Forum

Heating my grow tent.

Aj148015
Cannabis Fan

Hello, I am a fresh grower. I’ll be getting my first seeds some time in the next week or so.  I am trying to figure out how I can keep my grow tent at the magic 75 degrees range. The problems I’m facing are as followed 

I live in a cold area that’s not weed friendly ,and am forced to grow in my dark cold basement. I have a 2x4 grow tent and currently With the fan and light running, I can’t get the temp higher then 65 degrees. I only have one outlet that’s currently running my 200 watts Spider farmer sf 2000, carbon filter, x2 6’ inch fans, and my  humidifier. I would love to put a standup heater, but I worry about how much room I have, plus I can’t put a 1500 watt heater on the outlet.. obviously whatever I do needs to also be on a thermostat.... options? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/22/2020 4:50 pm
+ Show 1 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
Cannabis Fan

Does anyone know much about growing cannabis or harvesting/drying cannabis and therefore requiring  an 'explosion proof' heating system?,

This would probably be due to the dust from the plant/resin....that could be flamable.   

I've heard that several other industries that have dust particles (metal/baking ect.) have to use 'explosion proof' heaters so they is no igniting of the dust particles and therefore preventing fire & explosions.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/20/2020 1:42 pm

Perhaps a convection based heater, using significantly less wattage? I'm using a small 400W for a 10x10 lung room for example;

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BN2TH5V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/31/2021 4:34 am