Forum

PTGC Mainlines: Putang (F) by Mass Medical Strains

MissMyrcene
Eminent Member CfC Advisor
Known Grower
PTGC Mainlines: Putang (F) by Mass Medical Strains

Silly me! Almost forgot to journal! Let’s see how this girl grows up. (Second grow, let’s hope I don’t mess this up XD)

I am beyond excited - I finally get to participate in one of Doc’s challenges! I can’t wait to see what others are growing!

Cannabis Grow E73178E1 A3CD 472D AE7C 8061BA1A1C80

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/20/2020 10:11 pm ReyAtarax, ExpatGrowing, MichelangeloGrows and 5 people liked
+ Show 5 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
MissMyrcene
Known Grower

Welp...life really bogged me down. I thought that I would be able to keep up with my seedlings while I moved homes but HA! That was more difficult than I imagined it could be. My little Miss Putang suffered from my inadequate attention. As a seedling she was quite unhappy.

On September 19, she looked like this (mind you, this is about a month from germination!):

Cannabis Grow IMG 0425 2

I know! I KNOW!!! Bad mommy.

So things eventually settled down, and I finally was able to focus on my poor plants. Now the interesting part is that she's been growing but I noticed something different about her.

Cannabis Grow IMG 0786

Cannabis Grow IMG 2125

Cannabis Grow IMG 2795 2

Cannabis Grow IMG 2796
Cannabis Grow IMG 2797 2

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/30/2020 2:33 pm Chefomj liked
MissMyrcene
Known Grower

Since my disastrous PTGC start set me back by many weeks, I decided to go ahead and accept some clones from a friend. I picked up four - Sundae Driver, Motor Breath, Black Diamond, and Mars Alien Cookie.

Cannabis Grow IMG 0457

Now, I'm pretty sure that I am super late to run the Putang as my PTGC so these guys are taking over in spirit. It's been  strange growing from clones. This is my first time working with them and training was not as simple. I find that I much prefer the symmetry of plants grown from seeds. I had to reach out to Doc MJ and ask what to do! I may have waited a bit long before reaching out, so the plants got a teensy unruly. Here is the Mars before Doc explained what I was supposed to do:

Cannabis Grow IMG 1607

And after:

Cannabis Grow IMG 1867 2

I vegged her for @ 4.5 weeks. She is now on day 8 of flower.

Cannabis Grow IMG 2860

Manifolding involved me counting over and over...1,2,3,4,5,6 nodes on each branch 😛 Once I gained the hang of it though, I began to see the reasoning behind the method. Eliminate tips from 1 and 2, keep 3, bye bye 4, five you're alive, 6 and on stay. I'd like to think that I managed (finally!) the training well enough by this point that she will do okay in flower.

Should I keep journaling this grow here? Since these weren't my intended plants? Oh! I forgot to mention, the flower tent is also under a new fixture! The Mars SP-3000! I feel like this light is rocking the tent hard, but alas...I've only had the one prior grow with the HLG288 V2 Rspec/GSC ES300. I could swear that these plants absolutely love this light though!

Another peculiarity...let me preface - this time around, I've added Recharge and Mammoth P. I mention this because I  am not sure if they are impacting uptake in any way. I'm following Doc's schedule, even though I do not use GH nutes. Inflow is @1200-1250 EC while outflow has consistently been between 425-525ish the past 7-10 days. I'm not observing any deficiencies, the plants look healthy...while I'm not overly concerned, I'd at least like to learn the reasoning behind this phenomena.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/30/2020 3:02 pm Oldbay and CrackBabies liked
MissMyrcene
Known Grower

I still can’t decide on where to top Putang. So I took the easy way out and supercropped the two branches that she split into.

On one side, she looks to have three growth tips at a node. And then pretty close by there’s a node with a single tip. It repeats like that, 3...1...3. On the other branch, it’s normal - two tips per node.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/01/2020 7:54 pm ReyAtarax and Chefomj liked
+ Show 1 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal