Forum

You have heard about Edibles. How about Drinkables!

Page 2 / 2 Prev

The ¡AOC! Cocktail is, of course, named after the illustrious bartender (and member of Congress from the Bronx) Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez. It is a variation on an old cocktail called a Bronx Terrace. Make a Bronx Terrace, except add some cannabitters, and garnish with a twist of lime instead. Why a twist of lime? Because I don't have any cherries and I didn't think AOC would mind. This is not a sweet drink, but it really grows on you.

Cannabis Grow IMG 6988

¡AOC!

• 60 ml (2 oz) Gin
  • 30 ml (1 oz) Dry Vermouth
  • 10 ml (2 tsp) Lime juice (1/2 a small lime)
  • 1 ml cannabitters

Chill a cocktail glass with ice and water. Dump the ice and water from the  glass, moisten the rim with the lime, and dip the glass in the salt to salt the rim. Shake the other ingredients well with  ice and carefully strain the cocktail into the glass. Garnish with a twist of  lime. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/26/2020 4:09 pm
+ Show 1 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal

This is a variation on the Santana Sling. I named this one in honor of Hall of Fame guitarist turned weed entrepreneur, Carlos Santana. As he says, “Cannabis is a window or a door to different awareness of consciousness.” This one's for you, Carlos!

Cannabis Grow IMG 7007

Carlos Santana Sling

• 45 ml (1-1/2 oz) Reposado Tequila
  • 15 ml (1/2 oz) Cherry Heering
  • 15 ml (1/2 oz) Rye Whiskey
  • 15 ml (1/2 oz) Lime juice
  • 2 ml cannabitters
  • 90 ml  (3 oz) Ginger beer

Fill a Collins glass with ice. Add the first 5 ingredients and stir well. Add the ginger beer and stir gently to mix. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/28/2020 4:35 pm FraggleRock liked

Rikki Don't Lose That Number? That's what you  get when you combine the ideas behind a tequila sunrise, a dark and stormy, a lime rickey, a classic Steely Dan song, and cannabitters.

Cannabis Grow IMG 7030

Rikki Don't Lose That Number

• 60 ml (2 oz) Bourbon Whiskey
  • 15 ml (1/2 oz) Lime juice
  • 10 ml (2 tsp) Grenadine Syrup
  • 90 ml  (3 oz) Ginger beer
  • 10-15 drops cannabitters
  • wedge of lime

Fill a low-ball glass with ice. Pour in the ginger beer. Slowly pour in the grenadine along the edge of the glass so it settles to the  bottom. Pour or squeeze in the  lime juice. Carefully float the bourbon on top of the ginger beer. Add the cannabitters drop-by-drop to make a dank sheen on the surface. Garnish with lime wedge.

Note: You may want to stir this up before you  drink it,  unless you  really want to sip the THC and bourbon off the top first!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/30/2020 4:19 pm Ausbucket461 liked

Sour Licorice Diesel. This cocktail has a strong anise flavor (the flavor people associate with licorice) from the absinthe, oily-diesel under-notes from the tequila, and wonderful citrus from the lemon oil in the twist, with just a hint of fizzy sweetness from the orange dry soda. @Ausbucket461 in the chatroom suggested Sour LD as a name. Since I am growing Sour Diesel right now, that sounded right to me. I'll have to remember to make some cannabitters from the sour diesel trim in a few weeks and see how that tastes in this drink.

Cannabis Grow IMG 7193

Sour LD

• 50 ml (a generous 1-1/2 oz) Tequila Reposado
  • 15 ml (1/2 oz) Absinthe
  • 2.5 ml (50 drops) Cannabitters from trim
  • About 65 ml  (2+ oz) dry orange soda (around here, Polar Orange Dry, but Orangina would work too)
  • twist of lemon

Stir the first 3 ingredients with ice. Strain into a tall, thin glass. Add the orange dry. Garnish with a lemon twist. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/14/2020 4:17 pm Rusty and Ausbucket461 liked

Espresso Speed Ball. @InOrbit suggested in the chatroom that a poor man's speed ball would be cold brew coffee with cannabis extract. I'm still working on perfecting a good homemade cold brew recipe, but in the meantime, here's one made with espresso.

Cannabis Grow IMG 7255

Espresso Speed Ball

• Espresso, double shot
  • Whole milk
  • 10 drops first-press cannabitters from flower
  • Sugar (optional)

Fill a glass with ice. Add the cannabitters. Pour the espresso over the ice. Stir in milk to fill the glass. Add sugar to taste. Stir well.

I specified "first-press" because I am experimenting with multiple pressings and different extraction times to vary the alcohol-soluble cannabinoid content for effect and water-soluble terpene content for flavor. I am also working on extracting with lower alcohol percentages for those in countries without access to 95% grain alcohol. Once I have them perfected, I'll post the new techniques!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/19/2020 11:32 am Chefomj liked

Captain Jack Sparrow. There is a similar drink called "Riley's Sparrow." This one is named in honor of Johnny Depp's infamous character in the film The Curse of the Black Pearl. Depp was recently (July 2020) the topic of many scandal sheets when he admitting to providing his 13-year-old daughter with a small amount of cannabis, so she could learn about it safely at home in a secure environment instead of experimenting with weed from an unknown source at a teen party. That's responsible parenting in my book.

Drink enough of these, however, and you too will be asking, "But why is the rum gone?"

Cannabis Grow IMG 7512

Captain Jack Sparrow

• 45 ml (1 1/2 oz) Spiced Dark Rum (I use The Kraken, but Captain Morgan or Goslings would also work)
  • 15 ml (1/2 oz) Bourbon Whiskey
  • 5-10 ml (1/4 oz) fresh lime juice
  • 5-10 ml (1/4 oz) raspberry or cherry bourbon or other berry  juice or liqueur
  • 15 drops first-press cannabitters from flower
  • 2 shakes angostura bitters
  • raspberries or cherry

Add liquid ingredients to a mixing glass half-filled with ice and stir well. Strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with fruit.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/04/2020 3:50 pm Rusty liked

Camillo Negroni is supposedly the originator of the Negroni, when he asked the bartender at the Caffe Casoni in Florence, Italy in 1919 to make him an Americano with gin instead of soda water. The classic Negroni is equal parts of gin, sweet vermouth, and Campari bitters. I tried it. It wasn't to my taste. So, I've been trying all sorts of different combinations to find one that I like. And of course, one that is dank. I think I finally have it! And so, I present to you, the Camillo.

Cannabis Grow IMG 8746

Camillo

• 45 ml (1 1/2 oz) Gin (Bombay Sapphire seems to work well)
  • 25 ml (3/4 oz) Sweet Vermouth (Carpano Antica, or other quality sweet vermouth)
  • 25 ml (3/4 oz) Campari bitters
  • 1 ml cannabitters from dried flower
  • orange twist

Shake Stir ingredients with ice, strain into a chilled cocktail glass, and twist an orange peel into the glass. [Added note: see the comments for why I've changed this to stirred, rather than shaken. Note the cloudiness of the drink in the photo is due to shaking incorporating air bubbles and tiny ice bits.]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/31/2020 5:12 pm
+ Show 2 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal

Thanks to @ChefOMJ for mentioning this article about people who apparently are unable to get high from cannabis that is ingested instead of inhaled: https://bit.ly/3olAqXa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/15/2021 5:21 pm Chefomj and Rusty liked
Page 2 / 2 Prev

Make a new post

Maximum allowed file size is 10 MB