Wetting agent

Kushman
  Kushman
(@kushman)
Noble Member Charter Member
Practicing Grower
Completed Grows
My Current Grows

Hey @dr-coco my local grow store started carrying this stuff called contact h20 by megamass. When I asked for wetting agent they showed me that. I can't find it online otherwise I would post a link. I asked the lady "this just goes in your nutrients right?" And she says "no it's meant for a foliar spray so the water sticks to the leaves" or some dumb shit whatever she said. And then I told her how I know a professor online that uses a wetting agent in the nutrients to help with watering. And she says "that guy must be nuts that's not how it works it's not supposed to be in the root system" but then I told her that the stuff you use probably has other stuff in it aswell.

And this is the 2nd time I've been told not to use it in the nutrients. I don't understand why they are telling me this! I looked on Amazon and there are quite a few options when you look up wetting agents and I would like to start using it if it's a good idea! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/29/2018 11:10 am
+ Show 5 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
Woop
  Woop
Reputable Member
Proven Grower

Maybe this is a more specified formula? Can you get some pictures of the product next time you go there? 

-Woop

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/29/2018 12:52 pm Kushman liked
+ Show 1 comments
Californiakid
Prominent Member Charter Member
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

It has to do with labeling and uses. Similar issues awhile back with Enzymes Komplete.

The claim is that they are protecting the consumer. But my suspicion is that they tax and fine for everything. So if your product is sold to treat x but turns out it works for wxyz, and it works too well, then you gotta pay up to cover taxes for wxyz. 

Probably a competitor that has an inferior product called the officials.

Ok rant over. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/29/2018 1:13 pm Rosettastoned and Kushman liked
+ Show 2 comments
Chefomj
  Chefomj
Member Moderator
Expert Grower
Completed Grows

Here is an alternative, maybe not as great as SM-90 but certainly an organic option. Aurora Innovations pride themselves with quality products.  http://www.aurorainnovations.org/roots-rain.html

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/29/2018 3:56 pm Rosettastoned, Californiakid and Dr Coco liked
+ Show 4 comments
Kushman
  Kushman
(@kushman)
Practicing Grower
Completed Grows
My Current Grows

@dr-coco I'm going to my grow store again this morning (wish I didn't have to ?) but I'm gonna take a picture of the ingredients of the wetting agent they sell. I hate to be a bother and don't worry about it if you can't! But could you be ready to reply in half hour or 40 minutes? I'll post a pic and you can tell me to buy it or not! Or anyone that knows what they are doing I'm sure the doc isn't the only one! Thanks so much ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/30/2018 9:48 am Dr Coco liked
+ Show 14 comments
Kushman
  Kushman
(@kushman)
Practicing Grower
Completed Grows
My Current Grows

Hey @dr-coco good news maybe lol .I found sledge hammer on Canadian Amazon. But it's gonna be like $80 with shipping. So you said it's a flushing agent and I also read about how it primary removes excess salts at the final stages of flower. Are you sure it's ok to use throughout the whole grow? And what do you think of that price haha 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/30/2018 5:16 pm
+ Show 3 comments
Kushman
  Kushman
(@kushman)
Practicing Grower
Completed Grows
My Current Grows

Hey I may have found something. It's just ask expensive tho so idk haha this and one more product I'll post in a minute .what do you guys think of this  https://indoorgrowingcanada.com/products/nutri-ithrive-soluble-fetilizer-1l

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/30/2018 6:43 pm
+ Show 4 comments
Kushman
  Kushman
(@kushman)
Practicing Grower
Completed Grows
My Current Grows

Now this 2nd one is a cal-mag supplement but just read the description and ingredients!  https://indoorgrowingcanada.com/products/natures-nectar-calcium-magnesium-1l-nutrient

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/30/2018 6:44 pm
+ Show 2 comments
Californiakid
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

How about this?

https://buildasoil.com/products/yucca-extract-therm-x-70?variant=562916325

Not sure about shipping north of the boarder ...but its free in the US.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/30/2018 7:34 pm Kushman and Dr Coco liked
+ Show 5 comments
Kushman
  Kushman
(@kushman)
Practicing Grower
Completed Grows
My Current Grows

That stuff @californiakid mentioned is only $35 and it does ship to me but then when I went to check out the shipping was $75... ? thanks anyways man! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/30/2018 8:05 pm
+ Show 2 comments
Californiakid
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

This isn't available in California but you can likely get it. Its available in 4oz up to 1lb.  Its dry so shipping shouldn't be so harsh.

https://www.kelp4less.com/shop/yucca-extract/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/30/2018 8:20 pm Kushman liked
+ Show 1 comments
Longster
Trusted Member
Cannabis Fan

I'm using the Yucca x-70 and it works great as a wetting agent .

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/31/2018 12:02 am
Kushman
  Kushman
(@kushman)
Practicing Grower
Completed Grows
My Current Grows

@californiakid I almost forgot to try buying the yucca extract in dry form! Definitely cheaper shipping man your a life savior! A plant savior more like it ?

Screenshot 20190104 090240 Chrome

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/04/2019 8:05 am Dr Coco and Californiakid liked
+ Show 2 comments
jillianorr
Cannabis Fan

It sounds like you've encountered some conflicting advice regarding the use of wetting agents in your gardening endeavors. While some may advocate for incorporating wetting agents directly into nutrient solutions to aid in watering, others, like the individual at your local grow store, may recommend using them as foliar sprays for better leaf coverage. The disagreement likely stems from differing philosophies or experiences with these products. It's essential to consider various perspectives and perhaps experiment to see what works best for your specific plants and growing conditions. Additionally, seeking advice from seasoned farmers link who prioritize organic practices can offer valuable insights into utilizing wetting agents effectively within an organic framework. Exploring the available options on platforms like Amazon and reading reviews can also help you make an informed decision about incorporating wetting agents into your gardening routine.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/15/2024 3:45 am