Forum

Advanced Nutrients experiences

mammuth
  mammuth
Esteemed Member
Known Grower

Howdy guys,

I open this thread with a "dream"... collecting any experience with these products and the way people use them.
Why Advanced Nutrients? I know they're not the best and usually overpriced but these products are easily available anywhere in the world  and  very specific for cannabis.
It's almost a Rosetta stone for cannabis growers...

Why collecting your experience... because Advanced Nutrients suggestions are... nuts.
So collecting "recipes" for your fertigation should be very helpfull for anyone.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/02/2019 3:27 am ElTee3 liked
+ Show 3 comments
Expand All Comments in this journal
mammuth
  mammuth
Esteemed Member
Known Grower

Since it's my firt run in coco and I still in veg for a more couple weeks I found out these two/three solutions that actually looks balanced.

early veg stage [all values intended per liter]:
2ml CalMagXtra, 2ml A Sensi Coco Grow, 2ml B Sensi Coco Grow, 2ml B-52, (4ml of Rhizotonic by Canna or a teaspoon of algae powder).
EC target: 800/1000

veg:
3ml CalMagXtra, 2ml A Sensi Coco Grow, 2ml B Sensi Coco Grow, 2ml B-52, 2ml Sensizym
EC target: 1000/1200

While B-52 is lighty raising the EC the Sensizym don't.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/02/2019 3:34 am ElTee3 and Rob Def liked
mammuth
  mammuth
Esteemed Member
Known Grower

well, I wrote to the Adv Nuts grower assistance [ok, it's quite funny].

Here is their weird answer:
"

When using our pH perfect line of nutrients,  There tend to be many other components besides dissolved fertilizer in the water. (eg. pH buffers, humic and fulvic acid, amino acids etc...)
Because of this, an electrical conductivity (EC, TDS, PPM) reading can be difficult for the grower to properly ascertain.
Instead of reading the PPM/EC, we recommend following our nutrient calculator, but starting off at 1/4 strength of your base nutrient for small clones and seedlings,
Gradually working your way to full strength as the plant matures over a period of 3-4 weeks."

To me that's a nonsense.

Any opinions?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/04/2019 3:20 am Rob Def liked
Dr Photon
(@drphoton)
Member Moderator
Expert Grower
Completed Grows

Some truth to it. EC does not exclusively measure the elemental concentration of nutrients. So you can have several different products that measure the same EC, yet have completely different nutrient levels. The reason for this is because EC measures electrtical conductivity, and different minerals can provide different levels of conductivity. 

For example. One nutrient product can have 200ppm of garanteed total elemental nutrients. Yet measure 1 EC (500ppm). 

Another product can have exactly the same garenteed nutrient levels and measure 0.8 EC (400ppm).

And then there are non nutrient components that make up a large part of the conductivity measurement. For example, when using calimagic at its full dose of 5ml per gallon, you will measure around 800ec (400ppm). But the actual concentrations of elemental nutrients are no more than 100ppm (N 13.2ppm C 66ppm M 20ppm). And the true total weighted measurement is actually 1320ppm. 

EC meters are not intended to be used for mixing, but as a guide for solute concentration and its effects on water potential in plants. All mixes should be done by following instructions or applying your own equations. When people make their own nutrients up using salts, you wont see them using a EC meter for each individual mineral. If they do, then they will have huge errors due to the previously mentioned EC variables. 

Being wrong, is an opportunity for getting things right.
ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/04/2019 4:19 am Chefomj, CrackBabies, ElTee3 and 5 people liked
+ Show 7 comments
mammuth
  mammuth
Esteemed Member
Known Grower

I supposed AN is a little more popular... btw I continue to share my fertigations and my opinion, hope to help someone or to discuss about it one day.

Nowdays I'm testing this early-flowering solution, I usually keep the veg nutrition for the entire first week of flowering, then starting from the second week I switch the nutrients.

All values intended per liter:
2ml CalMag+
2ml A Sensi Coco Bloom
2ml B Sensi Coco Bloom
3ml Canna Boost [I need to finish this bottle, it's a good product btw]
2ml Sensizym
2ml Bud Candy
Targeting 1300/1350 EC.

I use foliar feeding with Canna Boost 2ml per liter and CalMag 1ml per liter.

From the second and half /  third week of flowering I will add B-52 again.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/19/2019 5:34 am Rob Def liked
Rob Def
  Rob Def
Cannabis Fan

I've been using the entire lineup for over a year. I've used a lot of different brands and think they actually are the best I've used. It's easy, ph is not a complete nightmare and I get great quality and yields. I just discovered this site and I love it. Great easy to understand explanations. As far as the ec as long as you get your ec when you mix it and it is definitely higher than Dr coco recomends but I've just kinda scaled up the numbers on the run off accordingly and it seems to be working well so far. I started mid grow so, next new plant will give me a better idea of how it's working.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/23/2019 8:23 am Rob123 liked
+ Show 1 comments
Rob Def
  Rob Def
Cannabis Fan

My recipe 

Per liter

Connoisseur coco a 2 ml

Connoisseur coco b 2 ml

AN cal mg.                 1.5 ml

B 52.                             1 ml  don't use weeks 1 and 2 of flower, it reduces the stretch

Nirvana                       1 ml

Bud candy.                   2ml

Senzyme                       2 ml

Rhino skin                    2ml

Bud factor x                 2 ml

Bud ignitor                   2 ml first 2 weeks of flower

Big bud coco.                2 ml from week 2 til 6

Overdrive                       2 ml weeks 6 and 7

Final flush                      2 ml last week or so

That's about it, lots of adjusting for different strains but this is probably on the stronger side. For veg I use connoisseur veg same strength with occasional cal mag. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/23/2019 8:40 am ElTee3, mammuth, Chefomj and 1 people liked
+ Show 2 comments
Focal Grows
Cannabis Fan

I used the Sensi line a few years ago and had good results.  I was running an aeroponic system so having the PH buffer was nice, I ended up going Canna Aqua in the end but I adopted big bud and bud candy into the regiment because I felt they carried their benefits over to the Canna nutrient line.  I always ran at 75% strength on all lines I ran.  I currently am finishing up with a living soil run and then I am giving coco a try and I will use big bud, bud candy and sensi calmag, so I will be able to give you a better outlook once I run them in coco.   On another note I never understood why A.N. uses liters as their measurement,  makes no difference but most manufacturers use gallons.  Also, A.N. are masters at breaking down one bottle into three. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/24/2019 7:38 pm mammuth liked
+ Show 1 comments
mammuth
  mammuth
Esteemed Member
Known Grower

here's my second solution starting from the third week of flowering, before flushing I think this is the last one.
Changed a bit some proportion and added b-52

Per liter:
2ml CalMag+
3ml A Sensi Coco Bloom
3ml B Sensi Coco Bloom
2ml B-52
2ml Sensizym
2ml Bud Candy
Diluted to target 1350 for the first week of use, I think I'm gonna reach 1450/1500 in couple weeks.

I'm sure you can add on top nirvana, bud ignitor and bud factor x to enhance the flowering but right I'm out of budget so I'm gonna go basic..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/29/2019 3:06 am Focal Grows liked
mammuth
  mammuth
Esteemed Member
Known Grower

Hi guys, let's add a new recipe for the vegging and seedlings stage.

I just found out nice balance from the previous run and since I'm not getting any deficiency I think it's definitely a good recipe.

SEEDLINGs:
- 2ml calmag
- 2ml A/B coco
- 2ml Voodoo Juice
all values intended per liter and diluted to 400EC
I usually keep this solution, raising the EC value according to the growth, until plants needs 700/800 EC, then I switch to this recipe:

VEG:
- 3ml calmag
- 4ml A/B coco
- 1ml Voodoo Juice [or use 2 if you have lazy roots, but mine were literally savages]
- 2ml B52
- 2ml sensizym
all values intend per liter and diluted to target at least 800EC, depending on plant growth and size

FOLIAR SOLUTIONS:
- seedlings:  calmag and some root booster: some uses voodoo juice too but I used rhizotonic that I'm sure is good for foliar.
- vegging: 2ml calmag and B52 per liter.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/18/2019 5:56 am
KrustyKush
Cannabis Fan
My Current Grows

Hello.  I see many are supplementing their AN Coco Grow with cal-mag.  I had expected that the coco-specific nature of that brand would contain enough cal-mag to satisfy the needs.  I'm new to coco, am old and not interested in a lot of extra complications in growing.  That's why I like the idea of the coco-specific mixture and Ph-Perfect technology.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/30/2019 3:03 pm
+ Show 7 comments
CocoCanuck
Cannabis Fan
I just picked up five litres last of Conosieur CoCo Bloom Part A cheap at an auction. Wondering if I could use Sensei Bloom Part B with it?  
ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/03/2019 10:19 am
surhaze
  surhaze
Cannabis Fan

Hi mate! also using AN here. Just want to know, you use the same recipe in all your fertigation events?

i'm just wondering if I have to use bloom booster (Big Bud) in all my fertigation events over the first 3 weeks of bloom.

Also, I have Rhino Skin. I have to add it in all events too? thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/12/2021 9:23 am