Forum

PTGC Mainlines: #43 Wifi and Do Se Do hybrid

Page 1 / 2 Next
ExpatGrowing
Esteemed Member
Cannabis Fan
PTGC Mainlines: #43 Wifi and Do Se Do hybrid

Because of the crazy state of the USA and no heat in my summer home, I find myself returned to the house in Bulgaria and the DH.  After a week of jet lag, I wondered what I could do to take up my time while waiting to return to the USA.  Hmm, time to put up my tent and start yet another crop. 

Seeds: I will be growing #43, which is a cross of Do Se do and wifi along with I hope some Skywalker kush. Both feminized of course.  I picked these because they both have a 9 week grow time.  

Set UP: 6 X 6 Tent, with forced air in and a scrubber, two Mars Hydro reflector 144 2X4,  daisy chained lamps, growing in Coco and I will hook up the auto watering system later.

Nutrients: GHE hardwater floral Series, which is now called T.A TriArt.  I am also using their cal mag. Start up is by Plagron.  

PH is doing fine because of the hard water nutrients

Watering: Hand water to start, auto on timer will be set up.

Fans: AC Infinity quiet fans for both intake and scrubber

Scrubber: Terra Bloom 400 CFM charcoal scrubber with 6 inch exhaust.

Right now all the Skywaler are in the coco and only 1 of the hybrid.  She is going to be a problem already.  Good luck and lets have some fun growing and topping.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/24/2020 7:58 am ReyAtarax and FurrySparkle liked
+ Show 2 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
ExpatGrowing
Esteemed Member
Cannabis Fan

I really expected issues with my designer seeds not the skywalker, yet here we are darling.  I put two more skywalker seeds into shot glasses until they sank. They transferred to the paper towel and plates in the grow room which is warmer than other in our house.  This moring I put two new babies into solo cups.  Yes I go right into the cups and start fert them but at a max of 600 ppm.  Today I had to make more bottle of mix which starts with a 10 L bottle of water which I get to about 6.0 ph, then I use that to fill up two 2L bottles and I make the food for the plants.  I am using GHE, Cal Mag, along with starter for now.  I will continue the started for about a week.  

I have the original 3 plants and now the 2 to catch up.  I wanted to only do 4 but at the price of seeds, I didn't want to kill the plant.  Who knows what may happen to them???  

Good growing, Expat

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/29/2020 4:11 am
ExpatGrowing
Esteemed Member
Cannabis Fan

I have finally gotten a few photos this afternoon of the tent set up and the new babies.

Cannabis Grow IMG 2187
Cannabis Grow IMG 2189
Cannabis Grow IMG 2186
Cannabis Grow IMG 2188
Cannabis Grow IMG 2191
Cannabis Grow IMG 2190
Cannabis Grow IMG 2184

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/29/2020 4:45 am Jayz613 liked
+ Show 2 comments
ExpatGrowing
Esteemed Member
Cannabis Fan

This is so weird!  I believe I have twins.  When you look at the first pictures of my plants, the cup on the right has the double plants from one seed. When it sprouted I saw two tails and assumed one would die off.  Yet right now I have to tiny plants from only one seed.  Is this twins?  Have you seen it before?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/30/2020 3:32 am
+ Show 2 comments
ExpatGrowing
Esteemed Member
Cannabis Fan

Nothing much going on today in the grow room.  The 3 plants that started are growing well, I have the new babies one being twins.  Today I also planted Basil in one of my air pots and I will cat nip tomorrow in a felt pot.  This tent will have a bit of fun for us, and fun for the cat too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/31/2020 6:51 am Jayz613 liked
ExpatGrowing
Esteemed Member
Cannabis Fan

Having problems with posting, sorry for this.  I got it right below.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2020 1:33 am
ExpatGrowing
Esteemed Member
Cannabis Fan

I don't have much to post for today.  The plants are growing.  It is obvious by the size that I had to start some extra seeds.  Today I struggled with getting the PH correct.  I am using hard water GHE this time and it lowers the PH more than I expected. So it was about 20 minutes trying to get my nuits up to 500-600 for the wee ones.  

My twin is not so good. One is doing great and growing the other has not done a thing.  I was told it would die off.  I am thinking of pinching it off so the energy can go into growing the strong plant.

I have added photos of the seeds containers that I picked to grow, my GHE nutrients, spray bottles and my intake fan.  I found paperwork on the lights and they are Mars Hydro Reflector 144.  I have two of them and they are 2X4.

Cannabis Grow IMG 2197
Cannabis Grow IMG 2201
Cannabis Grow IMG 2183
Cannabis Grow IMG 2182

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2020 3:23 am
ExpatGrowing
Esteemed Member
Cannabis Fan

For fun I thought you would like to see the hedgehogs I feed each night.  They live in the wild and come to my garden to eat the food I put out.

Cannabis Grow IMG 2192

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2020 3:30 am HiFlyin77 liked
ExpatGrowing
Esteemed Member
Cannabis Fan

Delete

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/02/2020 12:50 am
ExpatGrowing
Esteemed Member
Cannabis Fan

Good Morning Growers,

For my party cup I am going to use the twin Skywalker because it is in clear blue cup to see the root system.  It is already challenged by the twin factor so she will be good for this party.  

Today the plants looks good with a bit of curl to the leaves so I am spraying with CalMag.  I replaced the timer today as it was not going off at 6 am unless I pressed down.  Glad to have an extra in the house.  The basil is planted but not germinating yet.  Today I will plant cat grass for the kitties.  I hope to have a nice balance in the grow tent.

With the 9 weeks grow time, I hope I can flip when everyone does.  My plants will still be behind at that point and I don't want to rush them.

The hedgies came for dinner last night and it is good to see them.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/02/2020 12:50 am
ExpatGrowing
Esteemed Member
Cannabis Fan

I truly have no idea why my posted showed up 3 times.  Jeez internet in the EU sucks at times.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/02/2020 12:50 am FurrySparkle liked
ExpatGrowing
Esteemed Member
Cannabis Fan

Good Morning growers,

This is a week of growing as I started late in the game and then picked seeds that take 9 weeks to mature.  I am growing #43, which is a cross between Do si Do and Wifi, also the skywalker which I had only one seed sprout out of three so I have skywalker started even later.  One is a twin which I am using for the party cup challenge.  I am getting my nuits up to 600 ppm and going slow with the PH about 6.0 as the goal.  They are doing well with the nice Mars Hydro reflection 144 led lamps.  The temp in the tent is about 76 with average humidity around 50 which is a bit low.  I worry about the tiny flies as I had them in my last grow.  I thought I saw one in the tent but perhaps not.  I may do a small amount of bug killer to be on the safe side.  Proactive move.  

The basil I planted sprouted and pushed up, so we will be making pesto later in the year.  I got a few photos including the twin skywalker for the party cup challenge.  The 2nd twin is hanging in there.

Cannabis Grow IMG 2202
Cannabis Grow IMG 2206
Cannabis Grow IMG 2207
Cannabis Grow IMG 2204
Cannabis Grow IMG 2203

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/03/2020 4:48 am FurrySparkle, CrackBabies and Choo liked
ExpatGrowing
Esteemed Member
Cannabis Fan

Transplant day!  I soak my seeds and then put them directly into solo cups to start.  I saw that the roots were growing out from the bottom and they had a nice thick root ball.  Time to transplant.  Unfortunately, I don't have anything smaller than 5 gal air pots so in the new home they went.  All except the party cup plant.  I was going to use the twin skywalker but at the last moment chose the single.  I transferred it out from the red cup to a clear cup so I can watch the root system.  I have the Do Si Do which had two seeds sprout perfect, 1 Skywalker.  Then I had to sprout 2 more Skywalkers, now one is in the part cup and the other is the twin plant.

I do have a question.  Do I trim the little sprouts of leaves coming out from the bigger sets?  I now have 4 solid sets of leaves, with 5 expanding quickly.  

Today I turned on the household fan inside the tent  for the first time and put it on the lowest.  I also closed all the vent flaps and turned on the scrubber.  It wasn't smelling yet but I wanted a better air exchange.  Is this overkill?  I had to study the nutrients today and try to get it correct by watering with 10L.  I hope the plans adjust as I learn how to find the sweet spot again.

Happy growing.

Cannabis Grow IMG 2212
Cannabis Grow IMG 2213
Cannabis Grow IMG 2214
Cannabis Grow IMG 2211
Cannabis Grow IMG 2215

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/09/2020 11:33 pm CalixGrow and FurrySparkle liked
+ Show 1 comments
ExpatGrowing
Esteemed Member
Cannabis Fan

Huge problems with the EC run off.  I am putting in at about 800 ppm and it was testing out at 1600.  Yet I have only had the plants for 3 weeks. I was reusing some coco saved from the last grow.  After questioning the person who harvested last, they didn't rinse the coco and I didn't either to start.

Today I ran 22 L of fresh water and 11L of water with KleenFlush in it to lower the salts.  I will run it for 24 hours and then start with the fertigation at 800 and build it up slowly.  The leaves are at set 5 now and hopefully I will do the first trim back in a week.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/12/2020 1:51 am Knut, CalixGrow and FurrySparkle liked
+ Show 2 comments
ExpatGrowing
Esteemed Member
Cannabis Fan

A week of problems and it isn't getting better but I will keep trying.  I have resolved the high EC runoff by watering up to 5 times a day.  However now I have yellow dots on the leaves and some of the tips are yellow.  I believe the issue is water getting on the plants so I will hand water more carefully.  I topped both of the #43 after trimming the bottom shoot offs before topping, now I have nothing growing at all.  This is after 5 days of topping.  I topped the skywalker that had two little sprouts under the 3rd node and now it is growing.  I fear I have killed the #43.  At least the basil is going great.

Cannabis Grow IMG 2241
Cannabis Grow IMG 2238
Cannabis Grow IMG 2240
Cannabis Grow IMG 2244
Cannabis Grow IMG 2242
Cannabis Grow IMG 2243
Cannabis Grow IMG 2247
Cannabis Grow IMG 2248

I am far behind and won't be flipping with the rest of you.  Happy growing. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/19/2020 7:11 am knuckle and FurrySparkle liked
+ Show 1 comments
Page 1 / 2 Next