Forum

Island of Misfit Toys

HPD
  HPD
Esteemed Member
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows
Island of Misfit Toys

When gearing up to grow everyone inevitably builds up a cache of crap they don't use.  Sometimes its things you wanted to try that looked cool but didn't pan out, maybe you changed your grow style or upgraded to better gear but whatever reason in every growers gear stash there is always a box of misfit toys.

The time has come to give their lives meaning, and more importantly, get them the hell out of my house.

My pledge is to keep this as simple as possible and not let this grow damage my calm in any way, I'm quite happy this summer after SAFC with no plants to set my schedule and worry me with issues.  So this will be really hands off. Minimal help in sprouting, straight to their final pots before the seeds crack, thrown to the wolves of the New Mexico sun before coming out of the dirt, water only with a bit of top dress when or if it suits me and its gonna be lord of the flies on my back porch where only the strong will survive. 

Oh, and the laziest, jankiest journal you ever saw for good measure...If there are more than 4 posts I'll be ashamed of myself.

The crap:

4 - 1 gallon Vivosun velcro sided transplanter pots.   Came in a box of 5, used one for a coco grow last fall and it had to be cut open anyway and tossed, useless.   But I have enough dirt to fill them and the tiny pots will keep them small enough I don't have to worry about them getting tall enough to be seen from the street so I stay legal.

Build A Soil lite blend left over from my SAFC.   This stuff was great as a starter mix, not too hot, seedling loved it and I'd recommend it highly but I got a massive gnat problem imported from my wifes sick plant and we can't quite zero them out so I'm not going to run weed in soil inside the house again anytime soon so why keep buckets of dirt in the garage.

Build A Soil craft blend to top dress, its for dirt and I'll be steering clear of dirt for a while so get it gone.

Light will be courtesy of the sun, daytime highs right now are running in the low 90's, 60's at night and humidity will swing wildly from 5% to 95% as the summer monsoons roll through.  One bright spot about 7000ft elevation is that it does not get over 100F, ever.  Should they take hold they can look forward to early/mid October temps ranging from high 30's overnight to upper 70's in the day.   If a really bad thunderstorm is coming and I'm paying attention Ill drag them under cover, maybe.

4 seeds went into paper towels at midnight, all freebies from various seed purchases

2 GG#4 autos - freebie from MSNL 

1 Methane auto by Gnome - freebie from Multiverse Beans

1 Gummi Bears auto by Atlas - freebie from Multiverse

No expectations on any of them, zero information period about whatever "Methane" lineage is and as a topper I fumbled the tubes for Methane and Gummi Bears so it's a coin flip they'll be labeled correctly in the pots which suits this grow fine.

Let the disappointment begin!

Cannabis Grow drago

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/21/2022 10:27 am

Day 10?

So they all popped and got above ground on day 4 and other than moving them in and out of the shade to harden them off and getting them under cover before thunderstorms I haven't done anything but water.  Put some worm casting leftovers on them this morning that will get watered in next time.  I've been letting them get about 1/2 hour a day more direct sun each day and by the end of this week they'll be out all day.   

The GG's were slowest out of the ground, Methane the quickest but now it's the runt and Gummi Bears is in the lead.  Methane also has a chunk missing from node 1 leaf, not sure if genes or critter but it doesn't seem to care either.

Cannabis Grow IMTDay10.1
Cannabis Grow IMTDay4.1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/30/2022 9:03 am J2DaG liked

2 Weeks, everyone is still alive and there is a new addition coming.

Decided to run an experiment for sprouting directly in perlite before starting my PTGC later this month, I kinda expected it to not work.   It's not a plant I want to put in my PTGC so as soon as I can ween it out of the humidity dome I'll chuck this micro hempy bucket out with the rest of the castaways.

The 4 older plants are now getting full day sun minus monsoon interruptions and seem happy enough about it.

Cannabis Grow MH4.1
Cannabis Grow IMTDay14.1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/04/2022 7:17 pm

Pretty sure today is 22 from seed

Dirt plants are just fine, not getting a lot of sun though.  Sun reaches the patio about 9:40am and I have to run them under cover sometime between noon and 3pm most days to avoid the monsoons so maybe 3-4 hours of actual sun and the rest of the day is cloudy or shaded under the covered porch.    But I haven't missed a storm yet, they will get wrecked if I do.   Gummi Bears has 5 nodes, the other 3 only 4.

My little hempy bucket plant got wiped out half a day after going outside by the wind, yoinked out of the pot and half the roots torn off.  A few ounces of rez are not nearly enough weight to be outside here.   But now I know for sure how fast it will root one of those little pots.  In the picture thats half the roots, the other half was left in the pot.

Cannabis Grow MH10.1
Cannabis Grow IMTDay22.1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/11/2022 11:26 am
HPD
  HPD
Esteemed Member
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows
Day: 27
Flower Day: 1

Day 27 I think

Got pistils on all 4 by the middle of today.  Methane had them Saturday and one GG showed yesterday but now I got 'em all so it's time to change the counter.  Bit surprising to get pistils on 3 different auto strains within 3 days, maybe the tiny pots. 

They got another spoonful of BAS craft blend before watering today.  Been nearly 90 for a few days and full day sunny, yesterday they all had tacoed leaves.  Coming up is 4 days of heavy rain so they won't see sun for a while but at least there are no flowers to mold up yet.  With luck the monsoons will be gone after next week and they can build buds in safety.

Picture of the largest, Gummi Bears, with the smallest, Methane, behind it and the solo shot is the larger GG.

Cannabis Grow IMTDay27.3
Cannabis Grow IMTDay27.2
Cannabis Grow IMTDay27.1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/16/2022 4:03 pm
HPD
  HPD
Esteemed Member
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows
Day: 36
Flower Day: 10

Day 36-ish

Lots of rain and overcast in the last week and the two GG's stretched a lot during the days they had to stay under cover but only main stems, side branches are like an inch or less long.

Gummi Bears still looks the best overall while little bitty methane is the furthest along in flower and the smeller of the quartet.    Still just getting water every 2-3 days and a spoonful of BAS craft blend once a week

Cannabis Grow IMTDay36.2
Cannabis Grow IMTDay36.1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/25/2022 1:23 pm
HPD
  HPD
Esteemed Member
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows
Day: 42
Flower Day: 16

6 weeks done

Got some spots and chomp marks in places but I haven't done more than foliar a bit of peppermint oil on the leaves and  chili pepper oil on the buckets to discourage pests.

Still not getting much in the way of full day sun, lots of overcast and hiding from storms so I think these might run long, thinking 5-6 more weeks is a good bet.  Smallest one still has the most bud development though its still pom poms 20 days after the first pistils.  The 2 GG's still don't smell like anything but fresh cut weeds while Gummi Bears and Methane are sorta skunky but nothing you can smell more than a foot away.  Gummi Bears looks to be the biggest yielder.

Temps and humidity have me putting water on 2 days on and one day off for the most part last week.  No top dress this week, maybe one last spoonful on each next week.  Other than that it's ph'd water with some Build a Soil big 6 mineral powder thrown in every other time.

Cannabis Grow IMTDay42.2
Cannabis Grow IMTDay42.1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/31/2022 12:38 pm
HPD
  HPD
Esteemed Member
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows
Day: 49
Flower Day: 23

7 weeks down

Not a lot of change, bit more flower size but hard to notice.  The GG's continue to be underwhelming in the weight department.  Lower leaves getting some damage from something, some of it looks like bugs and some from heat/humidty maybe.   Hot and sunny all week, 85-90f and 15%ish rh.

Cannabis Grow IMTDay49.3
Cannabis Grow IMTDay49.1
Cannabis Grow IMTDay49.0

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/07/2022 11:42 am
HPD
  HPD
Esteemed Member
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows
Day: 56
Flower Day: 30

8 weeks in the books

Throwing some of my leftover Organics Alive sample pack bloom powder in the nute bucket, too late for any topdress to break down and do anything.  Smallest plant is maturing much faster than the others, could be coming down in as little as 2 weeks while the others look to be 4+ still.  Nearly lost all of them yesterday when a nearby microburst blew some 50+mph gusts through the yard, they were getting slammed down nearly horizontal even tucked into a covered corner.

Cannabis Grow IMTDay56.4
Cannabis Grow IMTDay56.3

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/14/2022 11:11 am
HPD
  HPD
Esteemed Member
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows
Day: 64
Flower Day: 38

9 Down ? to go.

Looks like I'll be doing at least 2 if not 3 or 4 separate bud washing and drying rounds as they are on way different timelines, even the 2 GG's are way apart.   Best guess is 1-2 weeks for methane, 2 maybe 3 for one GG and 4+ still for the Gummi Bears and second GG.

Losing leaves daily as the nights get colder, be shuffling them into the garage by Friday night as a precaution since we will be going below 50f.   Aside from the leaf loss things look good, the buds are quite tasty looking even if quite small.

Cannabis Grow IMTDay63.3
Cannabis Grow IMTDay63.2
Cannabis Grow IMTDay63.1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/21/2022 11:03 pm
HPD
  HPD
Esteemed Member
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows
Day: 71
Flower Day: 45

Week 11 kicks off today.

Fairly shocked they made it this far, and healthy too even though they are super small.  Considering they start the morning at .25 vpd and by mid day are about 2.6 it gives me a lot of perspective about not worrying too much about my indoor plants when they get slightly out of the green zone.

Almost out of big fans on all the plants, probably lose the last few before next week.  Mornings are getting cold, 47f for a low today so I have a little cabinet greenhouse coming so I don't kill them right as the end is in sight.  Days are still a solid 76-78 the last week and mostly sunny, got a lot of overcast next week though right when I need to get these things done.

Cannabis Grow IMTDay71.4
Cannabis Grow IMTDay71.3
Cannabis Grow IMTDay71.2
Cannabis Grow IMTDay71.1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/29/2022 12:42 pm
HPD
  HPD
Esteemed Member
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows
Day: 77
Flower Day: 51

After 11 weeks the Gnome Automatics Methane got chopped, washed and hung up to dry today.

The other 3 got at least another 10 days to 2 weeks.

Cannabis Grow Methanechop10 5 22.1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2022 2:10 pm
HPD
  HPD
Esteemed Member
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows
Day: 85
Flower Day: 59

12 weeks over

Methane came out of the dry tent, 2.59 grams...lol.   Doesn't smell totally like hay so thats something, didn't have a great environment during dry, pretty larfy and pathetic top to bottom.

Next up to come down will be one of the GG's likely next Wednesday.  Second GG and the Gummi Bears will be done about the same time which I'm not even guessing at anymore, taking their sweet ass time.

Cannabis Grow Methane2.59
Cannabis Grow IMTDay85.1
Cannabis Grow IMTDay83.1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/13/2022 4:25 pm
HPD
  HPD
Esteemed Member
Cannabis Fan
Completed Grows
Harvested: 10/22/2022
Total Days: 94
Flower Days: 2

94 days 

The last 3 came down today, One GG and the Gummi Bears are just right and one GG is a touch early but bad weather is coming and the season is most certainly over.  The buds look very pretty, smell lovely and I can't complain with how trouble free this whole thing was. No bugs, no mold and no actual issues other than they are small.

Quick trim, wash and hang and with the coming cold I should have a much better climate for the next week to dry than I had for the Methane. My house smells like Hawaiian Punch and pine right now.

4 for 4 on a lord of the flies grow is good enough for me so I really don't care how the yield is but guessing on dry weight Ill go with -

Gummi Bears - 13 grams  - Reality 6.0

Purple GG#4 - 7 grams     - 2.79

Green GG#4 - 6 grams     - 3.33

Ridiculous...

Cannabis Grow IMTDay94.5
Cannabis Grow IMTDay94.4
Cannabis Grow IMTDay94.3
Cannabis Grow IMTDay94.2
Cannabis Grow IMTDay94.1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/22/2022 4:36 pm