SWEET ZOMBIE + AN AUTO ON THE DECK
I don't think the last journal has had time to move to the completed section. Honestly, I am glad to be moving on. It was so much work maintaining the DWC. A humbling experience.
I'm starting two new seeds. I am really excited about the Sweet Zombie as it was a random Freebie. I'm restructured my system to be a drain to waste and is pretty similar to what they suggested here. I have a bunch of stuff leftover from my last grow which has been helpful. I'm going to keep the water chiller to maintain the reservoir. I have another pump as a back up so I only needed to order some drip rings, 1/2 tubing, suggested timer, evaporate pump, and some coco if needed. All will be here today, which is a nice weekend project. I'll probably go to the local hydro store and talk with someone there in a couple of hours.
In the meantime, I have some seeds soaking in the dome. Excited to see how things play out.
Here are some pics.
The tails made their appearance and I transferred over to the rockwool cubes this am. I dusted them with some Great White. The tent is clean and ready for this round. My coco is mixed as well.
The plant outside is getting 2:1 rations of potting mix & perlite. I figure I'll just pull a jug of nutrients from the reservoir and keep it on the same schedule until flower. I don't want to put a ton of effort into it. Just for fun mostly.
The Mazar strain for the deck just shed its helmet. The Sweet Zombie is above ground for the most part, but still wearing its helmet. I'll assist later if it is still hanging on. All is chill as I patiently wait. I'll hit them with a very light nutrient solution after I see leaves and until I see roots out of the bottom of the rockwool. Next time I'll wait until my seeds have sprung so I don't waste space on here during the chance of germination. I think both will make it though.
The auto going on the deck is the winner. Sweet Zombie had a helmet head that came off fine, but the residue held it back. Kind of bummed, but oh well. I did throw a few bubba kush seeds in some water to get them going alongside soaking some more rockwool. I was kind of bummed, but 1 is going, and I have plenty more seeds to germinate if needed. I hope it doesn't go that route, but maybe it's a good time to get really good at germinating seeds. I would like to get this auto outside so it's getting the TLC right now. I'm hoping to see some roots soon and transplant it to its first container. I did hit it with a real light solution of 1ml of micro & 1 ml of grow diluted down to 250Ec. I'm going to order more seeds to keep a reserve and I'm going to figure this out. I was tempted for a moment to just go get a clone, but I want to learn this part of the process well. So enjoy watching the learning process.
Moved the Auto on the deck to its first container as recommended on the website. It's getting grown in 1 Perlite 1:2 Potting mix blend since it is going outside. I don't think I could keep up with fetigating the coco in the heat of the sun. The bubba kush seeds I just threw in the rockwool are all sprouting. I had to remove and adjust one, but for the most part I think they are doing well. I'm going to grow all 3 as far as I can this time to ensure 1 succeeds. I could set up my tent for two plants as well if I'm feeling froggy. Kind of stuck on the single plant for now. I am digging sticking with this and trying to master germination.
The auto is doing well. I turned the lights up cause it was showing some stretch. It will go outside when I see roots coming out of the bottom of it. I think it'll do well outside.
All 3 bubba kush seeds are showing their first set of leaves and I have begun fertigating them with a light 260 ec solution. One is already showing roots out the bottom of the rockwool. These seeds really took off. I'm going to order 2 1 gallon air-pots and 6-inch drip rings so I have the option. I'll most likely transplant to coco tonight or tomorrow morning. It looks like a mess in my tent with all this stuff in there.
The three Bubba Kush seeds all got transplanted. pH of 6.1. The humidifier is helping a lot. The AC pulls my humidity pretty low during the evening. I'll have to hook up my waste pump and the line soon. I'm hoping to be able to manage the runoff.
|PROJECTED RESERVOIR GALLON||1|
|FINAL VOLUME||2 gallon|
|RECOMMENDED FUTURE STRENGTH||50%|