Forum

Cannabis = health?

NiceMan
  NiceMan
Cannabis Fan

Do you think, honestly, cannabis harms health? I mean not a medical use, I mean smoking to relax. And what can excessive consumption of marijuana? Interested in an independent opinion, not sellers and others.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/03/2019 10:35 am
+ Show 5 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
Chefomj
  Chefomj
Member Moderator
Expert Grower
Completed Grows

Marijuana use disorder becomes addiction when the person cannot stop using the drug even though it interferes with many aspects of his or her life. Estimates of the number of people addicted to marijuana are controversial, in part because epidemiological studies of substance use often use dependence as a proxy for addiction even though it is possible to be dependent without being addicted. Those studies suggest that 9 percent of people who use marijuana will become dependent on it,24,25 rising to about 17 percent in those who start using in their teens.26,27

Marijuana use disorders are often associated with dependence—in which a person feels withdrawal symptoms when not taking the drug. People who use marijuana frequently often report irritability, mood and sleep difficulties, decreased appetite, cravings, restlessness, and/or various forms of physical discomfort that peak within the first week after quitting and last up to 2 weeks.20,21Marijuana dependence occurs when the brain adapts to large amounts of the drug by reducing production of and sensitivity to its own endocannabinoid neurotransmitters.22,23

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/04/2019 8:00 am Californiakid liked
Chefomj
  Chefomj
Member Moderator
Expert Grower
Completed Grows

This link was shared with me and they make a great point in the beginning about the studies that are done with cannabis. I would recommend listening to the points of controversy.  https://youtu.be/WcJ0NdiBvZw

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/04/2019 9:16 am
NiceMan
  NiceMan
Cannabis Fan

Posted by: Chefomj

Marijuana use disorder becomes addiction when the person cannot stop using the drug even though it interferes with many aspects of his or her life. Estimates of the number of people addicted to marijuana are controversial, in part because epidemiological studies of substance use often use dependence as a proxy for addiction even though it is possible to be dependent without being addicted. Those studies suggest that 9 percent of people who use marijuana will become dependent on it,24,25 rising to about 17 percent in those who start using in their teens.26,27

Marijuana use disorders are often associated with dependence—in which a person feels withdrawal symptoms when not taking the drug. People who use marijuana frequently often report irritability, mood and sleep difficulties, decreased appetite, cravings, restlessness, and/or various forms of physical discomfort that peak within the first week after quitting and last up to 2 weeks.20,21Marijuana dependence occurs when the brain adapts to large amounts of the drug by reducing production of and sensitivity to its own endocannabinoid neurotransmitters.22,23

"THC dependency occurs when the brain becomes used to the added chemical thereby reducing the productivity of its own neurotransmitters. While there are no hard statistics on marijuana dependency, common characteristics of withdrawal are evident after quitting and can last a couple of weeks(4). Symptoms experienced are grumpiness, mood and sleep problems, lack of appetite, cravings, restlessness, and/or various forms of physical pain.

Whereas, marijuana addiction is defined by a person’s inability to quit using the substance; choosing it over their family, friends, co-workers, and employers; as well as making excuses and lying. Another sign of addiction is continuing to use marijuana knowing it is causing problems in their life.

The National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) reports there is a lack of precise data supporting exact percentages of marijuana addicts among users in the United States since these often treat dependance as addiction, even though there is a distinct difference. However, the general consensus is 10 percent of adult users will suffer from dependency. The percentages increase to 16 when consumption begins before the age of 18.

The results of the 2015 National Survey on Drug Use and Health indicate that nearly 4 million respondents met the criteria for marijuana use disorder. Of those, 138,000 sought treatment for their addiction.

Once a person becomes addicted to marijuana, their mental health can spiral downward. Drug abuse will increase depression, anxiety, hopelessness, suicidal ideation, rapid-cycling thoughts, and impulsiveness. These symptoms will worsen as the disease grows and for those with mental health illnesses, the outcome could be more significant." Taken from here:  https://thcdetox.biz/blog/marijuana-health/

To be honest, based on this article, the body and mind are also affected by the negative effects of cannabis. And it’s hard to disagree. Billion-dollar sellers of drugs will be against the truth, so they are trying with all their might to pour into the brains of young people that marijuana is not a drug and its use remains harmless to the body. Honestly, already tired of looking at it, on this zombie, how much is already possible?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2019 2:15 am
+ Show 4 comments
Aretha Morce
Cannabis Fan

maybe it depends on the consumption, i smoke a joint like of strain http://blimburnseeds.com/news/marijuana/news/industry/agrisoft-buy-your-weed-trough-the-atm-machine-an-marias-show/attachment/agrisoft-buy-your-weed-trough-the-atm-machine-an-marias-show-420weedtv-program-77/ almost everyday, just to relax and enjoy the day, 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 9:10 pm
+ Show 1 comments
Liam
  Liam
Cannabis Fan

It is worth considering as tea or coffee in this respect. They are also addictive in a certain amount and the body without it begins to feel bad. As with cannabis, if you exceed, hold on for a month and your body will be cleansed completely. Yes, the first few weeks will not seem easy.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/19/2019 2:07 am
Chefomj
  Chefomj
Member Moderator
Expert Grower
Completed Grows

Most people turn to alcohol since it has been legal so long as a way to relax. Addiction is dependent on the person and the way it's used. The difference and benefits from other drugs or inhibitions out weigh anything negatively impacting your life, 1 in a million would look at cannabis use as an addiction or a negative impact on everyday life. 

You can't tell me consuming cannabis is more dangerous then taking asprin or ibuprofen.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/19/2019 6:46 pm Californiakid and Rosettastoned liked
Rosettastoned
(@rosettastoned)
Honorable Member Charter Member
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

https://friendlyaussiebuds.com/education/pgr-toxic-weed/

Fun stuff....

Its stuff like this that makes me glad I grow my own now

"Life is short. Drive fast and leave a sexy corpse" Stanley Hudson
ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/24/2019 10:29 am Californiakid and Chefomj liked
+ Show 2 comments
Bubbles
  Bubbles
Eminent Member
Practicing Grower

I have had to take anti-seizure, anti-depressant, and opioids to deal with chronic daily migraines i had since i was 7 or 8 years old. I have been to 20+ doctors including johns hopkins and jefferson. When i was younger i took anti-seizure medications(nueronitin) which led me to be called bubble boy or bubbles for short as i was always doped up. I also took 6-8 ibuprofens a day for 10+ years. I tried botox and ganglion nerve block injections, electrical pulse/shock therapy before they gave me opiates to use at the age of 16. Over the next 8 years i took opiates everday. I tried fentanyl patches, percacets, ms contin, oxycontin, hydrocodone and various other opiates which i thought were helping, but in no time i was in bed everday with migraine headaches again, only now i was addicted to pills. I went to a headache center in Michigan where they asked me if i tried marijuana for my headaches. I told them that i did try smoking but the smoke seemed to make it worse. They told me to try oil or vaping before i spent thousands of dollars on this out-of-pocket headache clinic. I went to a dispensary in Michigan to get more information and when i got home tried vaping bud for the first time. Pain did not go away for a couple weeks but i was sleeping well and eating well so i kept using it. Eventually my headaches went away all together and now its been 2+ years since i had a major migraine headache. I use it as a preventative. I since have been able to take college classes full-time and even made the fall 2018 deans list for my college. Based on the comments you left above it doesn't seem like your opinion that cannabis is harmful is gonna change, but i hope you may realize that marijuana is no more harmful than alcohol and MUCH less harmful than cigarettes, and that it does improve many peoples lives, and that it should be made available to people before having to try opiates. When i first got my mmj card, i had to prove that i had taken opiates in the past and i hope one day it is the opposite, where you have to prove you had tried cannabis before they prescribe pain killers.

Peace, bubbles 

EDIT:  I forgot the best part, I have been opioid free since beginning mmj treatments 2+ years ago

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/22/2019 5:37 am Rosettastoned, Chefomj and Green Mountain liked
+ Show 1 comments
Arlin
  Arlin
Cannabis Fan

I think our modern world is full of needy people who look for ways to stimulate and escape no matter the consequences.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/19/2021 3:07 pm
Arlin
  Arlin
Cannabis Fan

I think our modern world is full of needy people who look for ways to stimulate and escape no matter the consequences. Let's make one thing clear. It's been proven over and over again that cannabis is medically beneficial in some cases that are under medical supervision. Stoning on it on a daily basis will not get you far for a fact, and it will definitely become a damaging substance for you. A natural and healthy substance like bali kratom will give you tremendous energy and power on a daily basis with no side effects at all. It's been used for centuries, and it works!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/19/2021 3:08 pm
Arlin
  Arlin
Cannabis Fan

Not more that the excessive use of alcohol, plus it's being used to treat certain conditions for years now! The Internet is full of misinformation mostly, so I wouldn't advise you to look up such matters. If you have a marijuana store close to your head to a shop and learn from a HerbCEO budtending guide what it takes to grow medicinal cannabis as they are extremely passionate about all forms of cannabis and different varieties as well as seeds. It takes actual knowledge to know valuable information about weed too. I never knew about a variety that can grow in my garden so easily till I got is recommended for example.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/22/2021 7:49 am
Ryual
  Ryual
Cannabis Fan

I'm not sure if we should blame that much cannabis when it's proven to be beneficial overall.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/22/2021 10:56 am