SAFC Photographers: 3rd grow from Accidental 1st seed grow
After almost 24 hours in the freezer, hopes that it increasing the germination rate, I put my starter seeds between two wet paper towels in a container then covered it before placing it in a closet.
The tap root for the first Purple Punch 2 (known as: PP2 1) was showing even more today so it made the move to a pod and solo cup in the window sill. I've found starting in the window seems to give my plants a better chance of surviving life in the tent.
The main soil base was Fox Farm Ocean Forest, a first time use of it, with a mix of mycorrhizaes, kelp, azomite, bat guano, (and a lot of love).
There is also a second PP2 showing root which I'll make the move tomorrow for that one. I like to see a little more sticking out.
I was able to plant both PP2 II and PP2 III on Day 5 aka March 25th using the same soil combination for these as well. I also had number IV showing a little bit of it's root and was ready to move for Day 6 (*post to follow). The pictures are of PP2 and then the remaining seeds.
Day 6, March 26th, was plant day for not only PP2 IV but the wife started her's. Since my second grow she has been joining in on the fun and taking on one of her own. Here is a picture of all the plants with one seed left to pop:
Day 7 came with the sprouting of the extra Purple Punch x Harambe's cookie cake x Slickback (aka PP2 E) but it was small so I dampened the paper towel and put it back for one more day.
Day 7 also came with the adding of a bag for better humidity for two (PP2 III and PP2 IV) of the plants with the seedlings still hiding in the starter pod.
Day 8 came with the planting of PP2 E with the same soil mixer as the other plants but not sure if this one will just end up being double planted with another one in the 5 gallon.
It has been a few days but I think that comes after my 1 year old got a hold of IV aka it was a goner. Since then I've put them up higher using these hanging pots:
As for the plants here they are, I'm still just doing a simple water mix until they get into veg stage then I plan to do some testing with a bat guano tea, Flora Flex products, and Beanstalk products:
PP2 1:This was the first of the 4 to hit week 2, which was actually yesterday. For me this just meant bi-weekly treatment on them with no major differences being done until they hit veg weeks.
PP2 II: Today marks week 2 for this one
PP2 III: Today marks week 2 for this one as well
PP2 Extra: The lone wolf had a couple more days before it gets into week 2. I've continued to keep this one under the bag which I plan to do until it starts to no longer be able to be comfortably in it.
So I meant to post yesterday but here we are on Day 22 which also puts all the plants now at 2 weeks from germination. Today I turned off my Samsung light to try to bring down my tent temperature, it's hitting 100, which I wonder if the temperature is the reason for the leaves turning up on the PP2 1. I also have struggled with the humidity and it doesn't help that I've also struggled with the last grow with the water flooding the base causing it to overflow. I've had to just ditch the humidifier for now.
PP2 1:Hit Week 3 yesterday but isn't getting anything different from what I've already started with
PP2 II: Hit Week 3 today and was given the first treatment of the Full Tilt B1 and B2 mix, which I ended up winning through my Instagram (@gdub.va.lpc).
PP2 III: Hit Week 3 today as well today and was given it's first treatment of a homemade bat guano tea
PP2 E: Still in week 2
PP2 1 on Day 28: Was moved from its solo cup to a 3 gallon
PP2 1 on Day 29:
PP2 II on Day 28: Was moved from its solo cup to a 3 gallon
PP2 II on Day 29:
PP2 III on Day 28: Was transplanted to a 5 gallon Air Pot
PP2 III on Day 29:
PP2 E on Day 29: Was transplanted to a 5 gallon