Forum

Seconds for Casserole?

RedACD
  RedACD
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
Seconds for Casserole?

Second attempt this year at a grow journal.  Tried out in the NYGC and didn't make past week 2.  Lessons learned and back at it with an empty tent this time.   Going to try and finish off from my last try and grow out the last 3 seeds from  Chef Anna's "The Casserole" line.  And going to throw in a Mephisto Ghost Toof in the mix.

The Info: 

Tent: 2x2x4
Lighting: 3 Autocob LEDs, 55w each
No filter, ambient room air.
Air temp inside tent 75-82 degrees
Medium: Coco/Soil/Perlite
2 Three gal and 2 Two gal fabric pots
Nutrients: Fox Farm Trio, CalMag

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/23/2020 1:17 pm Cannavore and 3one liked
+ Show 2 comments

Week One finished up.  Every thing is looking good.  Temps in the high 70's.  Water is plain ph'ed only.  No nutes for another week or two.   

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/01/2020 12:17 pm
RedACD
  RedACD
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
Seconds for Casserole?

Week two went well.

She's really taking off.  

Little "B":

And Crooked:

Ghost Toof not looking very happy.  Wish she wasn't taking up a 3 gallon bag if she's gonna runt.

Some Mephisto Alien vs. Triangle that's going outdoors in a few weeks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/08/2020 9:16 pm Cannavore liked
+ Show 1 comments
RedACD
  RedACD
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Been a good week.  Started a light feeding.  First was 1.25 ml of Grow Big and CalMag per gallon.  Second feeding several days later was 2.5 ml Grow Big and CalMag.  Will be feeding 5 ml of each starting into week 4.  Feeding will be every second or third watering, as needed.

Started LST on Plant "A":

Use pipe cleaners to hold down the growing branches to the fan leaves.  Trying to get the plant to grow out first before up

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/15/2020 2:20 pm Cannavore liked
+ Show 2 comments
RedACD
  RedACD
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
Seconds for Casserole?

Weekly Update for Week Four!

Plant "A" or Alice:

Plant "B" Beatrice?:

Plant "C' Crooked and the Ghost Toof runt:

Crowding the tent (can't even see plant B):

Been watering almost daily.  Not sure why, but I changed my nute schedule.  Using tapwater ph'ed down to 6 - 6.5-ish.  Nutes are .5 oz calmag and .5 oz Grow Big every two waterings, followed by a round of plain water.  Getting about two cycles of this per week.    

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/23/2020 12:53 pm Cannavore liked
+ Show 1 comments
RedACD
  RedACD
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
Seconds for Casserole?

Thanks Cannavore!  Not a total newbie more of a "hobby grower" I guess.  Starting my 4th season and have been using soil the past 3 years. 

This last fall I ran into a problem with the latest soil I purchased.  Normally buy a few bags each season at the hardware store and then use it up over the year.  Been mixing in a 25% perlite ratio.  An issue in my area is the hardware stores never carry the same brands of soil year to year.   It can be luck of the draw on what's in stock. 

This past year's soil is too hot for autoflower seedlings, and its already mixed with so much perlite, I'm afraid to add more.  So I mixed in some coco in hopes to dilute the soil down somewhat.  Do I know what I'm doing?  Not really!  And I still have two bags of this soil left.  I think next time I'll try to keep more soil and less coco, but I'll still need to tone the dirt down.      

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/24/2020 11:24 am Cannavore liked
RedACD
  RedACD
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
Seconds for Casserole?

Had to practice some social distancing this week.  Little runty Ghost Toof got kicked out of the tent to make room.  Pic shows plant C, A and B.  C = 27", A = 35.5" and B = 31.5" (bottom of pot to tip of plant).  A is in a 3 gal fabric pot, C and B in 2 gallon.  Not sure what the strain(s) are, but a good chance its half 3Bears OG.  Switched nutes to Tiger Bloom, but only running 2.5 ml oz per gallon, Calmag 2.5 ml and Big Bloom 5 ml per gallon.  

Ghost Toof all by herself.   Little runt is still in veg and growing up and out.  Using an extra 2x2x4 tent on the kitchen table for this one.  Light is an Autocob 55w 3.5k just like the other tent.  Vent is room air, which is a little colder in this room.  Weather is changing quickly, and this room will get much warmer soon.  Still giving 2.5 ml / gal Grow Big.

edited to add:  Opps was giving out the wrong info on the nutes.  Changed things over to ml in hopes its easier for me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/29/2020 11:12 am
RedACD
  RedACD
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
Seconds for Casserole?

Another weekly update.  Things are moving along with the grow, but having a few issues.  First off, these grew too tall.  I should have topped the two in the 2 gallon pots.  Plant B grew past my grow lights.  I wasn't expecting these to be this lanky.   Plant A and C look healthy.  B not so much.  not sure what's going on, but I'm loosing fan leaves.  Leaves are dry and just whither.  Not sure what'll happen with her over the next 6 weeks.   The runty Ghost Toof is in her own tent and looking great.

The good (Ghost Toof):  

The Bad (Too Tall Girls):

The Ugly (Plant B):

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/06/2020 4:05 pm Cannavore liked
RedACD
  RedACD
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
Seconds for Casserole?

Want to keep updated on this grow.  I have to admit, I'm having a tough time currently and my mental health isn't the best right now.  Between life events, this COVID lockdown, and my 14 year old dog is in a steady decline and ready to pass, I'm not really feeling it.  Plus, I'm a little frustrated with this grow not going so well.  Damn plants outgrow my tents.  

Plants C, A and B.  B is not doing so great and lost most fan leaves.  Not sure what happened, since the feeding has been the same for all 4 plants.  If I can get her a few more weeks along, I'll be happier.

The "Runty" Ghost Toof.  She's still growing!  The light is 38.5 inches above the bottom of the tent, and its past that.  Burning some leaves from the light.  Oh well, like I mentioned, I've other life issues to focus on at the moment.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/18/2020 9:06 am
RedACD
  RedACD
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
Seconds for Casserole?

Middle plant "A" is doing great.  Nice fat flowers that are starting to need assistance staying upright.

Plant "B" looking sickly:

Plant "C":

Ghost Toof doing its own thing.  Looks to be weeks behind its cousins.  She's 44" tall today.  My light has only 38.5" of clearance.   

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/26/2020 3:11 pm Cannavore liked
RedACD
  RedACD
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
Seconds for Casserole?

Getting closer

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/04/2020 11:37 am
RedACD
  RedACD
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
Seconds for Casserole?

Getting closer.  Plants A, B and C close up:

Ghost Toof (not pictured) still weeks away.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/04/2020 11:37 am Cannavore liked
RedACD
  RedACD
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
Seconds for Casserole?

Yesterday was harvest day for the three Chef Anna's.  Had been giving them just ph'ed water for the past few weeks.  Was watching the tricomes, but never saw the ambers come in.  Loosing a lot of the fans leaves, and things were looking bare, so I decided to pull these girls down.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/16/2020 1:36 pm
+ Show 5 comments
RedACD
  RedACD
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan
Seconds for Casserole?

Harvest Pics:

Not my best effort.  I think these had a lot more potential and were limited due to my light height.  I did learn a few things from this grow I'll carry forward.  Don't crowd the tent, and always top even if they look runty at 3 weeks.  These seeds were an unknown on what to expect, and I was thinking they'd be closer to a 24" 3 Bears OG type plant.  Everything stretched and things started to get away from me from there.  The Mephsito genetics shinned through and showed. I kinda wished I knew which of the crosses I ended up with, but this way was fun too.  

Plant Alice yield: 129 grams or 4.56 oz

Plant Beatrice yield: 75 grams or 2.67 oz

Plant Crooked yield: 67 grams or 2.4 oz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/23/2020 2:52 pm
+ Show 1 comments