Forum

NYGC PE Auto: CHOO CHOOOO!! Pineapple Express Autos!

Page 2 / 2 Prev

Did the transplant to their final 5 gal pots tonight. The roots always look good coming out of these air pots, but these were insane. Check these roots out!

Cannabis Grow IMG 1765

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/14/2020 3:23 am bubble bubble, mooseknkl, lights.soil.seed.ACTION and 2 people liked
+ Show 1 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal

Just a quickie update - here's a pic from tonight of the 3 remaining PE:

Cannabis Grow IMG 1796

A few closer-up photos of some of the flowers:

Cannabis Grow IMG 1790
Cannabis Grow IMG 1791
Cannabis Grow IMG 1793
Cannabis Grow IMG 1792

I'm not sure since this is my first auto grow, but I feel like by this time the flowers should be a little further along. I'm going to be eyeballing all your journals to see how far behind mine look!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/24/2020 12:13 am mooseknkl liked
+ Show 1 comments

Little update on the PE gals. Plugging right along on these. The far right one still has flowers that look pretty thin, and I'm thinking these have no more than 2-3 weeks left at most, so hoping for some fattening-up the last days!

Cannabis Grow IMG 1839

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/07/2020 4:33 am mooseknkl liked

Hello all! Time for an update on the Pineapple Express. I went into the garden and took some closeups of the trichs to get a better idea on ripeness, and I think I'm close. I'm posting an overall of the three plants so you can see how they look as a whole, then some close bud shots, followed by some microscope shots so you can offer opinions on if it's time to chop or not. Today is day 80, and 420 Fastbuds says these are 8 week'ers, so it seems mine are a bit long running compared to their predictions.

Here is the overall of the three in the 5x5:

Cannabis Grow IMG 1923

A few bud shots:

Cannabis Grow IMG 1929
Cannabis Grow IMG 1931
Cannabis Grow IMG 1930

Now for some closeups, each plant marked separately:

Plant 1:

Cannabis Grow 4B
Cannabis Grow 4C
Cannabis Grow 4E

Plant 2:

Cannabis Grow 3D
Cannabis Grow 3A
Cannabis Grow 3E

Plant 3:

This one is the one on the right in the overall pic, with the thin, tall flowers. This one looks like I could let it go a bit longer I think.

Cannabis Grow 5A
Cannabis Grow 5D
Cannabis Grow 5C

Let me know what you guys think about chop time. To me, it looks like all three could come down now, but that I could let the third one go a bit longer if I wanted to, which I'd really like to, to give the flowers a chance to bulk up some. I've been fighting RH (have a second dehu on the way) so I'd like to wait until it arrives to ensure I can control the RH during the dry more accurately and give them a day or two longer in dryer conditions before the chop. I'm all ears, thanks for looking!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/20/2020 7:21 am Nores liked
+ Show 2 comments

Chop-chop! The time has arrived, these girls were harvested tonight. Below are some pics. I never made the time to set up the auto water system (only the drain portion), so these were watered once per day by hand for the entire grow. I won't make that mistake again. I'm positive I could have yielded more with the system set up, but had a series of events which gave me plenty of excuses to put it off.

This is the pre-harvest haircut pic:

Cannabis Grow IMG 2010

And a couple post:

Cannabis Grow IMG 2015
Cannabis Grow RKAN1366
Cannabis Grow IMG 2014

I'll update later once they are dry and I've completed the trim with weight and numbers. Thanks for following along!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/29/2020 1:30 am mooseknkl liked
Growlow
  Growlow
Esteemed Member
Known Grower
Completed Grows
Grow done!

Will update later, just using this post as a way to complete the grow.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/11/2020 2:45 am
Growlow
  Growlow
Esteemed Member
Known Grower
Completed Grows
Harvested: 03/28/2020
Total Days: 88
Flower Days: 57
Flower Days: 56

All done! Got around a half pound of "nice" trimmable buds, and 6.5oz or so of larfy or too-airy buds that I'll try to use as fodder for hash or baking.

In only counting the nicer trimmable buds, using the 345w Fluence light, that puts me well under a gram per watt at .65 or so.  If I count the other usable but not "pretty" stuff, that puts me at .83 or so. Either way, not a harvest I'm happy with. I'm sure much of the way it grew was my failing on setting up the auto water in a timely fashion, and some bit of it to the genetics. I was not impressed with the huge inconsistency from plant to plant, and one of the three I harvested was nearly unusuable in terms of how leafy and airy the buds were, so that hurt the harvest total quite a bit.

Overall, good lessons learned, some experience gained, and on to the next one! The Jack Herer grow is going well, so check out my other journal to follow along with that adventure!

Thanks for following along!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/11/2020 2:47 am
Growlow
  Growlow
Esteemed Member
Known Grower
Completed Grows
Flower Days: 57