NYGC Misfits: Sour Diesel Earthbox 4th cycle
Soaked 1 seed of each~Sour D & GreenCrack Self, In BioAg FulHumix. 4 hrs. Hard to come up on genetics where I’m at. I gotta get these 2 sprouted. Can’t afford to lose ‘em. So I’m using PT method for a little more control. Then into solos for a short time.
GreenCrack Self background~ 1st off it was grower stress mistake. Nice sized branch split doing Lst and didn’t notice until next day. Too late to save her. (Pay attention!) So about 27 days into flower I notice some lower branches looking like they have been pollinated…Nanners coming from all the lowest node sites that I left flower on. Had to be there for atleast a few days, maybe more. Fuck!(Pay attention!)Gotta pick them off, I’ve come to far, can’t trash it. INSPECTOR GADGET the rest of the grow. Lol. Found Atleast 1 more everyday for a week and they finally stopped growing back on the lowest nodes. Was surprised when I only found 2 seeds in it. It never stopped producing tricomes and was one of the best tasting phenos of GC I’ve had. They all have that tropical skunk smell. But this one had Gas and vanilla along with that.
Not expecting anything, hoping for the best!
But I gotta pop it and see what happens! It’s been bugging me. And I learned a lot from that grow. Sorry it’s so long but if you can take anything from this or experienced similar situation. I’d love to hear it. And please remember Pay Attention! I will be! GrowersLove ~HappyRootz ~
So I finally upgraded my lighting. It took a while to save up for it, but I think it will be well worth it. Light looks Clean, & feels very durable. Great price for quality light. Let’s see how bright this baby Shines.
Getting a little crowded. I am going to chop down cover crop and do a little Defol. today. Those are some huge leaves. Will get measurement.
That’s better! It looks like a whole different plant with those huge leaves. I had to get a measurement pic with that. Chopped all the cover crop in half, and then took the cover crop trimmings and chopped finely. Put all of it on top of EB and top dressed with: 4 TBSP- Craft blend, 4 TBSP- Oyster shell flour, 4 TBSP- MontanaGrow Silica, Lightly scratched into surface to mix. Next I smothered all of that with 2” of CoWoCo castings and 1” of buildAflower. Put defoliated leaves on top of that. Top watered with 1/8 TSP Ful-Humix and 10ml FulPower to seal all together.
GC self was super tall in the solo. It was time for transplant just didn’t have time recently. But we got her into some new shoes. It is growing so much slower than the SourD. It just wanted to keep stretching. But the SD took off once in the EB. GCs transplanted into 2 gal pot. Media is a mix of peat, coco, compost, and castings. Something I had mixed up last year and had been sitting in tote. I hope it isn’t too strong. We shall see! Growers love.