Zagz grows Soul Mate by Bodhi
Six regular seeds of Bodhi’s Soul Mate (Pinesoul x Wookie 15) will be grown in organic soil, with organic fertilizers.
The seeds were germinated in Jiffy 7s, and planted from there into a mix of 2 parts Fox Farms Happy Frog, 1 part Fox Farms Ocean Forest, and 1 part perlite.
All 6 seeds sprouted, and started under a 2ft 2 bulb T5 fluorescent lamp. Next they will veg in a 2’x3’ tent under a 130w LED qb, and finally will flower in a 3’x3’ tent under a 240w v2 LED qb with a ‘1000 watt’ cheap blurple (really 100w-200w I think) as a supplement.
I’m very excited to be running some Bodhi gear, and these seeds were actually a freebie thrown in my order that caught my imagination and seemed like a good choice to run as I try to get my system dialed in.
The babies are looking happy and healthy. They have been under the 130w LED for a week now, and have been enjoying the increase in light.
There is one in the back row middle that is growing at a 45 degree angle to the soil, so that’s worth watching. One other (front right and closeup) had a second set of leaves with 3 blades on one side and just a single blade on the other.
Temps are running right around 70 degrees with rH at 50. The air is circulated from the veg tent through the flowering tent with an AC infinity 4”, and there is a small circulation fan in the veg tent as well.
The Bodhi babies are still looking strong. I love the color and stocky width of these early leaves.
I will be watering with Recharge today, and will be alternating between Recharge and Fish Sh!t for microbes every ten days.
So far so good, with temps ranging from 67 to 75 and rH between 40 to 50. I guess we are really starting veg, but I’m still looking at these as babies. I’m really hoping I get at least three females in this group.
I was out of loop for a bit with some surgery, but I’m back and ready to update now. A few days ago, the Bodhi babies lost their heads, topped between the 3rd and 4th node having reached their sixth node.
They were not happy with me at all. After a watering with Recharge and a couple recovery days they seem to be perking right back up.
So now I have begun to train the two new main tops on the third node of each plant. I will be using a modified mainline technique.
I’ll be taking the 1st node growth tips as clones for early sexing, and for honing my cloning skills. I’ll be taking the the 2nd node branches as the NYGC clones. Hopefully these highly stressful events don’t do too much damage to my Bodhi babies.
So of course nothing goes quite as planned. The veg room got really dry when I made my changes to my flowering exhaust, and I also discovered I messed up my veg timer so my plants were getting two 30 minute naps per day instead of 18/6.
Between the holidays, surgery recovery, and focus on my flowering tent issues I’m feeling bad about my neglect for these little guys. I’m training the 3rd node tops around the rim of the pots, and the first node growth will be taken for NYGC clones in a couple days.
Hopefully after the cloning, new topping and repotting these SoulMates will be happy and ready for the flowering tent in a couple weeks, though it’s hard to envision that looking at them right now.
It took a long time for my initial cuttings to root and show sex under the 12/12 cycle, but now I have the answers, and they aren’t great. Four of the six plants are male. I’ll use the original clones to breed a batch of F2 seeds. The original males from seed have been sacrificed.
The remaining pair of SoulMate females will be transplanted into their final 7 gallon fabric pots this weekend and switched to 12/12 in the flowering tent.
The clones of the males live on in exile awaiting their pollen for collection.
I finally transplanted the Soul Mates to their final containers, 7 gallon fabric pots, and moved them to flowering.
They have been trained extensively, and will continue being trained through early stretch.
The early breeding clones I took look nice and frosty, so I’m excited for what the buds will look like on full size plants.