Forum

[Solved] HELP! Overly Dried Harvest - Do I have to Throw it All Out?

MDA009
  MDA009
Esteemed Member
New Grower

Hello & HELP - 

I had a real nice grow that I just harvested a week ago. I hung dried these 2 plants for 5 days at 65-68F and 55-58% humidity in a grow tent. I used an indirect 6" fan for the 1st 24 hours and I think it over dried them, along with the air blowing out of the dehumidifier. 

I have probably 7 ounces of amazing nugs and 2 0unces of popcorn. It all smells great, but the jars are reading 51-53% humidity, and when I smell a single bud there's next to no aromas, and when I grind up a bud the inside is bone dry with barely any aromas. 

What do you think @rusty, is it worth trying boveda packs, or do those cause more probs than they are worth. Every time I rehydrate dispensary weed with those, it just seems to deaden the weed more over time. 

I'm ready to cry. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/08/2022 8:38 am
MDA009
  MDA009
Esteemed Member
New Grower

The hay smell is locked in and it's definitely too late to do anything. I have tossed it all. Starting again. I had too low humidity and too much air flow.  Well, "you lift and learn". I think Lou Ferrigno said that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/08/2022 9:33 am
VTBasser
Esteemed Member
Practicing Grower
Completed Grows

Instead of tossing it I would have made bubble hash out of it and see how that smoked.

I'm coco for cannabis puffs! And like to fish also!
ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/16/2022 6:35 am MDA009 liked
+ Show 2 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal