Forum

NYGC Coco: ILGM Wedding Cake

farroutman2003
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
NYGC Coco: ILGM Wedding Cake

So, Happy New year everyone!

This year i'm growing Wedding Cake, seeds from ILGM.  They're in the water soaking as of midnight.

Cannabis Grow IMG 0413

They'll eventually be going into the 5x5 which is currently finishing a run of Tropicana Cookies.

Cannabis Grow IMG 0411

Cannabis Grow IMG 0412

Good luck with your grows everyone!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/31/2022 11:54 pm HappyCultivator and jtwo liked
+ Show 4 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
farroutman2003
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

So after 12 hours of soaking, gave them all a light tap with a finger and all sank.  Time for some paper towels and the heat mat.

Cannabis Grow IMG 0414

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/01/2023 10:45 am HappyCultivator liked
farroutman2003
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Well, it's been 30 hours give or take since putting them in the paper towels.  i had 2 fully cracked with a tap just starting to emerge this morning.  I gave them a spray of some 3 percent H2O2 to keep the top towel moist and put them back in their heat chamber.  I do this since it's in the 20's outside, just gives them that little bit more of insulation to keep that temp where i want it around 80-82f.  So off to work i went...  Came home and checked and we have 4 out of 4 tap roots.  Not that i'm complaining... but i really didn't want to grow 4.  Oh well.  We'll see how seedling stage goes, a lot can happen.

Cannabis Grow IMG 0415

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/02/2023 3:30 pm HappyCultivator liked
+ Show 1 comments
farroutman2003
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

so after 1 seed procrastinating a little bit, finally all 4 above ground and first set of leaves visible.

Cannabis Grow IMG 0422

Cannabis Grow IMG 0423

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/04/2023 2:40 pm bloom liked
+ Show 1 comments
farroutman2003
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Well, i'm pretty sure i mixed up my bottles and accidently gave my seedlings some nutes instead of just water.  Looking burnt to me.  If i did, it was a pretty light mix of nutes.  So we'll just wait and see what happens.  3 out of 4 showing signs they got burnt.  but still growing.

Cannabis Grow IMG 0425
Cannabis Grow IMG 0424

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/07/2023 2:48 pm HappyCultivator liked
+ Show 2 comments
farroutman2003
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Looks like they all survived the little burn they got.  some slight battle wounds but new growth is nice and green.

Cannabis Grow IMG 0436

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/10/2023 7:26 pm HappyCultivator and Knut liked
+ Show 3 comments
farroutman2003
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Sooooooo....

Shortly after these pictures, like a day... these 4 plants took a serious down turn.  Every single leaf was yellow/brown.  Not being sure what happened, i attempted to flush them out with just about every gallon of water i had.  Then waited... and waited... and hoped, and did some more waiting.  As leaves started to turn brown and crispy, i had almost gave up.  Knowing i was only keeping 2, i looked for the 2 best... LOL it wasn't obvious as the only green leaves on any of them were the 2 top leaves on each plant.   So i knew there was a chance... all i needed.

Cannabis Grow IMG 0466

Cannabis Grow IMG 0465

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/04/2023 6:11 am
farroutman2003
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Here we are today, after 2 months...

Cannabis Grow IMG 0481
Cannabis Grow IMG 0482

I nursed them for a week or so after the flush.  Still not knowing what had gone wrong.  My best chance at the time was to get them into their final pots so i can water from the resevoir with nice consitent water.  When transplanting, all the roots seemed fine, so proceded with the transplant.

Started out nice and light on the nutes, brought the lights way down to about 25 percent and went from there.  Growth started back up, slowly but surely they got to a point where i could see they were starting to be happy again.  Trimmed off all the bad stuff since i had some actual green growing again.  Here we are 2 weeks after.   Kind of bushy but i want to get them nice and strong before i trim too much.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/04/2023 7:13 am HappyCultivator liked
+ Show 1 comments