First DWC attempt or Dr. Kratky w/ AUTOs
Welcome to my first DWC! Please be patient while I figure this forum stuff out 🙂
Seeds directly into Alpine water, into rockwool on 10/20/2019
As the seeds begin to germinate, it is time to layout the plan for sexing. I feel that too much energy and nutrients are spent on the presexed portion of the grow. While I do not disagree that this is an important part of the grow cycle, with autos, I feel we can minimize costs here especially when sharing a limited grow space.
I will be taking mason jars and spray painting the outside black. The seedling in the rockwool will be placed into a 2" netpot. The netpot will be inserted into the mouth of a regular mouth 1L jar per plant. The jar will be filled with alpine water for about a week or two or until roots can be seen extending from the bottom of the cube. From this point, the water will be replaced with a very mild nutrient solution.
No bubbler, no air stone. just stagnate water.
We have time to figure out what nutrient solution will be used when the time comes.
seedlings will also be grown directly under the flowering lamp at full energy.
Maturity: 80 days
Yield: Moderate to High
Parents of Spotted Limes
Port and Stilton
A strain for the refined meph_heads amongst us, Port and Stilton should provide a very deep and complex arrangement of tastes and flavours. On one side you have the musky sweet dank of the stilton containing hints of spices, with the dry red wine scent of the double grape. These girls should be doubly dank with a warming, happy festive fuzzy vibe.
CBD Auto Compassion Lime
Bursting with a powerful lime taste derived from Daiquiri Lime genetics, consumers would be forgiven for forgetting she packs high CBD content with comparable levels of THC. Her balanced genetics provide a high that is still powerful, but with all the health-boosting attributes of CBD. A perfect choice for medicinal users seeking mild amounts of THC, or those who like to smoke throughout the day.
Overall Day 13, seedling about day 6 or 7.
Quite the busy week for me with some travel involved. Right before I left, the seedlings had fully sprouted and were lanking. So I busted out my 250watt VHO T5 and set it right on top of the dome. The lanking stopped, leaves started to green up, and all except for one plant are nice and tall and healthy. They will move into the new veg room this weekend.
lux at apx 20k, will allow to adjust before increasing amount slowly to about 50k lux where possible!
The girls are sitting in a Flora Nova week 1 at about 50-75% apx 400 ppm + Calmag in 1 L mason jars. No aeration, no refill. After the water in the draw jar is about gone, we will transplant into a larger bucket.
Not too pleased with this setup. Very bulky and impossible to move around. One of the other buckets cracked for no reason, so I fear I may need to find a better container soon. Otherwise, they are flowering under hps at the moment 500watt and seemingly tolerant. 🙂
I gave the poor girl a dome. We are on 17/7 in preparation for Pineapple Express on and around Valentine’s Day. The black box is the climate controller Stc1000 and it is floating because I removed all the old grow room supplies and need to keep wires off the floor in a hydro setup.
I had to cull the plant that was struggling today. I don't know why she didn't make it, it could have been a laundry list of things in this experimental stagnate water gig.
The other little girls are pulling along with pistils showing from all the girls. The fan that I had in there has died and I replaced it with the oscillating fan I had used for drying until I can reinstall a tentpole in the grow room (when I was cleaning it kept falling over so I decided to remove it - I'm not growing in a tent so there's naturally no tent pole, but I have that clip on fan.
The nutrient res doesn't look hot at all, I plan on changing it out and cleaning out the res. This bucket has made for a poor res as the rim of the bucket is not supported enough under the pressure of the water and dislodges the lid and allows light to fall through.
I have no intention of changing the grow method for this run so let's see where and how far they can go!