Xanthur's First Grow - Blue Dream DWC
Week 5 starts today, so here are some highlights from week 4.
Stretching stopped except for one naughty girl who kept on growing. You can see it in the pics and videos.
Also my pH has been dropping fairly quickly which I gather to mean that N uptake has all but stopped while P uptake is accelerating.
Week 5 had some difficulties. I had another clog in the GH Waterfarm, so the plants did not get any new water for 3 whole days, and this was during a time when pH was dropping fast. This caused some damage to one of the plants. Chatroom says it's both K and Calcium deficiency. After removing the clog, my normal 750ppm spiked to 1150, and all of the girls had some lightly burnt tips. After fighting it with lots of plain RO water, I gave up and just drained the system. Since then, it has been stable at 750ppm and 6.3 pH.
One naughty girl stretched higher than the others, so she was only 16" from the 1000w HPS. The colas directly under the light are a bit bleached and maybe slightly foxtailed, so i raised the light a few more inches. Hopefully it is enough because I have no more room to raise it again.
Here are some pics from week 5! Starting to smell so good in the tent.
Week 6: This week went pretty well. I didn't like my water temps at 75 degrees, so I picked up a chiller. It has been running at 68 for the past few days.
One of the smaller plants has amber pistils now, and the trichomes look cloudy from a distance. I can't really get a clear magnified pic, but I know it isn't ready. It is way too early! It is the only one looking like that, so I am sure I will end up chopping it early, but hopefully not for another couple of weeks!