Forum

Studies on growing/using cannabis

Ausbucket461
Esteemed Member CfC Advisor
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

Hey growmies! I'm not sure if this is already available. But I thought Since we're all about the SCIENCE of growing cannabis, what better place to have a thread linking a bunch of studies in one place. So I thought I would start a thread. If you have or find any studies you want to share, drop them here!

I don't really know where to look but I'm interested to see and read all the studies you come accross, from lighting to growing to medical use case studies, I'd love to see them!

@dr-coco @drphoton if you get time, I know you both must have some amazing resources, if you want to share for others (me) to reference 🌱💚

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/23/2020 9:32 pm
+ Show 2 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
Rusty
  Rusty
Prominent Member Group Leader
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

Here is a good study on nutrients and cannabis. Its especially interesting because its recent, and was conducted on medical mj and grown in coco.

They compared a base formulation to enhanced npk, humic acid supplement, and Phosphorus supplemented formulations, measuring the various yield parameters including weight, size, thc content, cbd content. The result showed the HA and P supplements did not produce improvements in overall yield or quality. The increased npk had better overall yield and similar thc content to the control. Note the low ppm of the nutrient solution they used also.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6589925/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/24/2020 1:09 pm Ausbucket461 liked
Rusty
  Rusty
Prominent Member Group Leader
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

Here is a summary of a presentation by some ag profs at purdue. Its not really research and not cannabis oriented but its good overview of how to select your nutrient formula for hydroponic growing.

https://www.purdue.edu/hla/sites/cea/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2018/10/PetrusLangenhoven9-5-18.pdf

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/24/2020 1:09 pm Ausbucket461 liked