SAFC Photoperiods: 2 x Strawberry Amnesia - 1st time grow
Awesome Gordo. Please feel free to ask questions and let me know how we can help you have a successful grow. I encourage you to hang out in the chat room and ask questions as they come up.
Okay, so I finally get the chance to post on here.
After 4 days.. only 1 Strawberry Amnesia germinated and rooted.
I actually ended up germinating 2 Blue Kush as well at the same time, yet don't know how to change the details on my journal info. Both Kush sprouted and rooted out of jiffy within 4 days!!
Anyway, been sifting through articles, having GrowingUpNorth guide me through a bit (abeit, sometimes probably a little frustratingly)! A little bit of too much attention, a little bit of too much nutrients yesterday and almost locking the strawberry out!
Now they are all growing, the Blue kush seem to be stretching, but the light is about 4" from these little girls and they just... want ...MORE.
One strawberry you see in the pictures is 3 days older than the rest.
The red solo cups are Strawberry, the White are Blue Kush. Just the way it worked out.
I am currently waiting on charcoal filter, some ducting meters, testers, pots and new led to come in, a kingbright HLG clone, same as GUN's.
- 2 × 4 x 5 Mammoth P120L
- 3 × T5 36" @ 6500k
- Advanced Nutrients line (Sensi Grow, Sensi Coco Bloom, B52, Voodoo)
- Distilled water, as I do have an In-home softener/RO, I am working on running a PEX line from RO to my "nutestation"
- Have the setup for autowater, but I am handwatering for now to get a feel. Have setup a mixture bucket (or series of different sized buckets based on volume of mixture remaining). Had a stirring pump already, so that just keeps eednutrients mixed and oxygenated until fertigation.
- Checking my EC using TDS meter (its what I have available) and converting using ppm/.67=EC, as I'm using distilled water and I found that as a general conversion formula.
- Monitoring rH and temp with AC Infinity Inline fan with controller. Seemed easiest way to control climate.
- I DO have an outside intake setup, only using it occasionally to bring in fresh air from outside. Have SEVERAL layered up cheesecloths as prefilters.
I think that is it that I can think of.
So much fun! Yet my wife is starting to think I live in the basement now, maybe I do! Comeon, what else do I need?!
I hope these are enough pictures for everyone! The Strawberry that looks mature is the April 17th Germination.
Have, of course, changed a few things around;
- Put in a small cat water dispenser I had sitting around, and paper towel, now I dont have to fill the humidity bowl every few hours!!
- Got my light meter, also, got a new light!!! Killer deal, I thought: Mars Hydro SP150 for $150+tax. Returned 1 T5 and put it towards it. Quantum board WAS to come tomorrow, may be held up at customs...boooooooourns. Anyway, have the T5s sitting against the dome. One 2700k, one 6500k. The strawberries don't like being directly under 6500k, and vise versa. I swapped them around and now they are happy where they stand! At about 10,500lux since lights-on.
- Have also added some music. Cause, y'know, why not!? Had an old bookshelf, put the speakers inside, run to an old device and make a new account on spotify through family plan! Bam, grow music! Currently cycling through Bach, Mozart, Beethoven.
- I think that's it. Still trying to setup RO so I dont have to keep buying distilled.
The Blues are getting stretchy, no matter how close i put them to the light, they just wanna grow tall, so, they are directly (3-4" from the T5s, and I have reduced Mars Hydro temporarily while they are seedlings).
Strawberries are almost caught up to each other despite one being SLIGHTLY older (3 days).
Still working my way through seedling nutes.. quite confusing when one is older. But as of last fertigation, runoff of all plants were nearly all the same around 519EC. +-~100EC.
As per AN, they suggest a seedling plan of 1/4 A&B week 1, 1/2 week 2, 3/4 week 3, then full for veg. So.. trying that!!
If anyone thinks I'm missing something or has comments, feel free! I welcome the opinions and advice!!!😃
Don't worry guys, only 22 pics this time😁🤣
So, as of this morning, they seem to be enjoying themselves!
Oh so green. 😃
EC coming in ~522-597 currently, with 597EC being the Strawberry that I had germinated 3 days earlier (using TDS meter, distilled water, equation = ppm/.67).
Despite her being slightly older, they are all becoming within range, and have tried as of this morning, mixing ONE 1/2 strength A&B, and diluting it down to ~475-550EC (lower for younglings, 550EC for the older girl). I needed a new batch and wanted to see if I still need AN recommendation of 1/4 strength A&B for the sake of 2-3 days when they are all very close in EC and growth! (<~100 between them).
As Of 10:00am this morning, hour after fertigation with 1/2 A&B.