Forum

Dry soil amendments in coco (Down to Earth)

Woop
  Woop
Reputable Member
Proven Grower

Greetings fellow growers and weed tokers!

I know its been a while! Where have I been you are all wondering!?? I relocated and was insanely busy! Anyways, I am settling down in my new place. I am going to do my next grow in coco! Yay right!??? So I am trying to get something going that is close to what Mr Canuck does. Except in my case, Down to Earth is going to be the cosest thing that I can get to what Mr Canuck does with his coco amendments. I ultimately wish to reduce the amount of time that I have to spend feeding nutrients to my plants. Although I have received fantastic results from Canna products and even GH products (liquid nutrient base products), It just takes way to much time having to to mix 5 gallons almost every day. I want to run my auto feeder with as little nutrients as possible. 

My goal is to be able to mix nutrients in my soil that will last more than just one or two waterings. Oh by the way, if you are unaware of what Mr Canuck does, I recommend watching his youtube videos. Anyways, if I can get something like that going, where I maybe only have to reamend close to flip. So, one brand I am looking at this is somewhat close and is sold in the US, is called, "Down to Earth". The problem with that is, they have a very large and extensive line of nutrients. I have used some of their nutrients before and wouldnt mind using a whole line of (needed) nutrients. But, since there is so much to go off of, I am just lost on what to do.

So my question fellow growmies, who here has practiced a method like this? What did you use as far as powder nutrients go? Did you/do or have you used any Down to Earth products? If so, which ones should I get and how much do I use per gallon of coco? In other words, what would be the blend ratio per nutrient to coco mix?

I have some really good tea recipes that I have used before and plan on using in between or when the plants show signs of needing additional nutes. Thank you for reading my post as well as any suggestions/advice.

Be well, grow on and smoke out!

-Woop

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/12/2020 11:18 pm
Rusty
  Rusty
Reputable Member
Proven Grower
Completed Grows

Hi woop.
I cant give you full answers to using DTE for coco, but I’ll share some thoughts. I use dte for my outdoor  garden and  including containers. They are top of the line products.  I do not use them indoors tho.

They dont seem best suited for hydro as the formulations require more microbial activity than can be established in a small scale grow like mine. For example ingredients like dolomite or rock phosphate work ok in soil/potting mix, but not very well in hydro. Id be concerned about solubility.

Dte uses a lot of fish byproduct, depending on how you feel about that fragarence of the sea, lol. Ive used the dte water soluble, for outdoors.

i use the bio-live for my garden in spring, then switch to 4-4-4 later. Also the acid mix works well for citrus and palms. The microbe root powder is pretty good. Sorry, just dont have experience indoors with it. 

good luck. I believe mineral based hydroponics is a better approach for coco. However Im sure you can make it work if you want it. Hope someone with direct indoors coco organic has better insight for you. 
Id love to see some results when you get going! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/13/2020 3:27 pm Chefomj and Woop liked
+ Show 4 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
jhonney
  jhonney
Cannabis Fan

Most of the times, it is very difficult to find Airtight Containers for Weed. Finally, I have found one and happy with it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/23/2020 7:16 am