where I will try to avoid getting much run off, but through out the grow I will do a couple heavy waterings to get a small amount of run off to get a look at whats going on inside the medium. I don't have any expectations for this grow, just wanted to try something different. Time will tell and as always I will learn from it.
Things are finally starting to accelerate in terms of growth now. Haven't given them anything except tap water ph'd to 6.5 since they went into the 1 gallon pots. Tomorrow I will give them a tea made with 2 TBSof Natures Living Soil Super Soil Concentrate, 4 TBS of worm castings and 1 TBS of un-sulfered molasses per gallon and I have a few air stones bubbling on max letting ut bubble for 24 hours then adding the molasses then 1w hours of bubble then feed time. I'm only watering/feeding enough to keep the pots moist trying to avoid run off as much as possible.
Finally getting the environment in the veg room better controlled. Running an oil filled heater outside of the tent set at 65 degrees F. With that addition now my lights on hugh temp is around 76 and my RH is at 55% I just up potted into the final 5 gallon pots filled with a 50//50 blend of coco/perlite rinsed and dabble buffered. I've given up on the hybrid grow. I need to do much more research. For now I'm back on the GH feed. Currently mud veg set at 1.2 EC and PH'd to 6.5.
Sorry to anyone who has been looking for an update. Things have been progressing much more smoothly since adding a small oil filled electric space heater to the room housing my tent. I also have a Honeywell evaporative humidifier running on high 24/7 to kerp the humidity up. With the cold outside tennis and having furnace heat. The RH in the house is anywhere from 12 to 20 percent. This is extremely low i know, but honestly it's far easier to deal with than the opposite side of the club in the summer. Running a dehumidifier and AC gets expensive on top of the electrical costs. Anywho... the girls are all on late veg nutes. Feeding them 2 liters per day at 1.2 EC run off was very high for a while but had come down to between 1.2 and 1.4 now. I will get singe better close up pics of the Sticky Bananas , but so you can tell which are which the 3 plants that don't have scooters are Durban Poison x Mendo Dope. The red and blue scooters have the Bruce Banner 2.0s and the other 4 scooters have the Sticky 🍌.
So last night I began the process of getting all the plants ready for the flip into flowering. I'm not there yet, but getting close. Last night I did a heavy trim and started training the tops to stay down by lightly pinching the outer layers and bending them over at the soft area I made. Not quite everyone were ready for the pinch and bend, but everyone is doing well. I'm very curious to see what traits of the parents the flowers have. As the parents Gorilla Glue #4 and Banana Kush both from ILGM.com have very different looks, tastes and smells. Currently feeding the plants late veg nutrients set at 1.2 EC and PH'd to 6.0 using about 2 liters, per day, per plant. I watched a video CrackBabies shared with me on the chat forum yesterday and just made the decision to go for it. Even though my head said I did good work, my heart looking at them after was like oh my God my poor children, I'm sorry haha.