Seeds - Nurse Jackie & Truffula Tree
So I hoped to grab a few pics from this morning, but I slept in and it’s lights off now. So this can be an end of week 2 update since the pics were taken Thursday:)
i had to raise the light up to its top position. Hopefully just a few more day of stretch because it really only have about 7-8” available. I increased the UV to 10 minutes a day. Today I will be adding green sensations and a 5th watering cycle.
on a side note my new tent I will be using for NYGC arrived early yesterday:)
heres the day 17 update pics. Buds looking pretty good and have a little early frost on the Truffula. I have to continually train GG and VF to keep them in line...so far so good, but let’s hope it’s the final stretch days.
i moved a few of the Truffula female clones to the breeding tent. These are clones of the moms in the flower tent.
ok time to try to make some seeds😬
the TT9 male is ready. I collected some pollen and dried it for about 10hrs. At lights on I turned off all fans and applied the pollen using a small paint brush and marked the branches of the TT 3 and TT4 females which were pollinated. I will keep all fans off for 2 hours then turn on the extraction fan. The other fans will be turned back on tomorrow morning and I will most the other plants again before turning them on
A few mid week 5 pics. All going pretty well considering the dense jungle in the tent. The pollinated branches have pistils drying up. Lots of white pistils on the others. The GG4 and VF are looking like they’ll go longer than 9 weeks. The Truffula Tree looks to be about 8-9 as advertised. The Truffula tree is showing a lot of purple especially in the lower sites. Everything frosting up well.
A few week 6 pictures. I did a little lower cleanup this morning. Interesting berry red color on the little lower bud sites of the Truffula. I think I see some seeds starting to form
Aside from some silly issue with the auto watering system everything has been going well. I had noticed less runoff for a few days. While testing I noticed the halos were dripping more than spraying. To compensate I watered be hand once a day and ultimately found a small kink in the line in between the reservoir and the tent...silly mistake. I straightened the line and the flow is back. The seeds seem to be developing well and the pollinated sites are definitely larger than the sensi buds. GG4 is really frosting up, although I can’t seem to get a good pic of her.
Into week 7. I dropped the temp on the controller 4 degrees. GG4 chunking up and getting frostier. The other two are doing well too.
Everything is coming along. We’re in late flower now. Temps are running cooler 67f-74f and RH is around 55%. Yesterday I reduced the inflow EC to about 800 and removed the Green sensations/pk appetite from the schedule. I will not be running winter frost this time due to the seeds in the crop...I don’t want to do anything that will harm them. The GG4 and VF are really swelling up and the 3 strains are very different from each other. The GG4 buds are fat and have a more flat top. The VF has a much more traditional shape. The Truffula has not swollen as much as the other two and had the most frost, but it it pollinated so I’m sure that could be a factor on the size. And am looking forward to running the cuts Of this plant TT4 as sinsemilla in the NYGC Fruit Salad group.
I will run the light EC today and tomorrow I will just start running ruby fulvic and maybe some carbs. After a few days of this I will begin the flush and probably flush for a week...maybe a few days extra on the GG and VF.
week 8. Only feeding some carbs and ruby F this week. The Truffula is first to start the fade, but we have mostly cloudy on all of them with a few ambers. The Truffula will finish earliest, then VF, and GG4 May need a few days past 63z