Forum

NYGC- Grow strains and goals

Page 1 / 3 Next
Woop
  Woop
Reputable Member
Proven Grower

Greetings fellow green thumbs! 

As of today, I have germinated the following strains, Lucid Ripper, Gelato, Cherry bomb, Jamaican lambs breath, Pink, and Sour Cyclone. I will be growing in my 4x8 tent running an auto fertigation setup with two 8 inch reflectors running 1000w bulbs each. I will be keeping the Exhale Co2 bags in there as they are good for six months and should last me the next few grow cycles. I am currently waiting on one plant to finish its flush cycle and once that is out of the tent, I will reorganize everything to including adding both HID lamps, auto fertigation system w/manual drain system and sog net. I will post pictures here as soon as everything is set up and ready to go which so be no later than 1/12/2019. I hit many goals with my last grow as well as learned what I will need to achieve my next grow goals. Looking forward to seeing everyone grows as these next few months start to go by. Have a happy new year everyone!

-Woop

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/01/2019 12:54 pm Juiceman, Mangrow Goodbud, ElTee3 and 4 people liked
+ Show 14 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
Woop
  Woop
Reputable Member
Proven Grower

Yah well I do have a reason why I have different strains. When I have a lot of studying to do I like a low THC high CBD Sativa strain thus why I am doing sour cyclone. But it is nice having different levels or ratio's of sativa and indica strains. I smoke some indica's just for the purpose of sleeping and some for those nights that I want to become one with the couch and video games. But the main idea is tolerance control too. I keep dabbing down to a minimum when I am back at school.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/01/2019 8:10 pm Californiakid and Dr Coco liked
+ Show 2 comments
  Anonymous
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows

Growing together is fantabulous I. Luvvin eet

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/01/2019 11:44 pm Juiceman, Woop and TerribleTerrapin liked
+ Show 2 comments
Woop
  Woop
Reputable Member
Proven Grower

So earlier today I checked my seedlings for tales. I am 5 for 6 tales so far, Gelato for some reason has not cracked yet.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/03/2019 8:46 pm CaliforniaKid ALT, Kushman and Dr Coco liked
+ Show 1 comments
Woop
  Woop
Reputable Member
Proven Grower

Greetings all! I have a small update on my grow. I came up with a hypothesis as to why I had 5 seeds out of 6 fail. I am pretty sure I was really high when I germinated my seeds and didn't realize I had grabbed the last paper tower in the roll which had the glue that they use on it. This particular piece of paper towel had a very large amount of whatever type of glue it is that is used. I think some of that glue got into the seeds. As to why I had one survive? Is beyond me but even that one sprouted very slowly but luckily is now transplanted into a plastic beer cup and getting starting to really stretch out! I will make sure to attach a picture of her.

As to what my next move is, as a last ditch effort, I individually lightly rinsed each seedling off and stuck them back in wet paper towels and they are now back in the hallway closet that is fairly close to the furnace and always warm and dark. Friday or Saturday, if there are no improvements (which I am actually not expecting any) I will just regerminate the same strains and make sure I don't make any mistakes this time. And hope they pop a lot quicker this time around. I figure I am now 2 weeks behind but I should be able to catch up as long as the germination redo process goes well.

IMG 2681
IMG 2680

Oh and please don't mind the typo! :p

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/16/2019 8:31 pm Kushman liked
+ Show 2 comments
Woop
  Woop
Reputable Member
Proven Grower

@campesino @chefomj-alt I actually have one roll of cheap paper towels left lol. The rest are the bulk brauny towels from costco 😛

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/17/2019 7:26 am CaliforniaKid ALT, DrCoco ALT and Chefomj ALT liked
Longster
Trusted Member
Cannabis Fan

This sounds like a story regarding a popular breeder name Capulator. He had 10-20 seeds in his jeans when he was washing or something.. Only one seed survived.. He called it the mircale 15 i think.. Your seed is going to be amazing. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/17/2019 9:17 pm DrCoco ALT liked
Woop
  Woop
Reputable Member
Proven Grower

WOW these ducting tubes where not very fun to get on. But after a pain in the ass and some rethinking which led to finding an easy way of getting them on (which meant they had to come down), they are finally on! 😀

IMG 2684

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/17/2019 9:18 pm CaliforniaKid ALT, Chefomj ALT, Kushman and 1 people liked
+ Show 2 comments
Woop
  Woop
Reputable Member
Proven Grower

Greetings all! Small update on my grow tent upstairs. I have the lights hung out and ready to go, I am replacing the breaker to the room with a bigger amp breaker, I have two timers set to turn on a few minutes apart. From what a good friend of mine told me, each ballast will draw about 15 amps until the bulbs are heated up to full operation in which the ballast will drop the amount of amperage being pulled to where I should be able to have both lights going without popping a breaker. I will be running an extension cord to another outlet that is hooked to a separate break so I won't have to worry about fans, humidifier, dehumidifier getting messed up. Later this week I will have both push and pull fans hooked up and ready to go. Its been a slow process, but I am also swamped with school and taking care of my dogs. But its ok since my one plant isnt growing fast anyways ;P

-Woop

IMG 2697

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/21/2019 6:12 pm CaliforniaKid ALT, DocX024 and Kushlove liked
+ Show 4 comments
Woop
  Woop
Reputable Member
Proven Grower

Here is JLB as of yesterday. I earlier this week I noticed the leaves curling up and measured the EC in the DTW and as the plant was telling me, the DTW EC was pretty high. I flushed her till DTW was about 200 EC and doing low EC fertigation but feeding multiple times throughout the day. Today she will go back to her regular 1000 (approx.) EC feeding schedule. 

I am very sad to report too that the seeds I recently re-poped are not germinating as fast as what I am used too. I am not sure what the heck happened, some are showing tails, some are not. Again, I don't know what happened or why these are germing so slow. I never had this many fails in one time let alone really experiencing germinating failure. I guess its really hit and miss or so I hope as this is an issue and ]is really the first time I have encountered it. Oh well. Maybe I will just be growing one plant this time around.

IMG 2730
IMG 2731

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/25/2019 8:14 am
Woop
  Woop
Reputable Member
Proven Grower

Greetings fellow green thumbs! Posting some pics of JLB on day 30, she is really starting to pop! I am also posting updated pictures on my grow tent. Its almost finished! A week or two ago I noticed that JLB leaves were curling up so I tested the DTW water and indeed the EC was high! So I flushed down to about 200 EC and fertigated around 600 EC and now she is back up to 1100 ish EC. I am sad to report that my second attempt at germination was another failure. All 5 sides just went to waste, I guess that's how that cookie crumbles yes? Oh well! This weekend I am getting clones as I am motivated to grow at least 6 plants. 

As far as what's left for my growing tent, I just need to seal the main lamps with tape, hook up the intake ducting and exhaust ducting to the window and then set up the auto fertigation system. I have one of those flex hoses that I will run out the window and down to the first floor so I don't have to carry 5 gallons of water up the stairs everytime I rinse and refresh my fertigation reservoir. As recommended by  Dr. Coco, I will be using a regular 5-gallon container to mix my nutes and then add to the fertigation reservoir. As for my DTW reservoir, I may be moving that out this weekend and replacing it with some stands that will allow the plants to sit lower thus leaving more room between the plants and the lamps. I am going to try and get the tray (where the plants are chilling till harvest) down to about 5-6 inches off the ground. Right now my plants are sitting at about 1 ft 10 inches from the ground. As for the main feeding tube, I am going to try and figure out a way to keep that at least a few feet off the ground so the fertigation reservoir does not get siphoned and flooded all over the floor. Very excited to finally get here with my grow, just bummed that all my seeds didn't pop successfully which is sort of a first time for me. But I will get those replaced with clones.  Anyways, let me know what you guys think!

IMG 2777
IMG 2769
IMG 2768
IMG 2770

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/30/2019 2:29 pm DrCoco ALT and DocX024 liked
+ Show 1 comments
Woop
  Woop
Reputable Member
Proven Grower

Oops! for some reason not all the pictures made it in. Here is a Pano of the tent from left to right in case anyone is wondering why it looks funky 😛

IMG 2771

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/30/2019 2:35 pm DrCoco ALT liked
Woop
  Woop
Reputable Member
Proven Grower

Howdy fellow green thumbs! I bring good news! If you gaze upon my recent pictures you will see my main lamps have ignition! Well, I at least have one going for now until my ladies start growing out! I still have to get a board cut out for the window but for now since we are going to have some dry weather. I have the lamp ducting hanging out the window with the intake pointed down and exhaust pointed up. I also got some clones today. I picked up the following, wedding cake (known as pink cookies), Sour Diesel, Lemon Sour Desiel (LSD), Watermelon Skittlez, and Sour Bubble. So I will have six different strains growing! I am hoping to be able to flip sometime end of February or early March! Have a good weekend everyone!

Grower love!

IMG 2814

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/02/2019 4:55 pm CaliforniaKid ALT and Dr Coco liked
Woop
  Woop
Reputable Member
Proven Grower

IMG 2813
IMG 2815
IMG 2812

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/02/2019 4:57 pm
+ Show 6 comments
Woop
  Woop
Reputable Member
Proven Grower

So after the lights go out I am going to use an old foldable dog crate and place the big plant tray over it. It won't leave me with much space but I will get the drain to waste issue figured out and might have to get rid of that manually which I was planning on doing anyway. In the meantime, I will do what I can to get a drain to waste system figured out. I wish I could get my lamps higher :\

IMG 2832
IMG 2833

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/04/2019 10:01 am Dr Coco liked
Page 1 / 3 Next