Forum

NYGC PE Auto: CHOO CHOOOO!! Pineapple Express Autos!

Growlow
  Growlow
Trusted Member
Practicing Grower
NYGC PE Auto: CHOO CHOOOO!! Pineapple Express Autos!

Room for another on the Pineapple Express?!

Cannabis Grow IMG 0706

Seeds have arrived and I'm officially on the train!

This will be my first time going from seed germination to harvest EXCLUSIVELY in coco. The current grow I have going had seedlings that were started in soil in a solo cup, then transferred to coco. Since then, I have learned to use an automatic watering system and adopted the GH nutrient schedule here on the CFC site. I will be using the same methods for the PE grow alongside a companion grow of the Jack Herer strain (if the seeds arrive in time).

I will be implementing my three-tent setup in an exclusive grow space for the first time as well. One tent will be used to veg all the plants for the NYGC, then 4 PE plants will go into one of the other tents to flower under either the HLG 550v2 Rspec or the Fluence Spyder 2x (assuming it arrives on time), and the other tent will contain the Jack Herer grow under whichever of those two lights I decide not to use for the PE's.

Both flowering tents will have their own res and auto water and drain system attached. The room is sealed and will be climate controlled by the Daiken mini split I just had installed, and I will supplement Co2 to ensure the plants have enough (though I have yet to decide what ppm that will be until I get further consultation on that). In the room there will be a dehumidifier (45 pint Active Air) to keep the RH in check. Since the room will have both vegging and flowering plants in it, I have decided to keep the RH between 50-60% so that both sets of plants can coexist in an acceptable range.

If anyone has any suggestions on the setup I listed above or how it could be improved, I'm happy to hear them. I look forward to growing with the PE team!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/05/2019 4:13 pm Sgt.Bone, Gremlinbuds, missourimedical and 7 people liked
+ Show 2 comments
Growlow
  Growlow
Trusted Member
Practicing Grower

It's the big night! Armed to the teeth and ready to roll! 8 minutes to go!

Cannabis Grow IMG 1227

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/31/2019 8:52 pm mmxk and MichelangeloGrows liked
Growlow
  Growlow
Trusted Member
Practicing Grower

The deed is done! Life begins!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/31/2019 9:24 pm Sgt.Bone, NAKEDGARDENER, Gremlinbuds and 1 people liked
+ Show 2 comments
Growlow
  Growlow
Trusted Member
Practicing Grower

Taps all around! Since all 5 have popped and I only need 4 for flowering, I'll select the best looking 4 and go forward with them. I'll be putting them in Jiffy pellets tonight or in the morning.

Cannabis Grow IMG 1322

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/02/2020 7:48 pm smotpoker, Mlcl1985, mmxk and 2 people liked
+ Show 4 comments
Growlow
  Growlow
Trusted Member
Practicing Grower

All popping up!. Prepping for the mini-air pot stage and will be ready to plant when those taps shoot out.

Cannabis Grow IMG 1337

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/04/2020 3:28 pm Gremlinbuds, Mlcl1985, Nores and 3 people liked
+ Show 1 comments
Growlow
  Growlow
Trusted Member
Practicing Grower

Transplant into solo cu... wait no - mini air pots!! Cutest pots ever? Yeah, I think so!

Cannabis Grow IMG 1351 (2)

I let them get a bit stretchy by not having the light close enough, but that problem has been fixed and we're moving on. Here's a picture of my janky little self draining saucer adaptation for the babies 🙂

Cannabis Grow IMG 1364

Who says seedlings can't have auto drain?? Now to manufacture the world's tiniest hydro halos and take over the seedling universe!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/07/2020 11:25 pm Gremlinbuds and Thekiddpalatt liked
+ Show 3 comments
Growlow
  Growlow
Trusted Member
Practicing Grower

Below is a closeup of each of the 5 PE I popped for this grow. I have some thoughts on them, but I'd love to hear what others have to say. There are a couple of obvious issues, one being that I let them get too stretchy in the first few days by not giving enough light. That's one of the areas where I don't feel confident at all in the seedling process. I don't currently have a way to measure how much light I'm giving, so I don't have hard numbers to guide me and that makes me nervous. I started them under a 24w 18" t5, then when moved them under the HLG 100v2, which is where they are now. I think I left them too far away from the 100w when I first moved them into it, but not entirely sure.

Cannabis Grow IMG 1467
Cannabis Grow IMG 1472
Cannabis Grow IMG 1474
Cannabis Grow IMG 1473
Cannabis Grow IMG 1475

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2020 7:26 pm
+ Show 3 comments
Growlow
  Growlow
Trusted Member
Practicing Grower

Updated pic from today. Looking stronger and had a bit of growth spurt.

Cannabis Grow IMG 1500

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/13/2020 11:27 pm NAKEDGARDENER liked
Growlow
  Growlow
Trusted Member
Practicing Grower

Here's the side-by-side from 1/14 of the JH vs the PE. Looks like both are about even in terms of growth. Watching closely to see which 4 will get to go to the flower tents!

Cannabis Grow IMG 1502

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/15/2020 3:46 am
Growlow
  Growlow
Trusted Member
Practicing Grower

Overall view as of 1/15 and some closeups of a couple of the babies:

Cannabis Grow IMG 1517
Cannabis Grow IMG 1522
Cannabis Grow IMG 1521

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/16/2020 4:56 am
+ Show 1 comments
Growlow
  Growlow
Trusted Member
Practicing Grower

Daily update on these Pineapple Express babies. Thinking they will get transplanted within a day or two now. Checked the bottom of the mini air pots and they are already showing roots poking through the bottom.

Cannabis Grow IMG 1527

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/17/2020 7:13 am NAKEDGARDENER liked
+ Show 2 comments
Growlow
  Growlow
Trusted Member
Practicing Grower

Here's a pic from the evening of the 17th.

Cannabis Grow IMG 1536

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/18/2020 5:15 am Growasaurusrex, Mlcl1985, Nores and 1 people liked