PTGC Mainlines: KanaGirls FIRST Mainline

Page 1 / 2 Next
KanaGirl
(@kanagirl)
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Hi Everyone,

This is going to be my FIRST Challenge, AND my FIRST mainline grow.  Looking forward to learning with and from everyone 🤩 

Popped the seeds in water on August 24th (late), most have started to sprout - so popped them in jiffy pots to finish germinating.  Will update with photos tomorrow 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/26/2020 4:46 pm FurrySparkle, smotpoker, ExpatGrowing and 1 people liked
+ Show 3 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
KanaGirl
(@kanagirl)
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Here are my girls as of today!  I am WAY BEHIND 🙁

Cannabis Grow transplants

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/16/2020 4:46 pm ExpatGrowing liked
+ Show 1 comments
KanaGirl
(@kanagirl)
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

DUPLICATE

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/24/2020 4:42 pm
KanaGirl
(@kanagirl)
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

OK, so I'm behind on updating this journal, but I ran into a little problem.  

I have 5 plants growing, 4 weeks in. 3 of my plants are about a week ahead, so those were topped about 4 days ago. I think they got stressed, because 2 of them (both Afghan Kush) are having issues. The other 3 (including one that was topped) look fine - no leaf issues and watering with the same reservoir - ph in and out is right around 6.1. I'm growing in coco, with Botanicare nutes. I've charged Canna Coco prior to transplant with cal/mag, and have been using cal/mag every watering.

I mistakenly left the lights too bright for one day after I topped, and then woke up to this. Based on photos, it looks like PH issues, but I tested and retested ph of res and it's 6.1. Temp and humidity are spot on at 75 degrees and 65% humidity. Any ideas? Could it be light burn? Stress?? Or does Afghan Kush require more of some nutrient??

Last photo is of my GDP which I haven't topped yet - looking nice and green, no leaf issues. I'm stumped!!

Cannabis Grow 20200924 130540
Cannabis Grow 20200924 130526
Cannabis Grow 20200924 130550
Cannabis Grow 20200922 132636
Cannabis Grow 20200922 132659
Cannabis Grow 20200924 175345

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/24/2020 4:44 pm ExpatGrowing liked
+ Show 9 comments
KanaGirl
(@kanagirl)
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Happy to report all the girls are back on track and doing GREAT!  I've only done the first topping so far, 3 of my bigger plants should get 2nd topping by end of the week.  The other 2 (which were started later), will probably need at least another week!

I'm really enjoying this "mainline" training.  It's right up my alley since I'm totally OCD 🤣 

Cannabis Grow 20200930 151430

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/30/2020 4:16 pm
+ Show 3 comments
KanaGirl
(@kanagirl)
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Quick update on the ladies.  I was able to do 2nd topping today on only one of my 5 plants.  I believe I will be able to top 2 more in 1-2 days, the node is still pretty tight, so I don't want to risk losing the sites.  

I am thinking that this one OG Kush plant (back left) is really tall and lanky, especially for an Indica dominant.  It seems to be growing OK, roots all poking out the air nets, but nodes are spaced quite far apart, and leaves always seem a little floppy and pale.  I thought at first maybe it was a little overwatered, and maybe needed some more food, but even letting her dry out a bit, leaves still seem floppy.  Color has gotten a little more green the past few days, so hopeful she'll be fine. 

I pulled some growth tips off today from the 1st node, but now I'm thinking I should have topped at that node since she's so much taller than the other 4 plants that are are about the same size.  BUT... not sure if topping at the 1st instead of the 3rd would have had any detrimental effects.  I still have the growth tips on the 2nd node.  Does anyone see any issues with topping after the 2nd node instead of the 3rd?  

I'm used to watering coco only when it starts to feel on the light side.  I feel like the plants seem to do better this way.  When I was watering daily, they seemed like they were having issues (especially the OG Kush).  I was even getting algae growth on the top of the media.  What am I doing wrong here - I see most of you are watering 2-3 times a day.  How much water is being fed in each of these fertigations?  Are you feeding to run off each of those fertigation events??  

A couple pics of the girls today 😉

Cannabis Grow 20201002 161946
Cannabis Grow 20201002 161934

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/02/2020 5:22 pm Chefomj and CrackBabies liked
+ Show 13 comments
KanaGirl
(@kanagirl)
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

@chefomj I have one more quick question... does it matter all that much WHICH node I do the toppings at?  I mistakenly miscounted the nodes on one of the plants I topped and it was 4th node - not 3rd, and I also chopped one at 2nd node instead of 3rd because the plant is already much taller than my other plants in the tent.  I've read that topping at odd nodes is better, but I'm not sure why or if it's even true.  What do you think?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/03/2020 5:13 pm
+ Show 4 comments
KanaGirl
(@kanagirl)
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Girls are doing great, I have now done 2nd topping on all of them.  Wondering if I should be pulling some of these large fan leaves.  I have pulled a few HUGE ones, bigger than my hand, but just wondering if leaving all these fans on is helpful or should I be removing them? 

My drainage is GREAT!! These are in a sort of soft net pot within the white buckets.  There are bumps on the bottom of the bucket and the slightly tilt to the drainage side, where I have pvc piping going to a condensate pump that has a float valve and automatically will push water to my floor drain.  I haven't yet installed the watering manifolds because I prefer to hand water when the plants are smaller, but will be installing very soon.  

I try to have my tent as automated as possible - I am running AC infinity exhaust fan with carbon filter, and have automated high/low temp and humidity settings.  My humidifier has an automated humidistat, so just set and forget.  My lights/fans are on timers, and I have a dehumidifier outside the tent in a lung room that is also automated.  Once I have the watering manifolds installed, the only part of my grow that won't be automated is the reservoir.

I added a little Liquid Karma to my last feeding, and plants seemed to grow overnight.  Fan leaves are getting out of control - LOL 🙂

Cannabis Grow 20201005 144258

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2020 1:42 pm galandil, siscoweb, gardenwitch and 1 people liked
+ Show 2 comments
KanaGirl
(@kanagirl)
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Duplicate post

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/16/2020 6:20 pm
KanaGirl
(@kanagirl)
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Time for an update!  Girls are doing GREAT, I've completed all three toppings, installed manifolds for automated watering, and installed cages.  Everything is dialed in, plants are growing rapidly.  I'd like to flip in the next 2 weeks.  

Unfortunately 2 younger plants are a bit behind in height, hoping they will catch up soon.  I am truly LOVING mainlining 😍  

Cannabis Grow 20201016 164328
Cannabis Grow 20201016 164257
Cannabis Grow 20201016 164308

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/16/2020 6:27 pm siscoweb, galandil, Chefomj and 2 people liked
KanaGirl
(@kanagirl)
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

@chefomj can you help me with what I'm supposed to be doing now that the mainlines are built?  I know once these top colas are above the rings, I will secure them around the ring.  However, what type of continued defoliation do I need to do?  Based on nugbuckets threads, after the mainline is complete, there isn't much info on what to do with new growth?  Thanks in advance 😉 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/18/2020 10:50 am siscoweb liked
+ Show 1 comments
KanaGirl
(@kanagirl)
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

@chefomj These are the tips I'm referring to.  Some are just beneath my main, some are a few inches down each main

Cannabis Grow 20201018 144003
Cannabis Grow 20201018 144020

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/18/2020 7:01 pm
+ Show 3 comments
KanaGirl
(@kanagirl)
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Quick update.  Girls are coming along nicely.  Cleaned up lower canopy, pinched new budsites popping up along the main branches.  Getting ready to flip on Friday 👏

Cannabis Grow 20201022 001730
Cannabis Grow 20201022 001800

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/21/2020 10:19 pm siscoweb, gardenwitch, galandil and 1 people liked
KanaGirl
(@kanagirl)
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Flipped on 10/23

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/31/2020 5:05 pm
KanaGirl
(@kanagirl)
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Here are the girls exactly one week since flip.  Got a nice stretch this week, approximately a foot taller.  Defoliated quite a few side branches and fan leaves not getting much light.  Transitioned to bloom nutes, EC up from 1100 to 1300

Cannabis Grow 20201030 223817
Cannabis Grow 20201031 190213

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/31/2020 5:24 pm HiFlyin77, FurrySparkle, galandil and 1 people liked
+ Show 5 comments
Page 1 / 2 Next