PTGC Misfits: Grandpa Grows - Health Recovery Grow

Helidoc
  Helidoc
Esteemed Member Group Leader
Known Grower
Completed Grows
PTGC Misfits: Grandpa Grows - Health Recovery Grow

Friends,

Started this journal over here if you want to read the beginning. Grandpa Grows – Health Recovery Grow – Grow Journals – Coco For Cannabis Forum Dropped 16 seeds on the 31st all are autos so this should be an interesting ride. Thanks to all that are following, this grow is mainly to help me recover and to keep me focused.

Peace!

Grower Love!!

Cannabis Grow IMG 4331
Cannabis Grow IMG 4323

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/13/2022 12:44 am CrackBabies, HappyCultivator, Heyron420 and 2 people liked
Helidoc
  Helidoc
Known Grower
Completed Grows

Ok dropped a photo seed of Purple Punch in a solo cup. Never did a complete grow in one so this will be a first. 🙂

Peace!

Grower Love!!

Cannabis Grow IMG 4336
Cannabis Grow IMG 4337

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/13/2022 1:16 am CrackBabies, TheInsideDope, HappyCultivator and 4 people liked
+ Show 6 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
Helidoc
  Helidoc
Known Grower
Completed Grows

New life in a solo cup and a new pipe:

Well, the purple punch in the solo cup popped. Just dropped it in the cup with some coco and gave it some baby food 🙂

Which reminds me of a moment I just have to share. Most of my service buddies that I grow for are over 200 miles away from me (makes suppling fun), so I got the wild assed Idea to give my spare 8x4 and some equipment (old school lighting etc.) to one of them and attempt to help him in learning to grow (he's mirroring the strains I'm growing from a seed swap). Well, when it came to the solo cup, I gave him a jingle yesterday to check on how he was doing with it... He placed a seed in a solo cup and gave it baby food and was wondering why nothing was happening. It was then that I reminded him it could take 7 to 10 days to see anything pop above the surface... the phone became so silent you could hear a pin drop when he uttered... "I was supposed to put soil in the cup too?" It was at that moment this Army Vet just chuckled and told his Marine Vet buddy to stop eating crayons and put some dirt in the cup! We're still laughing over it.

Picked up a new pipe, dropped one of my last ones... with things being as they are I should look into something other tan glass.

Peace!

Grower Love!!

Cannabis Grow IMG 4344
Cannabis Grow IMG 4343
Cannabis Grow IMG 4292

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/17/2022 10:10 am CrackBabies, HappyCultivator, TheInsideDope and 4 people liked
+ Show 7 comments
Helidoc
  Helidoc
Known Grower
Completed Grows

Time to make the coco:

Well, spent most of the day rehydrating bricks of coco and rinsing them out. If you haven't yet seen it there is an excellent guide to the process that can be found here: Coco Coir Bricks - How to Prepare and Buffer Coco Coir - Coco For Cannabis 

Next up the marathon buffering run over the next few days... 🙂

Peace!

Grower Love!!

Cannabis Grow IMG 4348
Cannabis Grow IMG 4350
Cannabis Grow IMG 4355
Cannabis Grow IMG 4354

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/18/2022 7:26 pm HappyCultivator, CrackBabies, Heyron420 and 3 people liked
+ Show 4 comments
Helidoc
  Helidoc
Known Grower
Completed Grows

A fast move and buffering day.

Lost a fan in the 5x5 today and had to quickly finish up the big tent and get everyone moved, fun stuff 🤨 

Managed to get that done and started on buffering, thanks @roudy420 for the suggestion modified what I had to mix the two methods 🙂

Found an old tower fan (stashed in a closet) that I was able to tear down and clean up, so finished up the 5x5 and will get another at a later date.

Peace!

Grower Love!!

Cannabis Grow IMG 4359
Cannabis Grow IMG 4360
Cannabis Grow IMG 4363

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/19/2022 2:33 pm HappyCultivator, CrackBabies, OldWoman and 4 people liked
+ Show 8 comments
Helidoc
  Helidoc
Known Grower
Completed Grows

The missing cup and size 13 Huey gunships for feet 💣 💣 😲 

Well clumsy me was being Mr. Graceful I managed to trip over my own two big a%$ feet, with my huge caboose landing squarely on the poor girl. Sadly, she didn't stand any chance of survival 😦

Her sister, bless her soul, had to watch in horror as these events unfolded 😱 

I can't decide if she's mad at me or not... 😲 

Just in case I stay out of the shop for now during lights out 🤣 🤣 🤣 

Thoughts?

Peace!

Grower Love!!

p.s. will post more pics later it's been a week ... 🙂

Cannabis Grow dog
Cannabis Grow IMG 4464

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2022 4:56 pm KAPT_SAVE_Da_HO, Heyron420, OldWoman and 2 people liked
+ Show 4 comments
Helidoc
  Helidoc
Known Grower
Completed Grows

Dipping my toe in social media and then there were four. 🙄 😲  

So, I decided to try out a few platforms to post in, tried out Helidoc's LZ YouTube
also tried Helidoc's Instagram check them out if you have time, warning though old man with a hat on time! 🤣 🤣 🤣

Well after the initial stages of growth I ended up culling most, I'm down to 4 of the strongest plants. 😱 😱

Also the ladies got a well deserved haircut(topped) 🧐 🧐 

This hasn't been my week for devises... after the fiasco with the tower fan I promptly had two back-to-back controller failures. I do have that Midas touch!! 🤬 🤬 🤬  

On another note, I've managed to drop four more (yes, I'm a glutton for punishment 🤪 🤪 🤪).

Two are Blue Dreams and Two are scopious, found these coco coir seedling cups that I'm trying out will see if that turns out to be another one of those "hold my joint moments" 😆 😆 😆

Currently debating on when and which pots to use for my last pot up, I swear it's like picking out new shoes... 😬 😬 😬 

Choices are 3-gal fabric 5-gal fabric or #5 Air-pots ... 🤔 🤔 🤔 

Thanks for reading my ramblings! 😊 

Peace!

Grower Love!!

Cannabis Grow IMG 4510
Cannabis Grow IMG 4509
Cannabis Grow IMG 4508
Cannabis Grow IMG 4507
Cannabis Grow IMG 4506
Cannabis Grow IMG 4484
Cannabis Grow IMG 4480
Cannabis Grow IMG 4474
Cannabis Grow IMG 4472
Cannabis Grow IMG 4468

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/06/2022 6:20 pm Heyron420, Tropa, KAPT_SAVE_Da_HO and 2 people liked
+ Show 7 comments
Helidoc
  Helidoc
Known Grower
Completed Grows

Ever take 4 teenage girls shopping? 😲 😲 😲 

I wouldn't recommend it, it's similar to trying to herd kittens! 🤪 🤪 🤪 

At my age, I'd rather revisit my days in the service! At least in a Huey, under fire, it was much quieter... 🤣 🤣 🤣 

Our adventures in shopping started off looking at shoes... 🤔 🤔 🤔

Needless to say, I wasn't needed... and of course I was paying for this little adventure, so I decided to take a nap. 😴 😴 😴

Well one thing led to another, I was woken up by a very intense conversation about hair styles, voodoo stuff to this old man with a hat on. 😛 😛 😛  

Ever watch a kitten chase a laser pointer? 😆 Well one of the bunch was like pied piper to the other three, spotted a salon across the way... 😲 I mean this was like trying to watch the Olympic sport curling, some voodoo stuff going through those minds... 🤔 🤔

Needless to say, the day ended up with new hairstyles (was summarily told men get haircuts and women get styles 😳) we never did get shoes... of course when it was all said and done and the hurricane, we call teenage girls, were home for the evening I was "informed" we needed to go back for shoes in a few days... 😱 😱 😱 

Did a bit of fimming today 🙂

Thanks for taking this journey with me!

Peace!

Grower Love!!

Cannabis Grow IMG 4526[1]
Cannabis Grow IMG 4525[1]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/07/2022 11:57 am Aotearoa N.Z. N, HappyCultivator, Soil Sheppard and 3 people liked
+ Show 10 comments
Helidoc
  Helidoc
Known Grower
Completed Grows

Apologies for not updating as much as I would have liked, the last few weeks have been busy with treatments and my energy levels have been low. 

They grow up so fast... 😱 😱 😱

Cannabis Grow IMG 4765[1]
Cannabis Grow IMG 4764[1]

Will post more on their progress later over the weekend.

Peace!

Grower Love!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/01/2022 6:36 am Heyron420, KAPT_SAVE_Da_HO and Tropa liked
+ Show 1 comments