Forum

SAFC Mephisto: Sour Grapes - "Pucker Up"

Noko
  Noko
Known Grower
SAFC Mephisto: Sour Grapes - "Pucker Up"

Hey guys, sorry i'm late to the party.

This will be my 3rd grow & my 3rd time growing with CFC but i have migrated over to this new account to avoid confusion.

I have decided to grow the freebies i received with my order (the ones I was hoping for), Sour Grapes (Sour Stomper x Double Grape). I scuffed and dropped each seed into a glass for a 3 hour soak starting at 3:30pm, with all seeds, tools and water brought up to 30c  in my proofing box. These are my first ever autos and first ever fem seeds so i'm quite looking forward to this one. I run the CFC schedule & follow most of the sites suggestions so you can expect my numbers to be pretty consistent with the charts.

Happy to be joining you guys! Grower love.

💣 🌻

Cannabis Grow  MG 9440
Cannabis Grow  MG 9445

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/24/2020 3:11 pm Kung fu Kush, Ausbucket461, SuperLyme and 2 people liked
+ Show 2 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
Noko
  Noko
Known Grower

Well I've had quite the shit start. Looking to be more of a Summer Auto Flower Challenge at this point.  I lost 3/5 Sour Grapes & I'm super bummed about it. I had soaked the 5th and final one to replace one of the seeds that stopped short at a 1mm taproot, the other 2 had germed quite exceptionally but quickly died when the cotyledons refused to open, eventually withering black. So one is a few days behind but the 2 living plants seem fairly healthy, I am very impressed with the speed they are shooting roots out of jiffies, and yesterday i transplanted both into solos pre-fertigated with the cfc seedling blend 450ec ph 6.3.

Cannabis Grow IMG 9534
Cannabis Grow  MG 9536

Decided to pop 2 Sour Crack's to try and hit my plant limit of 4 but i fear I may have another couple duds on my hands, 1 seems to be stuck again with a 1mm taproot and the other is a rock, refusing to even crack. So again I am trying to pop another 2 Sour Crack's. This time I'm using Mephisto's germination guide because quite frankly I'm completely lost on what to do. Seeds placed in 4 pieces of folded toilet paper inside a dvd case, sprayed with water, sealed & wrapped in a t-shirt. Placed inside proofing box at 28c.

With the gap in days already so large and attempting to use an auto system to fertigate for the first time I must say I am quite worried about the differences in start date, flower time and strain specific needs of each plant while working from a single reservoir.

Current Plant Count: 2

Seeds TBD: 4

Total Seed Count: 9

Confirmed Dead / Value Lost: 3 / $21

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/06/2020 12:38 pm Knut and Ausbucket461 liked
+ Show 3 comments
Noko
  Noko
Known Grower

Both of the Sour Grapes seem to be doing well, although one is definitely different. I topped the oldest to the 3rd node on the 19th and it responded really well. I have been pretty neglectful of monitoring humidity and i think I'm slowing them down quite a bit. The living sour crack is having some issues so I will be mixing a calmag foliar to try and help it along.

Cannabis Grow IMG 9684
Cannabis Grow IMG 9668
Cannabis Grow IMG 9672

Current Plant Count: 3

Confirmed Dead / Value Lost: 6 / ~$42

Side Note: I germinated a single seed of each of the remaining Mephisto strains in my catalogue along with 4 Black Garlic regular seeds in a bit of a hybrid method between meph/cfc. This resulted in 100% germination on the Mephisto seeds and a 50% germination on the regulars. After a lot of fussing i'm ready to chop it up to some bad luck as well as a solid learning experience

Cannabis Grow IMG 9679

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/21/2020 7:29 pm Knut, Cannavore and smotpoker liked
+ Show 3 comments
smotpoker
Honorable Member CfC Advisor
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

Who you actin crazy with esè ...don chu kno im noko!

Life's a garden, dig it, make it work for you.~ JoeDirt
ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/22/2020 7:30 am Noko and Ausbucket461 liked
Noko
  Noko
Known Grower

Sorry about the lack of updates on here, stuff has been weird but I should have taken the time to update everyone.

The 2 Sour Grapes are flowering in the tent under a single 240w qb. I'm flowering both in 3L pots so runoff during flower is really a battle. Still waiting on my drain pump replacement before I can get anything on a drip system so 3 hand fertigatons is all they'll get unfortunately. Both are manifolds, topped twice but no training done to them.

Still on early bloom nutes, trying to work on adapting the nutrient schedule to the stage of the plant as opposed to strictly age.

Cannabis Grow  MG 9828
Cannabis Grow  MG 9836
Cannabis Grow  MG 9835

I need to do better on here, & that's on me. Thanks everyone for sticking with me & keeping me motivated.

Grower Love 💣 🌻 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/16/2020 3:47 pm Knut, smotpoker, siscoweb and 2 people liked
+ Show 1 comments