Forum

NYGC Jack: JH side by side with the PE!

Page 2 / 2 Prev

Quickie update - been sick for a week, so not a lot happening. Did a thorough training right before flip 2/21, and in the process of setting up the auto water. Got the drain saucers in place, but not the halos yet.

Cannabis Grow IMG 1788

Here are my clones of the Jack plants. Have 3-4 of each pheno, so if anything turns out really strong, I'll at least have a plant I can clone to run them again.

Cannabis Grow IMG 1789

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/24/2020 12:23 am

Couple of updated photos on the Jacks. 2 weeks since flip, really starting to show pistils now and stretching. Added a pic of the clones as well, they're getting a bit bushy. Now that I know I have 2-4 healthy clones of each of the 4 phenos, I may go ahead and cull all but the best two of each so I'm not maintaining so many plants.

Cannabis Grow IMG 1841
Cannabis Grow IMG 1840

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/07/2020 4:30 am

Hi guys! The JH girls are really coming into their own now, looking strong and bushy. 4 mainlined plants is really perfect for the 4x4. Here's a photo:

Cannabis Grow IMG 1922

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/20/2020 7:28 am Growasaurusrex liked

Hello everyone! Just remembered I hadn't updated in some time. Here are some current photos of the NYGC JH.

An overhead view - spoke to Doc about the feeding on these, and I've been scaling back on EC since. All through veg and halfway through flower there was no tip burn or other signs of nutrient issues while sticking strictly to the GH schedule here on the site, but the last 2-3 weeks this has been happening. I've scaled back the KoolBloom and have more info for the clones coming up behind these. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the development of the flowers:

Cannabis Grow IMG 2169

Cannabis Grow IMG 2166

Here's a pic of the 5x5 tent with the clones on the front left JH that were just flipped about 10 days ago or so:

Cannabis Grow IMG 2155

These girls are looking pretty happy and vigorous, and they will benefit greatly from the nutrient information I've gathere from their mothers.

Overall, I think I'm around 10-15 days away from harvest judging by the trichomes. They are looking about 65-75% cloudy, and just seeing the first signs of an amber or two here and there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/27/2020 8:26 pm

Harvest day! Pics to come.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2020 11:41 pm
Growlow
  Growlow
Esteemed Member
Known Grower
Completed Grows
Harvested: 05/09/2020
Total Days: 130
Flip Days: 79
Flip Days: 78

Harvested the girls tonight. Adding some pics below of the harvest, will update later after dry/trim with weight and grams/w ratios. Learned a lot from these plants, and am continuing to learn from their cloned daughters. Looking forward to learning the methods of dialing in a specific strain so I can apply those methods in the future with other strains.

Cannabis Grow IMG 2280
Cannabis Grow IMG 2278
Cannabis Grow IMG 2276
Cannabis Grow IMG 2275
Cannabis Grow IMG 2273
Cannabis Grow IMG 2271
Cannabis Grow IMG 2270

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2020 11:48 pm
Growlow
  Growlow
Esteemed Member
Known Grower
Completed Grows
Flip Days: 79
Flip Days: 78

OK! Harvest, drying, and trimming done - 4 plants in the 4x4 under the HLG 550v2 (480w) yielded 18.66oz or 529 grams. I input the data into the CFC light calculator here and this is the result it put out:

Cannabis Grow HLG550v2 RSPEC

It looks like the results from both this grow and my previous White Widow (grow journal here on the site) grow fall within the expected ranges. It should be noted that both grows were from seed, so the individual plant results were pretty erratic. This JH grow for example, the heaviest yielding plant was 6.46oz, and the lightest was 3.2oz (4.2 and 4.8oz for the other two). If I'm calculating properly, that puts this grow right about 1.1 grams per watt.

EDIT: Forgot to add that I did not include in these weights about 3.5 - 3.75oz of popcorn/larfy stuff I will be using to make some butter.

The next grow under the HLG will be 4 clones of the heavy yielder, so we will see how that goes. Right now I have 4 clones of JH under the Fluence Spyder 2x in another tent (5x5), so we will get a chance to see how that light compares with the HLG using the same plants here in a few weeks.

Here are a couple photos of this harvest:

Cannabis Grow IMG 2304
Cannabis Grow IMG 2303

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/20/2020 7:04 pm
Page 2 / 2 Prev