Forum

PTGC Mainlines: 2nd grow, first grow log. 4X Skunk #1

SheFlowers
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
PTGC Mainlines: 2nd grow, first grow log. 4X Skunk #1

I learned a lot from my first grow. I'm looking forward to round two and growing and learning with all of you! Got seeds wet late Friday night. Here we go!

4X4 tent with all of the Dr. Coco bells and whistles (auto watering, self draining saucers, etc.) except for the PVC wall reinforcement.

600w HID with air cooled hood and Lumatek ballast.

AC Infinity Cloudline T6 for ventilation.

Running Jack's 3-2-1 with Armor-Si and Diamond Nectar.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/23/2020 7:24 pm FurrySparkle and ExpatGrowing liked
SheFlowers
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

A couple of beginner mistakes to remember for next time... If I want four plants, plant extras. I've got one seedling that had some issues popping out of the hull and I may have been a bit heavy handed in dealing with it. Looking a little funky.

The other is to start with light nutrients after the first real leaves show up. I don't know what I was thinking in taking as long as I did. They're starting to look a bit on the yellow side. Gave them a light feed (~300 ppm). We'll see if they look better tomorrow. 

Photos were taken last night.

Cannabis Grow IMG 20200830 194548940

All in all, very excited to have things rolling again!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/31/2020 7:05 pm FurrySparkle and ExpatGrowing liked
+ Show 2 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
SheFlowers
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
... And then there were three.

Cannabis Grow IMG 20200913 211505395 HDR

So I ended up culling the one that was struggling. It just got way too far behind the other three. 

I've upped the lighting to a 600w MH. 

Nutes are currently at ~650ppm

Things are looking good but I've realized that my original plan to manifold and flip to flower by the 1st was unrealistic. I'm planning on keeping up the journal as I'm able but I'll have to flip a little later than originally planned. Lesson learned!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/13/2020 7:49 pm knuckle, ExpatGrowing and FurrySparkle liked
+ Show 2 comments
SheFlowers
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
Time for an overdue update.

I wish I could keep up with the journal a little more. I definitely see the value in it and I enjoy posting but it's hard to find the time!

So, I did the first topping on Friday, the 18th. I had previously had a bit of Ca deficiency (and I assume Mg as well) I was dealing with that seems to be looking a bit better. I did a bit of supplemental cal/mag hit 6.3 pH for a few fertigations.  

Plant number three seems to be lagging a bit behind and looking kinda questionable. Leaves are darker than the others, as well as just looking a bit less well than the other two. Not sure what's going on there. 

Hoping to do the second topping of the process within the next 48 hours. Part of me is tempted to leave it at 4 tops for the sake of time, instead of doing the final topping for 8 tops. Still undecided.

The trio

Cannabis Grow trio

Plant 1 and closeup

Cannabis Grow Number 1 closeup
Cannabis Grow Number 1

Plant 2 and closeup

Cannabis Grow Number 2 closeup
Cannabis Grow number 2

Plant 3 and closeup

Cannabis Grow Number 3 closeup
Cannabis Grow Number 3

Thoughts are welcome.  Grower love!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/22/2020 8:11 pm FurrySparkle and ExpatGrowing liked
+ Show 1 comments
SheFlowers
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

I'm not quite ready to flip by tomorrow but the girls are in their final homes. I'm hoping to do the last pruning of the manifold project on plants #1 and #2 (clockwise from bottom left) tomorrow and I've decided to forego the full manifold treatment on #3 since she's lagging slightly behind the other two. I'll be doing a second topping on her tomorrow, for a total of four main tops. 

Cannabis Grow IMG 20200930 201903498 HDR

At this point my plan is to wait it out for ten days or so before the flip, just to make sure they're all three good and ready. 

They don't look perfect but so far my second grow is going MUCH smoother than the first round. This has been a true pleasure and I can't thank this forum and specifically Dr. MJ Coco for all of the invaluable information. I truly couldn't have done it without this resource. 

Growers Love!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/30/2020 7:00 pm FurrySparkle and ExpatGrowing liked
+ Show 1 comments
SheFlowers
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
Finally flip time but no photos to share!

Life has been a whirlwind lately so it's been hard to keep up. The girls got their first early bedtime tonight. They also got some new lights! I upgraded from the 600w HPS I was planning on using to 3X MarsHydro TS 1000s. The light swap and everything else I needed to do (timers adjusted, etc.) took so much of my time that I wasn't able to get decent pics before lights out. Things are looking pretty good but I've spotted an issue I have some questions about though. I will definitely update in the next day or two with photos. 

Growers' love!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/13/2020 5:33 pm FurrySparkle liked
SheFlowers
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
Update with some pics and new lighting!

I did a bit of light defoliation to open up some airflow and keep the girls from touching too much. Here's a pre- and post-defol pic...

Cannabis Grow pre defol

Cannabis Grow post defol

I spotted a few issues that I'm not sure about. Mostly on one plant, the largest and best growing of the three. Both some odd discoloration and "crinkling" of the leaves in only a couple spots here and there, and not affecting the entire leaf.

Cannabis Grow discoloration
Cannabis Grow crinkle leaves

And this on the same plant. Again, only in a spot or two.

Cannabis Grow brown flecks

And finally, I upgraded to Mars Hydro TS1000s. They need a little work to be perfectly level but I'm very impressed so far. So much cooler than the HID. But I'm a bit confused about how to daisy chain them. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but I can't figure out how to do it. As of right now they're all three running to a large extension cord outside the tent but it's a bit cumbersome. I'd love to knock down the amount of cords in there.

Cannabis Grow mars hydro

Thoughts are welcome.

Growers' love!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/14/2020 7:13 pm ExpatGrowing liked
+ Show 1 comments
SheFlowers
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
Moving along nicely.

Just a quick update. The girls are looking happy and healthy. 

Cannabis Grow Getting bushy

In other news, the clones I took from them got moved into 1 gal pots today. 

Cannabis Grow IMG 20201017 134324462 HDR

And I recently popped some Red Mandarine fast version from Sweet Seeds and they got moved into fabric seedling bags/solo cups today.

Cannabis Grow IMG 20201017 134314708 HDR

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/17/2020 6:53 pm FurrySparkle liked
SheFlowers
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
Update after some (too much?) recent defoliation.

So after dealing with some humidity issues, yesterday I cleared some space for air movement. I'm worried I got a bit carried away but I'm scared shitless of PM. I pulled a lot of the lower, spindly growth as well. It seemed right at the time but I'm definitely second guessing myself.

Here's a shot of all three.

Cannabis Grow The girls

Some shots of the manifolds and potential destruction. 🙄 

Cannabis Grow Manifold
Cannabis Grow Low shot

Hopefully I didn't do more harm than good.

Growers' love!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/20/2020 7:36 pm FurrySparkle liked
SheFlowers
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
No more stinky house.

It was starting to get a bit stinky in the house so I hooked up a 24" Phresh Filter to the exhaust running through the Cloudline T6. It smells much better!

Cannabis Grow IMG 20201025 173157393 HDR

Fuzzy buds should be here any day now.

Cannabis Grow IMG 20201025 173204378

Cannabis Grow original 7f667cd9 cdc9 4058 b1be a76613268fe3 IMG 20201025 172613567 HDR

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/25/2020 9:10 pm
SheFlowers
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
Starting to look too crowded?

I'm starting to wonder if things are a bit too crowded. Any thoughts? 

Cannabis Grow IMG 20201028 173800544 HDR

Aside from that, things are looking pretty good. This may not be too exciting for some but I grew my first 11-lobed leaf!

Cannabis Grow IMG 20201028 173752149 HDR

I know they're nothing out of the ordinary but it's a first for me so I'm pretty stoked!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/28/2020 7:11 pm FurrySparkle liked
+ Show 1 comments
SheFlowers
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
Getting stinky.

The tent has filled out much more than I expected from just three plants. I'm a proud dad.

Cannabis Grow IMG 20201102 174637187 HDR

Cannabis Grow IMG 20201102 174722977 HDR

I can't believe how much these girls drink every day. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/02/2020 7:24 pm FurrySparkle liked
SheFlowers
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
Finally done stretching

The girls have finally stopped adding height. They have turned out much larger than I had expected. I should have gotten an accurate height measurement before flip because they have definitely more than doubled. They were so packed in there that I was having high humidity issues after lights out. I hated to do any pruning so late in the process but I had to do it. Did some more defoliation and pulled some of the thinner, lower growth for the last time. I've also been leaving the flaps on my tent slightly open, thanks to some tips from a few people in the chat. Now the nighttime humidity is perfect. 

The flowers are starting to fill in a bit, albeit a bit more slowly than I expected. All in all, I'm happy with how things are going. 

Thanks for looking. Growers love!

Cannabis Grow IMG 20201114 120320166
Cannabis Grow IMG 20201114 120355998 HDR
Cannabis Grow IMG 20201114 120240534 HDR

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/14/2020 6:59 pm FurrySparkle liked
SheFlowers
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
Girls are flowering SLOOOOWLY.

Everything seems to be going pretty well other than really slow flowering. 

Cannabis Grow IMG 20201128 173527707 HDR
Cannabis Grow IMG 20201128 173518513 HDR
Cannabis Grow IMG 20201128 173457981 HDR

I was really hoping to harvest in the next two weeks but I think there's zero chance of that happening. I'm reasonably sure there are no light leak issues but these things are just creeping!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/28/2020 5:17 pm FurrySparkle liked
SheFlowers
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
Finally harvested one of the three.

One of the girls had 10-15% amber trichomes, so she got chopped. The other two still look like they're weeks away. At 72 days I'm feeling impatient but they're ready when they're ready.

Cannabis Grow IMG 20201220 093839588 HDR

Cannabis Grow IMG 20201221 120119290

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/23/2020 12:03 pm FurrySparkle liked