Forum

[Sticky] NYGC Open Discussion

Page 1 / 3 Next

WELCOME Growers! I am very much looking forward to the New Years Grow Challenge!!!

If you haven't signed up, be sure to: http://www.cocoforcannabis.com/challenge/

40 NYGCers will be growing test seeds from Predicative Breeding. I want to organize some other groups to grow the same strains as well. Let's start commenting here on what you hope or plan to grow!

If you want to get fired up for the NYGC, check out the live show that @chefomj @nakedgardener @furrysparkle @moontower @daddydooby and @growlow did with @cheaphomegrow !

Let's Grow Together
ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2019 8:21 am louieSmokeAlot, Cannacine.man, FurrySparkle and 1 people liked
+ Show 2 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
GroveGrower
Eminent Member
Practicing Grower

How do we get some of Kyle's seeds for the challenge?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2019 10:25 am
Growlow
  Growlow
Esteemed Member
Known Grower
Completed Grows

I'm sitting on zero seeds right now waiting for some info on either Kyles seeds or a group growing something else. I wanna be part of the largest group I can squirm into.

Is anyone grouping up right now? Anyone want to pick some fiery stuff and start one? I'm down for anything, but we're getting closer and I wanna be sure I can get the seeds in time. Help me spend my seed moneys!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2019 3:14 pm Dr Coco liked
+ Show 2 comments
maxovrdrive
Reputable Member Group Leader
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

I am planning on doing OG kush from quebec gold  for NYGC

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2019 3:15 pm Dr Coco liked
Bubbles
  Bubbles
Practicing Grower

I got some gelato seeds from crop kings but would also like to grow something gass-y or diesel-y. I may join whoever grows og kush.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2019 9:23 pm Dr Coco liked

I believe I'm going to run Bogglegum by B.O.G., it's NL5 crossed with Bubblegum and supposed to be "easy to grow". If I see anyone with any other varietals I have I'll switch so we can mob up though!

Cannabis Grow 20191020 015731

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/09/2019 6:57 am Dr Coco liked

Alright - we had a lively chat about this yesterday and I appreciate the comments above as well.

We have had 20 new growers sign up for the NYGC since Yesterday! I am working on an email to send out about the seed groups and other fun stuff for NYGC.

Since it is most fun to grow similar plants to other growers we wanted to create groupings for the NYGC. The Groupings that we settled on (Plus one new one based on this thread @maxovrdrive )

1. PBreeding Testers
  2. Jack Herer (Photo-period, Seedsman)
  3. Pineapple Express (Autoflower, Fastbuds)
  4. The Blues (Any strain with "Blueberry" crossed in it)
  5. The OGs (Any strain crossed with OG)
  6. The Bagseeds (Seeds of opportunity and chance)
  7. The Clones (Seedless growers)
  8. The Misfits (For all who do not fit in any group above)

Hopefully this gives plenty of opportunities to coordinate and collaborate. Think about your strains and your groups. Still open to suggestions - but coming together quickly!

Much Grower Love - this is gonna be fun 🙂

Let's Grow Together
ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/09/2019 10:20 am FraggleRock liked

NYGC Groups

The NYGC is open to any and all cannabis plants. That said, we created some groups so that growers who want to can coordinate and grow the same or similar strains. When you create your NYGC journal, you will have the chance to select your group or groups. This will tag your journal and connect you to others who are growing the same or similar strains. Check out the groups and think about your strain selections!

Group 1: The PBreeding Testers

Kyle Breeder from Predicative Breeding is working with us to have 40 growers in the NYGC do a large-scale genetic test with his new strains. We sent out an invitation about a month ago and the growers that signed up will have an opportunity to confirm their participation next week. We are not taking new sign-ups for this deal right now, but there will be another opportunity to get in on it after we confirm the current participants. Stay tuned for an announcement.

Group 2: Jack Herer by Seedsman (Photoperiod)

Several growers will be growing one of my all-time favorite strains, Jack Herer. The Seedsman version is very well regarded (I have one in my tent right now) and pretty easy to get. Seedsman claims there are several distinct phenotypes but both the plants I have grown have been compact during veg growth and develop beautiful classic flowers. The contemplative high is one of my favorites. I think this is a great strain and it will be fun to see a bunch of growers possibly revealing those phenotypic differences.

Group 3: Pineapple Express by Fastbuds (Autoflower)

Looking to grow an autoflower along with others? Join @Nakedgardener and grow Pineapple Express by Fastbuds. NakedGardener chose the strain for this group because its fruity and has a great terpene profile. He says the high is very creative, buzzy and humorous. At the same time, it is really good for wellbeing and relaxation. It is a 9-week autoflowering strain.

Group 4: The Blues

This is a broad category for any strain crossed with Blueberry. You can grow Blueberry itself, which is one of my favorites or any of the dozens of crosses that have Blueberry in their lineage. A few growers have discussed growing Blueberry Headband (you could join the OG group below too) or the all-time classic, Blue Dream. This might help us find the best of the blueberries 😉.

Group 5: The OGs

This is another broad category for any strain crossed with OG Kush. The OGs are known for their strong earthy scent and powerful effect. The OG crosses are typically high THC and great tasting. Famous strains like Girl Scout Cookies and Headband have OG Kush in their lineage.

Group 6: The Bagseeds

Growing seeds of opportunity, chance and risk? Bagseeds are any seed that you find in your cannabis supply. They could be pure fire… the next GG4? But they could also be a real headache! The challenges are real but the potential glory is immense. This will be a fun group to watch 😉

Group 7: The Clones

For all the seedless growers! There will be many growers cutting clones on January 1st as the rest of us drop seeds. Clones present their own issues especially at first, so it will be fun to see how the whole group handles their clones and all the unique cloning processes.

Group 8: The Misfits

Have you gotten to this point and still don’t have a group? Well never fear, the “misfit” group is here! Any grower can grow any cannabis plant in the NYGC – if you don’t fit into one of the set groups above than wear the Misfit badge with pride 😊.

Buying Seeds for the NYGC?

If you plan to buy seeds for the NYGC (or any other grow), you can help support Coco for Cannabis and the NYGC by clicking through our links. You can bookmark these links for use later! There are no ads on Coco for Cannabis so this is one of our main streams of revenue. We appreciate your collaboration!

Seedsman

MSNL

Growers Choice Seeds

Crop King Seeds

Quebec Cannabis Seeds

I am Very Excited about the 2nd annual NYGC!!!

Grower Love

Let's Grow Together
ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/09/2019 6:21 pm SpencersHerbs and Spazmagi liked
+ Show 1 comments
  Anonymous
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows

I love it Dr C ,  great categories, great expansion and fantastic possibilities for so many varying grows. Im Excited as heck..   Grower Love. 🖖💚

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/09/2019 6:29 pm Californiakid, FurrySparkle, Dr Coco and 1 people liked
GroveGrower
Eminent Member
Practicing Grower

I will be growing 2 Seedsman Jack Herer  and 2 Barney’s Farm CBD Critical Cure.

This will be my 2nd indoor grow! I'm looking forward to seeing and learning what everyone else does with the Jack Herer. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/11/2019 12:00 pm Dr Coco liked

Please consider me for some of Kyle's seeds as well...  Signed up last month but think I missed the opportunity 🙁  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/12/2019 3:00 am Dr Coco liked
+ Show 2 comments
Chefomj
  Chefomj
Member Moderator
Expert Grower
Completed Grows

Hoping to run Kyle's gear but I have some freebies, autos, and bagseeds too. If I make 2 journals can I be in 2 groups?

Cannabis Grow Buddha Teaching Followers 12112019080134

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/12/2019 8:11 am Californiakid, FurrySparkle and Bubbles liked
+ Show 2 comments

Wooo! So Excited, I'm going to do a photo grow for the first time in over a year! Joining in our Group 1 testing the NERC with two lines, my trusted salts from hydro-gardens.com and some liquid nutes I got at this years Hemp Fiesta! Going to try to take more data in this one. Grower's Love all!

-Science will change it's Opinion based on New observations
ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/12/2019 10:49 am Dr Coco, Californiakid and Chefomj liked
Cannacine.man
Trusted Member
Cannabis Fan

I'm definitely running a blue strain. Blueberry is a favorite, but I let my wife decide to try and get her more excited and she decided blue bubbleberry by dready seeds from seedsman. Sounds delish honestly. If I change itll be to some basic blueberry.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/13/2019 10:16 pm Dr Coco liked
  Anonymous
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows

Hoping to have a few more interested in growing the Auto Pineapple Express alongside,  any grow setup obviously. This strain is one to savor for sure.  

Ordering my seeds via our link this weekend. 🖖💚

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2019 5:48 am Knut and Dr Coco liked
Page 1 / 3 Next