Gelato in Coco + Dry amendments
Like the title say I will be using Gaia green dry amendments for this grow. I have been successful with that method outdoor in pot, I think its time to try it indoor!
Using 4 tbl spoon of 4-4-4 per gallon of coco to start with and I plan on top dressing every 3-5 weeks. My tap water is around 6.8, we'll see if thats ok. The outdoor seems to love it.
Soaking the seeds for 24 hours in water+rhizotonic solution (1ml per liters).
info from the breeder:
Gelato fem (Girl scout cookie X Cherry pie) mostly indica, 8-9 weeks.
''Gelato is a delightful cross of Sunset Sherbet and Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies coming natively from the Bay area of California.
As you would expect from the name, Gelato carries a fruity, dessert like aroma. The diverse terpene profile provides a complex flavour that has been described as sweet, citrus, earthy, mint, berry, cookie, and even lavender.
The buds of Gelato almost always retain dark purple hues, with fiery orange pistils, topped in an excessive amount of trichomes.''
Transplanted today, im having issue with one of the plant, got really stretchy and yellow. I think multiple things caused this, I waited too long to lower the light and to dime the led up. Temp was around 22'c and RH 65% in the past weeks, could have used some warmer temperature. My medium was not drying fast enough between the compost tea i did and the feeding with fish emulsion to have a good balance between dry and wet period.
Also i kinda threw my ph pen by the window and didnt ph my compost tea and the fish emulsion, maybe my ph is far from good and even in organic condition it's not regulated fast enough for the seedling to be able to get the nutrient it needs, would love to hear about that from other compost tea user.
This is way slower than my previous grow but i think it's probebly more about the grower than the growing technique used.
So i decided to transplant today in 3 gal fabric pots, amended with 4-4-4 and 3 cup of compost for 10 liters of coco and perlite. Hopefully that help but honestly i think this will be a 1 plant grow soon.
Looks like a weird deficiency to me like manganese, that's why im suspecting ph issue. Also wtf is going on with that stretch, other plant is fine (but small)
Anyway, this is an experiment, life.
Been watering with RO water since last post, and doing some Rhizotonic (kelp) foliar feeding.
I had a big wave of fungus gnat last week i catched over 30 of em in a few days. It seems to slow down now my trap dont catch as much... hopefully it doesnt screw me up. They recovering slowly now. So im going to keep them in the end...
Watering every 2-3 days. I toped them few days ago, starting to LST them in preparation for the scrog.
Grow rate really picked up. Nothing special, just growing and doing its thing!
Top dressed yesterday with bloom. I did two cal mag foliar feed last week, trying to give them some N they are a bit yellower specially right plant thats been struggleing the most.
I gave the girls some hydrolized fish 2-5-1, two time in a week ph 6.2 at the recomended dose
it really seems to help, got some green back on some fan leaves and the leaf dying have slowed.
Still watering every other day with canna boost... that bottle cost me a lot of money and im going to waste it so im using it to finish this grow.
took some pictures with the LED dimmed down.